Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Does anyone know the employee regs for firearms at Lancaster General Hospitol?

I know they won’t allow employees to carry on shift but is there a locker or security check in? Do they tell employees to leave it in the car or do they tell them not to bring it on property at all. Looking for solid answers and not assumptions please. A family member may be transferring there and doesn’t feel like bringing it up to HR at this point.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Does anyone know the employee regs for firearms at Lancaster General Hospitol?

I may as well be "that guy" who disregards your request not to comment, but this is like asking if there's mall somewhere in this universe that offers lockers for carriers to store their guns while they shop since there's a "no weapons" policy at the mall.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Does anyone know the employee regs for firearms at Lancaster General Hospitol?

If "transferring", should not the employer be the same, and thus a likely *published policy* already be known?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Erie County)

Hospitals and most medical facilities don't allow firearms (excluding law enforcement) due to the safety of the staff and patients (which can include children).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Hospitals and most medical facilities don't allow firearms (excluding law enforcement) due to the safety of the staff and patients (which can include children).
    Yes.

My wife used to work at Hanover Hospital. They have a strict "no guns" policy. They even ask LEOs to leave their guns in their vehicles.

She told me a story about a doctor who had a carry permit and was found with a firearm in his locker. He was reprimanded and made to sign an agreement to not carry on hospital grounds if he wants to keep his job. The funny part about that story is that in Maryland, one of the "good and substantial" reasons to obtain a carry permit is if a doctor has a DEA number. I don't know about hospitals in MD permitting their MD's to carry on property, probably not, especially Hopkins.

(Lancaster County)

Don't ask don't tell, comply and die.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Westmoreland County)

Do you know if Lancaster General was acquired by Pinnacle Health System? If it was, then Lancaster General will very soon be converted over to a UPMC facility as UPMC bought Pinnacle last year. I am not sure if this Lancaster hospital is the one that is part of Pinnacle or not. I work for UPMC in Pittsburgh, and corporate policy is no weapons of any type on the premises, which includes even parking your car on UPMC property. The hospitals and office buildings, as well as all doctors offices, Physical Therapy offices and all other UPMC locations are posted as no weapons allowed.

(Bucks County)

Lancaster General has very conspicuous "No Guns" signs at every entrance.

Glad PA doesn't have signage enforcement.
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow