Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Full underlug blued 357 beauty pageant. Ruger vs Colt vs S&W. Opinions wanted

I recently paired the Colt Python and the Smith and Wesson model 29. Opinions of which is more visually appealing were pretty well split down the middle.

This time I have three blued six inch barreled 357’s with full underlugs on the table. Again, I’m just looking to know what the forum thinks is the best looking revolver out of the three. Price tags and performance should be left out of the equation. In this beauty contest there is no talent show or questions about humanity.

I personally think the Ruger is a great looking revolver but feel the other two outclass it with the edge slightly going to the Colt. What do you think is the best looking out of the three? By the way for those not familiar with revolvers they are a Smith and Wesson 586-1, Colt Python and Ruger GP100.

Last edited by bripro; September 2nd, 2019 at 06:32 PM.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Full underlug blued 357 beauty pageant. Ruger vs Colt vs S&W. Opinions wanted

Probably not a popular choice, but I'd take the Ruger. Has a more studly look.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Full underlug blued 357 beauty pageant. Ruger vs Colt vs S&W. Opinions wanted

^^There definitely is something about the Ruger. It is the one I use for the house.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Montgomery County)

I am not a revolver guy but on looks alone I’ll take the Colt.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(Mercer County)

Too make this a fair comparison the Pinned and Recessed Model 27 Smith should have used....The model 529 is overkill unless you use a Colt Anaconda which both designed for the 44 Magnum Cartridge.

The S&W Model 27 if using a registered Magnum would be the winner
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Chester County)

I am a huge fan of the S&W revolvers but on looks alone, the Python is the best looking wheelgun ever produced, IMO.

(Delaware County)

I'm a S&W guy. The vent rib on the Colt is appealing to many, but I never felt I needed one one my S&W 686. To me, the Ruger looks disjointed...made up of various parts. Grip checkering looks better on the Colt, but I've put non-checkered wood grips on my 3 revolvers.

(Bucks County)

I've always liked both but the Python still wins for me.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- The Papers of Ben Franklin

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    I recently paired the Colt Python and the Smith and Wesson model 29. Opinions of which is more visually appealing were pretty well split down the middle.

This time I have three blued six inch barreled 357’s with full underlugs on the table. Again, I’m just looking to know what the forum thinks is the best looking revolver out of the three. Price tags and performance should be left out of the equation. In this beauty contest there is no talent show or questions about humanity.

I personally think the Ruger is a great looking revolver but feel the other two outclass it with the edge slightly going to the Colt. What do you think is the best looking out of the three? By the way for those not familiar with revolvers they are a Smith and Wesson 529-1, Colt Python and Ruger GP100.

I'll take them, pm being sent [ ;

Each are extremely fine looking revolvers in their own right.

Regards,

Kobsw

(Beaver County)

The vented rib makes the Colt look better than the others but still loses to a vet rib Dan Wesson IMHO.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast