Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Walmart question

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Ha! Walmart sucks, worse than Dicks. I don't need to move, I just stay out of there and everyone around here laughs because the people who were driven out of work by Walmart goes shopping there. Some can't see the forest for the trees.
    Dicks gave folks a royal screwing and all Walmart did was a poor marketing decision. Not really comparable.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Dicks gave folks a royal screwing and all Walmart did was a poor marketing decision. Not really comparable.

Saying they will start lobbying for gun control and that a assault weapons ban should be revisited as well as looking into universal background checks goes beyond a poor business decision imo.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Saying they will start lobbying for gun control and that a assault weapons ban should be revisited as well as looking into universal background checks goes beyond a poor business decision imo.
    I agree.
    They haven't gone full bore "ban assault weapons" though - they're just parroting the "commonsense" crap and "universal background checks" thing.
    It's not to the level of Dick's at all - but it IS a bad thing for sure.

Edit: I'll have to re-read it. I don't recall him saying anything about an AWB, but if he did, that's not cool at all.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Oh, brother. That tired, old "running mom and pop out of business" crap?
    It's anti American to hate on a business because they succeed.
    Fuck "fair" - that's liberal horse shit. If your business can't compete, that's the fault of the one that is successful and the successful business should be punished?
    C'mon.

Also, regarding the blatant LIE that they "give nothing in return", Walmart has all sorts of liberal-type "feel good" GIVING BACK programs. I heard all about them during my new hire training, and they constantly have notices for community events and fund raisers.

People can hate on them all they want, but you don't get to make shit up to do it.

The gun thing is a valid complaint. The other shit? That's a stretch.
    Oh, and you need to move if all your Walmart customers are inbred, because my store isn't like that. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Ha! Walmart sucks, worse than Dicks. I don't need to move, I just stay out of there and everyone around here laughs because the people who were driven out of work by Walmart goes shopping there. Some can't see the forest for the trees.

Deer-popcorn_zps369b041c.jpg
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Wyoming County)

They should have tried to keep it quiet like Springfield Armory and Rock River

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    They should have tried to keep it quiet like Springfield Armory and Rock River
    Yep. If they had silently rolled out new plans to drop ammo sales a month from now, there wouldn't be a shit storm brewing.

On the flip side, it's highly unlikely that this was not well thought out and research showed them that their "new" target audience would be thrilled.
    It's a business - nothing is done without considering how it will affect profits.
    Walmart as I see it, is trying to get ahead of things as opposed to staying stagnant and going out of business.
    They are pushing online sales with one day, free delivery. They have the Walmart app which is super helpful to shoppers. They are using robots to be more efficient. They are trying to compete with Amazon - not Kmart - they must appeal to young, tech-minded shoppers - shoppers who are likely not at all concerned with ammunition being discontinued - shoppers that applaud the "effort" to stem "gun violence".

I'd rather have the old, "China Mart" than what I'm seeing now.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Kinda like Zern's was.
    Awww....
    I just saw that it closed last year. I got my first dog (with free fleas!!) there way back in the 90s.

I agree.
    They haven't gone full bore "ban assault weapons" though - they're just parroting the "commonsense" crap and "universal background checks" thing.
    It's not to the level of Dick's at all - but it IS a bad thing for sure.

Edit: I'll have to re-read it. I don't recall him saying anything about an AWB, but if he did, that's not cool at all.
    Here's the quote i am going off of.

In addition, McMillon said that he would send letters to the White House and congressional leaders that "call for action" on "common sense" gun safety measures. McMillon said Congress should debate re-authorizing the assault weapons ban and expand background checks.
    "We encourage our nation's leaders to move forward and strengthen background checks and to remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger," he said. "Congress and the administration should act. Given our decades of experience selling firearms, we are also offering to serve as a resource in the national debate on responsible gun sales."

(Allegheny County)

Here's the quote i am going off of.

In addition, McMillon said that he would send letters to the White House and congressional leaders that "call for action" on "common sense" gun safety measures. McMillon said Congress should debate re-authorizing the assault weapons ban and expand background checks.
    "We encourage our nation's leaders to move forward and strengthen background checks and to remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger," he said. "Congress and the administration should act. Given our decades of experience selling firearms, we are also offering to serve as a resource in the national debate on responsible gun sales."
    Motherfucker.
    I can't up and quit, but they are losing a good worker.
    I've been told by management that "I wish we could clone you" - a nice compliment. I've had similar types of comments made directly to me and have been informed that my name came up in a meeting in a "good worker" sort of way.

I'm just really upset by this whole thing because of the position it puts me in.

Motherfucker.
    I can't up and quit, but they are losing a good worker.
    I've been told by management that "I wish we could clone you" - a nice compliment. I've had similar types of comments made directly to me and have been informed that my name came up in a meeting in a "good worker" sort of way.

I'm just really upset by this whole thing because of the position it puts me in.
    I can appreciate the position you are in and know how you feel when your convictions are challenged. (Stepping down as mod during the wasteland turmoil)

A little friendly advice if you don’t mind it. Honestly, family comes first. If you do quit make sure you have options available. Until you have viable options for the off season don’t worry about it or stress over it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast