Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Default Re: Walmart asking people not to open carry in store, no longer selling non hunting g

Quote Originally Posted by chp1911 View Post
    The wife and I went shopping at our local Wal-Mart this afternoon and I OC'd on purpose and no one said a thing. I have OC'd in this Wal-Mart for the last 5 years at least and have never had a negative encounter. When they actually post the store I will then make a decision om whether or not I will continue to shop at Wal-mart
    I have a friend who is a Walmart employee open carry in his store while not working. I got a good chuckle out of that. The response was the same. I was told that they can ask you to disarm, and if you refuse- they can't do anything about it, though I countered and said that they can ask you to leave, but apparently that isn't policy.

You are giving your money to an organization that now is lobbying congress for the destruction of our rights. Let that sink in.

Props to you though.

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA
    And Walmart also operates 10,458 in-store pharmacies
    Yep- and I am pulling any prescriptions I have from them. GoodRX will help with finding a new pharmacy. Preferably an affordable, independent one.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG
    I'm not big on the boycott thing. Unless everyone is in on it it's just useless. This however gives me a good reason not to go to that freak show piss hole called Wal-Mart and go shop with somewhat normal people at a regular grocery store where they actually have fresh vegetables.
    Not all of them are piss holes. It depends on the Walmart. Some are very good- others... yikes. In my case none of that matters anymore because they went off the deep end.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag
    And shopping at Target? Cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    Wise words.

Quote Originally Posted by jlb0305
    Some are saying not selling handguns and short barrel rifles (firearms) or handgun ammunition. Others are saying short barrel rifle and handgun ammunition (all ammo). What is short barrel rifle ammo?
    Anti-gun people, the media, and by proxy in this case- Walmart, have absolutely no clue what they are talking about. If I had to attempt to understand their logic, 'assault weapons' are not 'long guns' which are used for hunting, and because 'assault weapons' have shorter barrels we need to stop selling that ammo.

They don't have the faintest clue what they are talking about. Any rifle with a barrel length longer than 16" is considered a 'long gun'.
    Last edited by Didnotcomply89; September 8th, 2019 at 07:34 AM.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Walmart asking people not to open carry in store, no longer selling non hunting g

Quote Originally Posted by chp1911 View Post
    The wife and I went shopping at our local Wal-Mart this afternoon and I OC'd on purpose and no one said a thing. I have OC'd in this Wal-Mart for the last 5 years at least and have never had a negative encounter. When they actually post the store I will then make a decision om whether or not I will continue to shop at Wal-mart

Which one?

Was there any handgun or rifle ammo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Which one?

Was there any handgun or rifle ammo?
    West Ridge Road in Millcreek. I did not look, I don't buy much ammo from them because I am able to buy online for much less than the sale price at Wal-Mart
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

(Erie County)

[QUOTE=Didnotcomply89;4054702]I have a friend who is a Walmart employee open carry in his store while not working. I got a good chuckle out of that. The response was the same. I was told that they can ask you to disarm, and if you refuse- they can't do anything about it, though I countered and said that they can ask you to leave, but apparently that isn't policy.

You are giving your money to an organization that now is lobbying congress for the destruction of our rights. Let that sink in.

I am aware of their position and like a few other folks I am limited on where it is convenient to shop. I will not shop there any more than is necessary BUT it is not always easy to shop for daily needs with out making some concessions.
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

(Tioga County)

Target is worse than Wal Mart when it comes to leftist causes.

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Target is worse than Wal Mart when it comes to leftist causes.
    Gender identity bathrooms come to mind

Target made their position clear years ago (2014)

Target announced Wednesday it is adopting a no-guns policy and, in a statement, asked that customers not bring guns into stores.
    Even customers in localities where guns are allowed will be subject to the chain’s new policy.
    “Bringing firearms to Target creates an environment that is at odds with the family-friendly shopping and work experience we strive to create,” Target’s interim CEO John Mulligan said in a statement.

Walmart, which sells more guns than any other company in the world, has no plans to follow Target’s lead. A spokeswoman for the retailing giant said it does not plan on making any statement on firearms.
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/targe...-ban_n_5551101
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Allegheny County)

Working again today.
    Last night there were a few "outs" (empty spaces) in the ammo case. Today, one shelf from left to right is bare, save one bulk pack of 223.

Appears people are buying it up.

Sundays are super busy for grocery shopping, so lots of guys tagging along - must be grabbing ammo while here.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

If they really wanted ammo out of there stores they could have loaded it all up, sent it back to there dist. centers and sold it off to some liquidator who would sell it on-line. It must be alright for them to still make the money, that's how you make a statement.

No question, this pisses me off.

I don't plan to buy ammunition al WalMart anymore. In accordance with their wishes.

That said, they haven't gone as far as other retailers, to ban guns at their locations, entirely. I don't want to punish WalMart to the extent I support another retailer that is even more anti-gun.

The trick is coming up with a proportionate and appropriate response.

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast