Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South East of disorder
    Posts
    2,772
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Road Rage defense

    Depending on the situation I might separate myself from my car, and family. We cant be right %100 of the time. Traffic grid lock happens, escape routes are not always available. You may not even have to do something, to be the target of an aggressor. OP every situation dictates a different response.


    We have a soft top Jeep. The top it is often down, if I couldn't get away, then I would separate myself from the Jeep. My family is far more important than myself. If the person has a gun the Jeep is thin metal and IMO offers zero bullet resistance. I want the bad guy away from my family let him go after me. The same goes for my motorcycle, however not getting away on a bike is nearly an impossibility. While I despise lane splitting and running down the shoulder, were I being chased after by a person with a weapon, well then I would be a lane splitting maniac.



    To answer your question as best I can here is my response.

    #1 Don't be a hero!

    #2 Try and get your family and yourself away safely, call for help.

    #3 Don't pull out your gun because someone gets out of his car. let them, rant and rave. very few people can put a bare fist through a car window. (I know except Clint Eastwood) If your car gets scratched dented and so on, that's what the Cops and Insurance company's are for.

    #4 If you cant get away and the interior of your car is breached with a weapon, then defend yourself as needed.

    #5 See number one.
    Last edited by Daycrawler; September 4th, 2019 at 09:13 AM.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Age
    60
    Posts
    2,271
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Road Rage defense

    My driving style is relaxed/non-aggressive and respectful of others. On the rare occasion when I screw up on the road, I always apologize with hand waves and such to diffuse anger. Most drivers appreciate and accept the mea culpa acknowledgement.

    Wonder why no one ever rages on me?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Middle of PA, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,869
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Road Rage defense

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    My driving style is relaxed/non-aggressive and respectful of others. On the rare occasion when I screw up on the road, I always apologize with hand waves and such to diffuse anger. Most drivers appreciate and accept the mea culpa acknowledgement.

    Wonder why no one ever rages on me?
    Yeah, I drive carefully too, and I get tailgated, run off the road, honked at and given the finger for horrible things like going the speed limit and stopping behind stop signs.
    Psalms 73:26

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Age
    60
    Posts
    2,271
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Road Rage defense

    Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Yeah, I drive carefully too, and I get tailgated, run off the road, honked at and given the finger for horrible things like going the speed limit and stopping behind stop signs.
    I generally drive 5mph over. However, I drive at the speed of the traffic flow during rush hour. For example, rush hour traffic on a major highway on my route averages 65mph, which is the speed that I drive. Driving 55 (speed limit) in that situation is a dick move and is actually unsafe. That driver is basically saying “f/u” to thousands of drivers.

    If you’re “that” driver then I understand the tailgating.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southwest, Pennsylvania
    (Washington County)
    Posts
    1,841
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Road Rage defense

    No one ever tailgates me, because I move over and get the fuck out of the way if someone wants to pass. It isn't my responsibility as a driver to keep everyone else in compliance with the speed limits. I like to drive at the speed I feel comfortable with, and I allow others to do the same.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Middle of PA, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,869
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Road Rage defense

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    I generally drive 5mph over. However, I drive at the speed of the traffic flow during rush hour. For example, rush hour traffic on a major highway on my route averages 65mph, which is the speed that I drive. Driving 55 (speed limit) in that situation is a dick move and is actually unsafe. That driver is basically saying “f/u” to thousands of drivers.

    If you’re “that” driver then I understand the tailgating.
    Highway is impossible to drive the speed limit. I keep up fine there.

    Most of my driving is city/town...and I do the speed limit there.
    Psalms 73:26

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    371
    Rep Power
    6224082

    Default Re: Road Rage defense

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    I generally drive 5mph over. However, I drive at the speed of the traffic flow during rush hour. For example, rush hour traffic on a major highway on my route averages 65mph, which is the speed that I drive. Driving 55 (speed limit) in that situation is a dick move and is actually unsafe. That driver is basically saying “f/u” to thousands of drivers.

    If you’re “that” driver then I understand the tailgating.
    It seems like 75 to 80 on the NE Extension and Turnpike.. then the front platers get in the way in the left lane... LOL

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    2091387

    Default Re: Road Rage defense

    I ride a 150hp motorcycle. Feel free to get out of your car to try to intimidate me, I'll be gone before you get back in your driver's seat.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Age
    60
    Posts
    2,271
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Road Rage defense

    Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    It seems like 75 to 80 on the NE Extension and Turnpike.. then the front platers get in the way in the left lane... LOL
    Rush hour traffic doesn’t go that fast... anywhere in SEPA.

    Jersey drivers are definitely the worst though.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    371
    Rep Power
    6224082

    Default Re: Road Rage defense

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Rush hour traffic doesn’t go that fast... anywhere in SEPA.

    Jersey drivers are definitely the worst though.
    Bumper to bumper not that fast...but steady pre rush hour traffic like 330pm.. People are flying to get to the fire...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 38
    Last Post: August 20th, 2018, 01:48 AM
  2. Road Rage
    By 625 in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 28th, 2008, 12:33 PM
  3. Road Rage
    By Rule10b5 in forum General
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: May 8th, 2007, 02:32 PM
  4. Road Rage is bad, very bad...
    By Agent Ronin in forum General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: February 28th, 2007, 07:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops