Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lawrence County)

Default Re: Full underlug blued 357 beauty pageant. Ruger vs Colt vs S&W. Opinions wanted

1st off, I'm a Ruger fan-boy. But I don't believe I've ever seen a decent factory blueing job on any Ruger hand-guns. Even to include the Six series. It always reminded me of a shiny blue/black paint.
    For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Full underlug blued 357 beauty pageant. Ruger vs Colt vs S&W. Opinions wanted

cant stand ruger and their use of cast frames vs forged....and colts don't fit my hand right...S&W it is....but i dont like full under lugs either.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Delaware County)

So just on looks
    1) S&W
    2) Colt
    3) Ruger

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    I recently paired the Colt Python and the Smith and Wesson model 29. Opinions of which is more visually appealing were pretty well split down the middle.

This time I have three blued six inch barreled 357’s with full underlugs on the table. Again, I’m just looking to know what the forum thinks is the best looking revolver out of the three. Price tags and performance should be left out of the equation. In this beauty contest there is no talent show or questions about humanity.

I personally think the Ruger is a great looking revolver but feel the other two outclass it with the edge slightly going to the Colt. What do you think is the best looking out of the three? By the way for those not familiar with revolvers they are a Smith and Wesson 529-1, Colt Python and Ruger GP100.

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    Too make this a fair comparison the Pinned and Recessed Model 27 Smith should have used....The model 529 is overkill unless you use a Colt Anaconda which both designed for the 44 Magnum Cartridge.

The S&W Model 27 if using a registered Magnum would be the winner
    School me. What the hell is a 529? Or a full under lug on a 29 for that matter. Going to make me dig out the standard book, aren’t you’s?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    School me. What the hell is a 529? Or a full under lug on a 29 for that matter. Going to make me dig out the standard book, aren’t you’s?
    looks like a fat fingered 586
    Last edited by brian; September 2nd, 2019 at 06:08 PM.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    looks like a fat fingered 586
    That sir is exactly what a 529-1 looks like.
    (Oops)
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Going on looks, I like the S&W best, mainly due to the color of grips.

The one I'd want to shoot, the Ruger. Looks more comfortable.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    cant stand ruger and their use of cast frames vs forged....and colts don't fit my hand right...S&W it is....but i dont like full under lugs either.
    Why the hate on a cast frame? I've never had a Ruger revolver frame crack and I've got some that have over 20k rounds through them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12