Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Walmart question

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Would you accost me if I were...

Walmart is not accosting anyone. It is a private business, open to the public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Chester County)

Wal-Mart CEO has turned the store into an anti gun paradise now. I bet he got blow jobs from all his male assistants when he made that decision to make Wal-Mart an anti gun bastion. I guess At this point there is no point in me going to an anti gun store and spending my hard earned cash for the profit of anti gunners. I'll now make the extra drive to go to Giant or Wegman's. Wal-Mart was nothing but as convenience to me so no big deal not patronizing a Dick's like anti gun store that now will lobby to take my rights away from me.
    Last edited by JenniferG; September 5th, 2019 at 04:08 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Why would anyone who has a shred of decency and self respect for the Constitution shop at Walmart. They sell commie made goods and obviously do not respect the bill of rights. Yes you can carry concealed and maybe you can buy the ammo until they sell out at a reduced price but why would you. Only if you are a traitor or a poor son of a bitch would you step foot in one of those sh-t stores.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    Why would anyone who has a shred of decency and self respect for the Constitution shop at Walmart. They sell commie made goods and obviously do not respect the bill of rights. Yes you can carry concealed and maybe you can buy the ammo until they sell out at a reduced price but why would you. Only if you are a traitor or a poor son of a bitch would you step foot in one of those sh-t stores.
    YEAH! YOU TELL 'EM!
    SHOP AMURICAN!!!

Good luck with that.

Yours truly,
    One poor sonifabitch.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yep. If they had silently rolled out new plans to drop ammo sales a month from now, there wouldn't be a shit storm brewing.

On the flip side, it's highly unlikely that this was not well thought out and research showed them that their "new" target audience would be thrilled.

They are trying to compete with Amazon - not Kmart - they must appeal to young, tech-minded shoppers - shoppers who are likely not at all concerned with ammunition being discontinued - shoppers that applaud the "effort" to stem "gun violence".
    People like my super progressive co worker? Who even when I showed him something was cheaper on walmart.com he STILL bought it from Target because "walmart is where the poor people shop." They'll probably never earn his business or anyone like him.

Meanwhile I shopped there and now I won't.

If they had made it easy to buy guns and ammo online and pick them up in store they probably could have gotten a fuck ton of business. Now they'll just loose a bunch of business. Probably not enough to hurt, but hopefully enough for them to notice.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Wal-Mart CEO has turned the store into an anti gun paradise now. I bet he got blow jobs from all his male assistants when he made that decision to make Wal-Mart an anti gun bastion. I guess At this point there is no point in me going to an anti gun store and spending my hard earned cash for the profit of anti gunners. I'll now make the extra drive to go to Giant or Wegman's. Wal-Mart was nothing but as convenience to me so no big deal not patronizing a Dick's like anti gun store that now will lobby to take my rights away from me.
    Wegman's is following suit.

Not surprising, given their NY headquarters

(York County)

I really can't see myself shopping there anymore. If the whole damn world loses it's mind and goes down this road, I suppose at some point one will have to bite the bullet. But for the immediate future, they can suck it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    People like my super progressive co worker? Who even when I showed him something was cheaper on walmart.com he STILL bought it from Target because "walmart is where the poor people shop." They'll probably never earn his business or anyone like him.

Meanwhile I shopped there and now I won't.

If they had made it easy to buy guns and ammo online and pick them up in store they probably could have gotten a fuck ton of business. Now they'll just loose a bunch of business. Probably not enough to hurt, but hopefully enough for them to notice.
    Yeah, I don't know what's in the minds of the people running the show, but what I've noticed since working there is that the COMPANY is much more liberal-minded than the public's perception is of them.
    Seems like they are trying to get away from the stereotype of "Walmart" by slowly becoming more appealing to a different demographic.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Walmart is still not as antigun as Wegman's or Giant. They actually still sell guns and ammo.

https://twitter.com/Wegmans/status/1...F2219617001%2F

And, we've had several members here run into trouble for carrying in Giants for years.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by Liberifle View Post
    Wegman's is following suit.

Not surprising, given their NY headquarters

I thought they already did this a while ago.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast