Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Walmart question

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Walmart is still not as antigun as Wegman's or Giant. They actually still sell guns and ammo.

https://twitter.com/Wegmans/status/1...F2219617001%2F

And, we've had several members here run into trouble for carrying in Giants for years.
    Walmart CEO is actively lobbying for gun control and bans on assault weapons and 30 round mags. That's anti gun. Wegman's asked their customers to not open carry but still have no problem with concealed carry.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Allegheny County)

Anti-Gun LITE.
    All the anti with just 1/3 the offensiveness.

LOL
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    And, we've had several members here run into trouble for carrying in Giants for years.
    Somehow I've managed to avoid ever having problems at either of the Giants near me. Actually, that's not entirely true. There was one time in the Kutztown Giant that some nutty dude in his 50s followed me out into the parking lot, circling me like a jackal while ranting and raving about how I'm scaring people and he's the only one man enough to say anything about it. The looks people were giving him during this exchange were amusing.

But, I can say I've never had a problem with management or staff at either Giant location. Maybe it depends on the particular location?

(Bucks County)

I'd suggest that it's more of a reflection about how you carry yourself.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    I'd suggest that it's more of a reflection about how you carry yourself.
    That could very well be. When I'm open carrying I never dress down for the occasion. Polo shirt and khaki shorts or pants, usually sneakers or loafers. I try to have a friendly disposition quick to smile and nod and greet people, or help them with a question or to get something off the top shelf. I do the same when I'm concealed, but I feel like it's especially necessary when open carrying. Demeanor counts for a lot.

North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Honestly the only clarity I needed was when they came out and said that they are now lobbying for restrictions on the 2nd..... so it does not matter to me. I will be going into Walmart as often as I go to Dicks.
    Exactly right. IMO, implementing this "soft ban" on open carry doesn't bother me a whole lot. First off, it appears that it doesn't mean much, as people are reporting that they are open carrying in WM stores with no trouble. Second, they are not prohibiting or discouraging concealed carry. I don't like it, but I recognize it is entirely within the business's right to set a policy for their stores.

But focusing on this aspect sure looks like someone is not seeing the forest for the trees. WM's CEO is going A LOT farther than changing his stores OC policy. He is actively lobbying for new gun control laws, and actively perpetuating the lie that AR/AK rifles are evil. To me, that is all I need to know to not set foot in a WM store or buy from them online, just as I have not set foot in or bought from Dicks or Field & Stream since they started siding with the gun grabbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Circa 1990 Walmart was just moving into this area and they ran plenty of ads. They boasted the American flag and, "made in xxxxtown, USA" all over the place. But that all got replaced with the cheap shit that they sell now. I once had an associate from Ohio who related a sad story about Ohio Arts to me. Ohio Arts, for those who don't know, is the maker of the once coveted Etch-A-Sketch that we all had. Well...Ohio Arts needed to get their product into the growing behemoth Walmart's stores but Walmart would have nothing of it until the product was produced in China at a price point that they determined. FUCK WALMART for now and for evermore.
    WM has done this over and over and over with different manufacturers and suppliers. They did the same with Vlasic pickles. They did the same with Shop Vac. I, too, remember when WM boasted about American-made products in their stores. Then old Sam died, and everything changed.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by farmplinker View Post
    WM has done this over and over and over with different manufacturers and suppliers. They did the same with Vlasic pickles. They did the same with Shop Vac. I, too, remember when WM boasted about American-made products in their stores. Then old Sam died, and everything changed.
    QFT!!
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    Everyone knows Walmart made that stupid announcement.

However, I'd like clarity if anyone knows more than I do.

I've read statements that read that Walmart "banned' open carry. I've read news stories that show that Walmart 'respectfully asks customers not to open carry'. I've also seen statements attributed to Walmart saying, "We leave discretion to each manager".

Asking someone not to OC is different from outright banning it. And leaving it up to manager's discretion makes the whole policy seem completely unclear.

How should we interpret this?
    It seems crystal clear to me. They don’t want drama in their stores and don’t want people to OC guns in their stores.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    It seems crystal clear to me. They don’t want drama in their stores and don’t want people to OC guns in their stores.
    And they are lobbying for more gun control.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast