Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Walmart asking people not to open carry in store, no longer selling non hunting g

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    How can we have equality when there's such things as "protected classes" written into law, and apparently a good many people support such a violation against basic rights?
    The right to own something will never and should never be considered any part of a protected class. Even more so over an object. Smoking is banned for buildings. They have some more rights in the work place. But they are not a protected right. You can kick someone out for smoking.

Have millions of dollars, a make church of glock, get it accepted as a religion, then maybe you can be a protected class based on religion. If Scientology can do it, so can you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Walmart asking people not to open carry in store, no longer selling non hunting g

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown 1087 View Post
    The right to own something will never and should never be considered any part of a protected class. Even more so over an object. Smoking is banned for buildings. They have some more rights in the work place. But they are not a protected right. You can kick someone out for smoking.

Have millions of dollars, a make church of glock, get it accepted as a religion, then maybe you can be a protected class based on religion. If Scientology can do it, so can you.
    So why should the right of practicing one's religion be part of a protected class? It's still a personal choice, and it's enshrined in the 1st amendment, much like the right to own a firearm is enshrined in the 2nd. Why shouldn't it be a protected class? Please point to the part of the Constitution that indicates smoking is a civil right.

This is why we will eventually lose our rights, because there's too many people like you and many others there that sit back and just let it all happen.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lancaster County)

So why should the right of practicing one's religion be part of a protected class? It's still a personal choice, and it's enshrined in the 1st amendment, much like the right to own a firearm is enshrined in the 2nd. Why shouldn't it be a protected class? Please point to the part of the Constitution that indicates smoking is a civil right.

This is why we will eventually lose our rights, because there's too many people like you and many others there that sit back and just let it all happen.
    Smokers are not a civil right. Nor did I say they are close. I said, you can ban smokers but they have more rights while at work. For instance for some reason, they get smoke breaks. While others do not, while still not being in a protected class. But in general. For example. You could be smoking, goto Walmart that says no smoking, continue to smoke and end with with the same result this guy did. The moral of the story is, don’t be an asshole while on/in another persons property.

And no, gun owners won’t lose rights because people like me, and so many others on this very forum believe that the government shouldn’t have a say over another persons business. I remember topics on here when a bakery refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding. “The government shouldn’t be making the bakery bake them a cake!! They can go elsewhere”.

Now the its flipped: “OMGG Becca, the government should force Walmart to allow open carry because its a right!!”

Acting like toddlers and being an asshole on other persons property will make gun owners lose rights because of people ending up on the news for bullshit like this. They’ll think “well, if they’re going to act that way, they shouldn’t open carry”. Walmart is allowing concealed carry.

So either A, conceal carry or B, don’t goto Walmart. C, goto Walmart, be a douche, get trespassed, and end up on the news crying how life is unfair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

Someone posted this reply at arfcom. Bolded is mine.

"Thank you for taking the time to write and share your thoughts on our recent policy changes. We have a proud heritage of serving hunters, and we will still carry a range of firearms and ammunition for their needs.

We lost 24 lives within a week in our stores from gun violence. While we are realistic in knowing these changes may not stop the next mass shooting, we decided to no longer sell the ammunition that can be used in large capacity clips on military-style weapons, which we do not sell. We will focus our assortment of ammunition on the firearms we do carry.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,
    Walmart Executive Communications"
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

Exactly.
    I had read that before and... well, why the policy change?
    They know as well as you that none of this stops "mass shootings".

How does not selling ammo make the store safer?

All of it is a LIE - exactly the same as when any politicians tout themselves as "avid sportsmen" as credentials of "support" for the second amendment.

The CEO is clearly a gun owning, Fudd of an anti.
    He's just trying to be sneaky about it so he doesn't piss off TOO many customers.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Exactly.
    I had read that before and... well, why the policy change?
    They know as well as you that none of this stops "mass shootings".

How does not selling ammo make the store safer?

All of it is a LIE - exactly the same as when any politicians tout themselves as "avid sportsmen" as credentials of "support" for the second amendment.

The CEO is clearly a gun owning, Fudd of an anti.
    He's just trying to be sneaky about it so he doesn't piss off TOO many customers.
    I'm wondering if this is their move to get into NYC.

(Lehigh County)

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to streaker69 again."
    --ET

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown 1087 View Post
    Smokers are not a civil right. Nor did I say they are close. I said, you can ban smokers but they have more rights while at work. For instance for some reason, they get smoke breaks. While others do not, while still not being in a protected class. But in general. For example. You could be smoking, goto Walmart that says no smoking, continue to smoke and end with with the same result this guy did. The moral of the story is, don’t be an asshole while on/in another persons property.

And no, gun owners won’t lose rights because people like me, and so many others on this very forum believe that the government shouldn’t have a say over another persons business. I remember topics on here when a bakery refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding. “The government shouldn’t be making the bakery bake them a cake!! They can go elsewhere”.

Now the its flipped: “OMGG Becca, the government should force Walmart to allow open carry because its a right!!”

Acting like toddlers and being an asshole on other persons property will make gun owners lose rights because of people ending up on the news for bullshit like this. They’ll think “well, if they’re going to act that way, they shouldn’t open carry”. Walmart is allowing concealed carry.

So either A, conceal carry or B, don’t goto Walmart. C, goto Walmart, be a douche, get trespassed, and end up on the news crying how life is unfair.
    Maybe a few people here think that way, but most here are rabidly in favor of private property rights, Walmart's included. My grievance concerning the video in question is, should government agents be enforcing corporate policy at the point of a gun. Without watching the video again, I think the officer (one of 8 required to eject a trespasser) stated he knew the person was doing nothing illegal, but that he should "know better". So, they weren't really even enforcing Walmart's corporate policy, they were enforcing their own (or their superiors) ideological ideas of social propriety. I'm not looking forward to the world where the police use their authority and threat of force (just their presence is threat of force), and not just left-wing nutjobs with their fists in the air.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Saw this card posted online. Not a bad idea.

Stick them up on the window right by the sign.

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Saw this card posted online. Not a bad idea.

Stick them up on the window right by the sign.

That’s good

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast