Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Walmart asking people not to open carry in store, no longer selling non hunting g

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Open carry doesn't bother me and sometimes I'll open carry but I never open carried nor have I ever seen anyone at Wegman's open carrying so it's pretty much a non issue for them and I've been going to the one in Downingtown since it opened.
    That would be a great store if it wasn’t for all the congestion in the parking lot. I put up with it though for their meat department.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Walmart asking people not to open carry in store, no longer selling non hunting g

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Mine too, just go through the drive through.

Open carry via the drive thru, what a novel concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Chester County)

Everyone should just wear shirts that say “I’m concealed carrying”
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    Lol @ the comments:

“Walmart is having a clearance sale on their BALLS”
    She's a cutie.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Allegheny County)

Walmart and Sam's Club have been my go-to literally my whole life. I have a family Sam's Club membership that goes back to 1991 (I was only born in '86) that I'm now managing. I'm the only one that really uses it so if I close it, so long as I tell the other two cardholders, it wouldn't be that big a deal, but it's not like Costco is any better, they've long banned firearms in general, so just saying I'll go to the competition isn't really a thing.

I'm going to do my best to avoid Walmart and Sam's due to their anti-gun stances but ugh.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I'm not opposed to retailers that don't want open carry. Most retailers do have a problem with it. Open carry doesn't bother me and sometimes I'll open carry but I never open carried nor have I ever seen anyone at Wegman's open carrying so it's pretty much a non issue for them and I've been going to the one in Downingtown since it opened. It doesn't appear those companies actively lobby to ban guns and destroy the 2nd amendment like Wal-mart now does. I've heard people complain about Giant and open carry for sometime now but again I've never seen anyone open carry at any of the Giants I've shopped at. I conceal carry 99% of the time but at a point if you look a little harder it's not really concealed that well. I've never been questioned about it in all my life and until relatively recently I carried a full size pistol in OWB holster with just a loose shirt covering it.
    ??
    --ET

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Liberifle View Post
    Walmart and Sam's Club have been my go-to literally my whole life. I have a family Sam's Club membership that goes back to 1991 (I was only born in '86) that I'm now managing. I'm the only one that really uses it so if I close it, so long as I tell the other two cardholders, it wouldn't be that big a deal, but it's not like Costco is any better, they've long banned firearms in general, so just saying I'll go to the competition isn't really a thing.

I'm going to do my best to avoid Walmart and Sam's due to their anti-gun stances but ugh.
    My Costco has never given me a hard time at all .... but amish country so there's that.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Banks View Post
    Thanks for the link !

Here's the feedback I gave them:
    Hello,

I have been a regular Walmart customer here in the Lehigh Valley area of PA.
    Mostly Allentown and Whitehall. And the occasional Quakertown store.

However; with your recent anti-gun announcements; banning open carry, banning selling of guns, and lobbying for new anti-gun laws.
    You have just lost me as a customer.

--ET
    --ET

Quote Originally Posted by Banks View Post
    Thank you for posting.

Your knee-jerk reaction policy of "banning" open carriers and reducing your inventory of ammunition that you sell is ridiculous and will only result in losing a large section of your customer base.

Legally-carried firearms DO NOT pose a risk to your shoppers or staff. Is a criminal is intent on doing harm in your store, they WILL NOT follow laws or your misguided store policy.

Additionally, the ammunition you're choosing to stop carrying is less lethal than some calibers you are still stocking for hunting purposes.

Whomever in your corporation is not only offending and violating the rights of your loyal customers, many who choose to protect their families while in public, but they obviously have zero education in firearms and should not be making rules involving them.

I sincerely hope you counter this policy with armed security in all stores 24/7 since you expect customers to come in unable to protect themselves and their families. If not, you're putting your customers and staff in MORE danger by leaving them unable to stop a threat by a criminal. You are essentially turning your stores into a shooting gallery for a criminal with ill intent. Announcing you do not allow people to legally carry firearms in your store is basically advertising to criminals that it's now open season in your store.

I realize the recent events that took place in your stores has shaken you and you want to "do something". However your choice of action is the exact opposite of what you should be doing. Discouraging those who could stop the threat is counter-intuitive. Demonizing and alienating law-abiding citizens to attempt to stop a person who won't follow laws or your store policy is an exercise in futility.

Please reconsider your actions and consult with some firearms experts the next time you decide to make a policy regarding firearms. Do not sell out for political reasons.

Now I need to reconsider whether I will continue to shop with you, and whether I want to take my family into your now less-secure and less-safe stores.

If you take only one point from my comments to heart, you must realize that you now have a DUTY to provide armed security in all stores since you're expecting customers to shop with no means of protecting themselves.

If you all-out ban firearms including concealed carry, I will no longer step foot into your stores. Grocery stores, local shops and BJ's Wholesale Club can replace Walmart and Sam's Club very easily.

Thank you for your time and considering what your customers have to say.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

Of course the problem with threatening to never set foot in their stores may be threatening to give them exactly what they want.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast