Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: I finally got my Stribog SP9A1!

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    Best deal ive seen!
    May decide to save for this over the extar ep9 now..

(Berks County)

Everyone seems to like them. I toyed with the idea of one, but already have an EVO SBR, and am waiting/trying to find a Zenith/MKE Z5-P (MP5K/N).

It took a while to grow on me, but now I want a Stribog. When it first came out I thought it was a clunkier and uglier version of the B&T GHM9. And the charging handle reciprocated, which was a deal breaker for me. Grand Power fixed the charging handle, though. And it looks so much better with a brace.

I really want a GHM9 or GHM45 (so pretty), but I just can't bring myself to spend that much on a pistol. And the price ($100) on GHM45 mags are ridiculous.

I've blown my fun gun budget for the year, so this will be high on the list for next year.

Damn you Misery Loves Shotguns for tempting me so... lol

Subgun comparison video

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    It took a while to grow on me, but now I want a Stribog. When it first came out I thought it was a clunkier and uglier version of the B&T GHM9. And the charging handle reciprocated, which was a deal breaker for me. Grand Power fixed the charging handle, though. And it looks so much better with a brace.

I really want a GHM9 or GHM45 (so pretty), but I just can't bring myself to spend that much on a pistol. And the price ($100) on GHM45 mags are ridiculous.

I've blown my fun gun budget for the year, so this will be high on the list for next year.

Damn you Misery Loves Shotguns for tempting me so... lol

Subgun comparison video

I shot a Sig MPX at one of the group shoots and loved it but then I saw how much they cost and how much magazines were. I can handle a $1600 gun now because I make more than I did in my 20s but $60-100 magazines? Go fuck yourself, Sig. Stribog 30 round magazines are around $24. By next year, Grand Power may be able to import the roller delayed blowback version or, what I'm really hoping for, a carbine version!

(Lackawanna County)

I never paid that much for my mpx mags. They go on sale all the time.

(Philadelphia County)

It has a pretty cool look to it, gotta admit that.

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    I shot a Sig MPX at one of the group shoots and loved it but then I saw how much they cost and how much magazines were. I can handle a $1600 gun now because I make more than I did in my 20s but $60-100 magazines? Go fuck yourself, Sig. Stribog 30 round magazines are around $24. By next year, Grand Power may be able to import the roller delayed blowback version or, what I'm really hoping for, a carbine version!
    I think it's more about what I'm willing to spend on what is essentially a range toy for me. It won't be a HD gun, and unless I SBR it, I can't use it in most PCC competitions. I just think the GHM9 and GHM45 are cool as hell. Not $1600 cool, though. The Stribog is less than half that. I'm more of a $700 fun gun kinda guy.

From what I'm reading, it looks like the Stribog SP9 A3 is pending ATF approval. Word is it's going to be about $200 more than the SP9 A1 that we get here now. For less than a grand, with delayed blowback, I'd definitely be interested and be willing to wait for it. The RSR9 A3 carbine is also being submitted for ATF review, but they needed to gussy it up so that it fits the "sporting" requirements for importation. That includes a thumbhole stock. For the right price that might be a fun PCC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12