Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Road Rage defense

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    My driving style is relaxed/non-aggressive and respectful of others. On the rare occasion when I screw up on the road, I always apologize with hand waves and such to diffuse anger. Most drivers appreciate and accept the mea culpa acknowledgement.

Wonder why no one ever rages on me?
    Your probably a scary looking ex jar head with a high and tight.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    There seems to be a level of maturity missing from the op...I have had many approach my car for nothing else than to intimidate...never had to pull my weapon. Flicked the jerks off and went on my way. Yet, here I am today...
    Yeah, people who bail out of cars are asking for trouble. I'm not one to hand it out if I can move on.

Having a duel in the street? That's plain crazy.

(Westmoreland County)

My driving style is relaxed/non-aggressive and respectful of others. On the rare occasion when I screw up on the road, I always apologize with hand waves and such to diffuse anger. Most drivers appreciate and accept the mea culpa acknowledgement.

I don't wonder at all.

Tailgaters can be a problem... and I just leave them to stew behind me. Even been known to pull off to let them move on. "If you're willing to risk your neck to drive fast, who am I to get in your way?"

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    I don't wonder at all.

Tailgaters can be a problem... and I just leave them to stew behind me. Even been known to pull off to let them move on. "If you're willing to risk your neck to drive fast, who am I to get in your way?"
    The “question” was rhetorical.

No one rages on me, because I’m respectful and don’t drive aggressively, which antagonizes others.

(Tioga County)

If you sense that someone has "road rage", take an alternate route, reverse out, step on the gas, do whatever to escape the situation. Try to avoid getting yourself funneled into an attack and try to avoid positioning yourself where they have more opportunities to do so.

I'm not a fan of this school of thought of drawing down on someone and waving your gun around. So many ways it can go bad. You can be seen as the aggressor or attacker, you can get your gun ripped off of you in close combat(I see it all the time in training scenarios where people can't move or seize up), you shoot someone who was just going to have words.

I see a lot of stupid driving going on out there when have to pass through cities like DC and Baltimore. You've got just to check your ego and stay away from stupid people. What I find with newbies that are suddenly "woke" to personal defense is too much a focus on gun play. That's all great to be skilled up like Chow Yun Fat in Hardboiled but I think you will gain a lot from learning surveillance detection and pre attack indicators and building up your situational awareness ability.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    That's all great to be skilled up like Chow Yun Fat in Hardboiled but I think you will gain a lot from learning surveillance detection and pre attack indicators and building up your situational awareness ability.
    I agree that it's best to stop these things in their infancy.

I'm not one to give some irresponsible person a payday after they've cried in front of a Jury.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    If they take 3 steps towards me, I'm out of my car and drawing on them and calling police.
    That's dumb. You should floor it and get the hell out of there - and run them over if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    That's dumb. You should floor it and get the hell out of there - and run them over if necessary.
    This isn't completely crazy. Running over someone who you reasonably expected to attack you, IF they are trying to block your car with their body, is easier to sell to a jury than shooting them. Guns are the subject of much propaganda, but most jurors drive cars, so they can potentially empathize with you running over an attacker.

NOT running them over and NOT shooting them, is still a better option if you have it.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345