Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry POCONO REGION AREA

I wont state the LGSs inviolved but immediately they raised their prices on used firearms and ammo.If you shop these areas you most likely know these stores as sticker shoch hits you in the face.I don't begrudge making a living but there are manys other LGSs that do not practice these behaviors.A fair profit is the norm but screwing your regular customers will lead to failures and these customers do not forget who gouged them ! JMO/MDT

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: POCONO REGION AREA

Hahahahaha I posted in the wally world thread that LGS were going to start price gouging because of wally world are discontinuing sales of certain ammunition nothing new sad but most are just as bad of those on the left Attachment 120997

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    Hahahahaha I posted in the wally world thread that LGS were going to start price gouging because of wally world are discontinuing sales of certain ammunition nothing new sad but most are just as bad of those on the left Attachment 120997
    Yeah I wonder where all the gun show sellers are going to get their ammo from if there is another shortage now that Wally World is out of the plinking ammo game?

Hate to say it but this is why I rarely buy from local shops getting dicked around by both sides get's real old real fast. If I lived closer to Tanners I would have sent them a lot of money but business like that are few and far between these days. If the rest of the country would go the Cali route and mandate that all ammo orders go through an FFL via a back ground check I would expect a lot of people to move away from the gun hobby real fast due to the buy it from us at our over inflated price or pay a $50.00 transfer fee.
    Last edited by Hodgie; September 5th, 2019 at 01:45 PM.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I used fo buy ammo at Eastern Arms in Albrightsville when I lived there. I hope they are not the price raisers. They also had reasonable transfer fees.

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I used fo buy ammo at Eastern Arms in Albrightsville when I lived there. I hope they are not the price raisers. They also had reasonable transfer fees.
    They are still a solid operation and decent people. I will still shop there and at AF Boyers in Slatington if I feel like traveling a bit. I do all my transfers though a private dealer who is also a member here up in Cresco. He's a really good guy and he will try and get the best prices for things as he can and if you choose to buy it from an online store and ship it through him he is cool with it and happy to make the transfer money.

Advanced Arms in Pittston are really good people too and I would buy from there again however it's a bot out of my way for browsing.
    Last edited by Hodgie; September 5th, 2019 at 02:47 PM.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    They are still a solid operation and decent people. I will still shop there and at AF Boyers in Slatington if I feel like traveling a bit. I do all my transfers though a private dealer who is also a member here up in Cresco. He's a really good guy and he will try and get the best prices for things as he can and if you choose to buy it from an online store and ship it through him he is cool with it and happy to make the transfer money.

Advanced Arms in Pittston are really good people too and I would buy from there again however it's a bot out of my way for browsing.
    That's good to hear. My daughter still lives in that area and my next visit may include an Eastern arms stop!

(Bucks County)

That will just drive more people to order online.

Sgammo.com

Targetsportsusa.com

Sportmansguide.com

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    I wont state the LGSs inviolved but immediately they raised their prices on used firearms and ammo.If you shop these areas you most likely know these stores as sticker shoch hits you in the face.I don't begrudge making a living but there are manys other LGSs that do not practice these behaviors.A fair profit is the norm but screwing your regular customers will lead to failures and these customers do not forget who gouged them ! JMO/MDT
    I'm not sure which LGS you're talking about, but I know one that is VERY close to me (but sill remain nameless) that I visited a couple weeks ago that had his same gun show prices on his guns in the shop. Moreover, he also had no markings on which guns were used and which were new and had new gun prices on used guns.

IIRC, his price for a Taurus G2C was $100 over the next closest LGSs in the area. Even higher than Dicks and Gander Outdoors.

FUBAR!
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    I'm not sure which LGS you're talking about, but I know one that is VERY close to me (but sill remain nameless) that I visited a couple weeks ago that had his same gun show prices on his guns in the shop. Moreover, he also had no markings on which guns were used and which were new and had new gun prices on used guns.

IIRC, his price for a Taurus G2C was $100 over the next closest LGSs in the area. Even higher than Dicks and Gander Outdoors.

FUBAR!
    That's just one of the several LGSs !

(Monroe County)

Hit me up. I'll try to give good $
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast