Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Phila. Police seize 50 guns from old man- no Red Flags laws needed

I thought that toy machine guns were illegal.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    OMG Why did they even mention the grenades, which are nothing more than paperweights? It's a good thing they didn't find any toy machine guns or bazookas. The whole neighborhood would be shut down for weeks.
    I remember barrels of fake grenades at the army surplus store when I was a kid. I would beg my dad to take me there and buy me stuff. The woods behind my childhood home, to this day, are probably littered with them from playing army with my buddys. Demilled grenades, 20mm cannon shells, 50 call shells, gas masks, m1 clips, fox holes with grenade sumps (as outlined in the GI Joe manuals) etc....

Hundreds of years from now, historians would think major battles were fought there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Thank god for what? All the firearms were completely legal and the rest seems to be inert items which obviously aren’t illegal.

Meanwhile someone two blocks over probably has a human trafficked 10 year old chained to a pipe in the basement.

What a ducking moron!
    Just an FYI, there no such thing as an unlawful firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Handyandy View Post
    I saw this on the evening news and had a major wtf moment. No laws were broken. No charges filed. Why the fuck did they take all his guns? This is cut and dry illegal search and seizure. I hope the dude buys a few cans and a full auto or two with his settlement from the Phila PD.
    We need some people to contact this guy and help him.

Some lawyers need to step up.

Need to help him if for no other reason than to try and stop it before its your turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Did you miss the part about the suicide note?
    I did, what suicide note?

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
    Just an FYI, there no such thing as an unlawful firearm.
    Legal in the terms of the man was not a prohibited person from owing a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by emptymag
    This is so scary.
    How can you joke about this?
    The police should be checking EVERY home!
    GRENADES! HE HAD GRENADES, PEOPLE!
    I detect sarcasm here, but I can order inert grenades (replicas?) off the internet for not a lot of money As a firearms person this story does not concern me (under the context of OMFG GUNS! LOTS OF THEM!). I hope he gets his weapons back.

(Washington County)

This is the new normal. Now anyone is not only safe, but also in many cases motivated to SWAT you, and/or intimidated into SWATTING you, and you just have to bend over and take it while the media lie and blow the story way out of proportion to support the gun confiscation ethos. And as was so aptly pointed out above, the police will often be complicit in your public shaming and condemnation, while callously manhandling and damaging what is essentially a very modest collection that was nonetheless your life's labor and joy, and the liberal courts will reflexively rubber stamp the elimination of your rights forever. Meanwhile gang members with multiple gun felonies in and around that same city are let out of jail early or have their gun charges dropped.

Despite the current hype around wanting to seek out mentally ill Americans to deny them guns, it's important to note that depression and/or anxiety ARE NOT automatic grounds for losing your gun rights forever. This Red Flag fever swamp is dangerous ground that our legislators are treading.

Everyone who values our Rights as Americans should be horrified by this story.
    Last edited by TSimonetti; September 7th, 2019 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Wait, who doesn't have a jar of mercury? Geez, can't have any fun anymore.
    I remember my brother having a jar of mercury down our basement in the 70’s that I use to play with. (That might explain a lot, that and the lead paint on the radiators in the house ). I was shocked when the school I work in called in a Hazmat team back around 2000 or so to clean up a small amount of spilt mercury in the science lab. Who knew?

(Elk County)

It's not the liquid mercury itself so much as the mercury vapor coming from it.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast