Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Default Re: Walmart asking people not to open carry in store, no longer selling non hunting g

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Outstanding Sir! I'd rep ya but gotta spread it
    Got him!
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: Walmart asking people not to open carry in store, no longer selling non hunting g

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I work in a Super center with a "grocery side".
    I was told that 75% of the store's profit comes from groceries. Who does most of the grocery shopping? Surprisingly, it's still women who do that. Who do you think they are trying to sell other products to while they are there?

I really think that a lot of the internet braggers who "don't shop there" may be telling the truth - I don't think they really SHOP anywhere - their wives do it for them.
    My Walmart has within the last year made an incredible leap in the tool section. Used to be if it wasn't a hammer, pliers, screwdriver, or a small job that one of those tools would require, you were SOL. Now they have drill presses, bench grinders, and a rather nice (still cheap) selection of air compressors. It might all be cheap harbor freight quality stuff, but it's right there in a pinch
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

PickingPA Guest

My Walmart has within the last year made an incredible leap in the tool section. Used to be if it wasn't a hammer, pliers, screwdriver, or a small job that one of those tools would require, you were SOL. Now they have drill presses, bench grinders, and a rather nice (still cheap) selection of air compressors. It might all be cheap harbor freight quality stuff, but it's right there in a pinch
    I haven’t checked out Walmart tools in quite awhile, because like you said, there was never much to choose from. I may be mistaken, but your post did jog something in my memory... for some reason I’m thinking that maybe Walmart picked up the craftsman line after sears went under???? Maybe not, but that’s bouncing around in my head ???

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    I haven’t checked out Walmart tools in quite awhile, because like you said, there was never much to choose from. I may be mistaken, but your post did jog something in my memory... for some reason I’m thinking that maybe Walmart picked up the craftsman line after sears went under???? Maybe not, but that’s bouncing around in my head ???
    To the best of my knowledge Ace Hardware bought Craftsman, but maybe others were on the deal? Walmart tends to carry Black & Decker, and Stanley in what I would call THEIR high end offerings, the rest of the stuff seems to be a Walmart Brand - "Hyper Tough"
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

PickingPA Guest

To the best of my knowledge Ace Hardware bought Craftsman, but maybe others were on the deal? Walmart tends to carry Black & Decker, and Stanley in what I would call THEIR high end offerings, the rest of the stuff seems to be a Walmart Brand - "Hyper Tough"
    Ok, gotcha. Not sure why that was in my head, it’s usually just cobwebs

On another note, Walgreens just announced gun free zone

(Lehigh County)

Stanley tools owns the Craftsman brand these days. They distribute thru Ace, Lowes, and others as well.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Allegheny County)

I was told that 75% of the store's profit comes from groceries. Who does most of the grocery shopping? Surprisingly, it's still women who do that. Who do you think they are trying to sell other products to while they are there?

I really think that a lot of the internet braggers who "don't shop there" may be telling the truth - I don't think they really SHOP anywhere - their wives do it for them.
    To add to this as well as all of the "tech-minded" things Walmart is rolling out to appeal to younger shoppers (Walmart app, online grocery pickup, etc) and compete with Amazon...

Walmart is going to offer "unattended" in-home delivery of groceries in select markets. (Pittsburgh is one)
    There are job postings at work with 4 pages of total detail and outline of the position and it's requirements.
    $15 an hour. Additional background checks and training.
    Body cams will begin recording upon arrival and customers can watch it stream remotely on their phone.
    Recording stops when associate exits and locks door.

Looking at all all of the ways Walmart is trying to stay relevant and profitable, WHO do you think they are going to want to appeal to? The old, white guy who claims he'll never shop there again when he never really did in the first place, or the younger, more in-tune with current trends types who inevitably aren't going to give a crap if there's no more ammo to buy, and more than likely, applaud the shift away from "guns"?

It's a business. The goal is to make money.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    Ok, gotcha. Not sure why that was in my head, it’s usually just cobwebs

On another note, Walgreens just announced gun free zone
    Yeah I'm sure all Evil doers Hell bent will have a chance of heart once seeing the gun free zone signage

(Tioga County)

I've heard anywhere from 2/3rds to 80% of domestic spending is women. I'd agree there are a lot of men that let their wives do it all for them.

But I don't have that problem, I do all my own shopping and yeah I don't need to shop at Wal Mart. In fact I only really go there a couple of times a year now and usually it's to get items in bulk like distilled water, paper products, toothbrushes, etc. But I can get all that stuff elsewhere.

For me I really don't care if companies want to sell stuff or not. If Wal Mart announced they were getting out of the gun business altogether I'd say so what. But I don't need companies lecturing to me and then the CEO who is a pompous ass lobbying to ban guns and institute red flag laws. I CAN take my money elsewhere and will.

(Tioga County)

To add to this as well as all of the "tech-minded" things Walmart is rolling out to appeal to younger shoppers (Walmart app, online grocery pickup, etc) and compete with Amazon...

Walmart is going to offer "unattended" in-home delivery of groceries in select markets. (Pittsburgh is one)
    There are job postings at work with 4 pages of total detail and outline of the position and it's requirements.
    $15 an hour. Additional background checks and training.
    Body cams will begin recording upon arrival and customers can watch it stream remotely on their phone.
    Recording stops when associate exits and locks door.

Looking at all all of the ways Walmart is trying to stay relevant and profitable, WHO do you think they are going to want to appeal to? The old, white guy who claims he'll never shop there again when he never really did in the first place, or the younger, more in-tune with current trends types who inevitably aren't going to give a crap if there's no more ammo to buy, and more than likely, applaud the shift away from "guns"?

It's a business. The goal is to make money.
    It's true, the goal is to make money.

But I'm not sure if the trendy liberals are running to Wal Mart. Maybe Wal Mart will attempt to throw it's rural or suburban customers under the bus to aim at the trendy leftists working office jobs in the city, kinda like Nascar.

Actually I think what might be going on here is a poke in the eye at Trump. Trump is unraveling the China scheme that has enriched the Walton family greatly and they aint happy.

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast