Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Once a rifle???

(Bucks County)

Default Once a rifle???

Hey Guys,

Another dumb question from the peanut gallery..... I just traded a couple of rifles for one of Tanner's $399 Kel-Tec
    CMR-30s! It is a neat little carbine...... But man... Would this be a honey with a telescopic pistol brace and a barrel cut and threaded just forward of the rail...(I can't believe Kel-Tec isn't selling them that way as pistols!). I have heared this thing called a poor man's P-90..... And I am tempted to SBR it on a Form 1.... But at a year plus for approval.... I'm not sure it is worth the hassle....

I don't suppose there is a way to (legally) register this as a pistol and adapt one of the existing telescopic braces to
    Have the short treated barrel..... ( I have a .22 can that Elite Iron rebuilt a few years back with stainless baffles....
    That I might risk .22 magnums through)

I have a feeling there is no way of doing it without going the SBR route.... But figured I'd ask!
    Thanks!
    F.
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Once a rifle???

url=https://postimg.cc/BL3xm3vQ][/url]

This is what I got!
    Last edited by 1096369fred; August 26th, 2019 at 05:10 PM.
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Bucks County)

This is along the lines of what I want to do.... But with a brace..... And lord knows... No vertical front grip.... That would be wrong!

It really strikes me as a poor man's H&K MP-7.... Which is unobtainium! Because Vee are HK und vee hate you!
    Last edited by 1096369fred; September 3rd, 2019 at 10:16 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

Form 1 rifle isn’t a year. I love when people say it’s the wait. If you want it bad enough you’ll do it

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1096369fred View Post
    This is along the lines of what I want to do.... But with a brace..... And lord knows... No vertical front grip.... That would be wrong!

It really strikes me as a poor man's H&K MP-7.... Which is unobtainium! Because Vee are HK und vee hate you!
    Go short barrel with a pinned/welded suppressor long enough to just have 16" of total 'barrel'.

(Philadelphia County)

Hey Guys,

Another dumb question from the peanut gallery..... I just traded a couple of rifles for one of Tanner's $399 Kel-Tec
    CMR-30s! It is a neat little carbine...... But man... Would this be a honey with a telescopic pistol brace and a barrel cut and threaded just forward of the rail...(I can't believe Kel-Tec isn't selling them that way as pistols!). I have heared this thing called a poor man's P-90..... And I am tempted to SBR it on a Form 1.... But at a year plus for approval.... I'm not sure it is worth the hassle....

I don't suppose there is a way to (legally) register this as a pistol and adapt one of the existing telescopic braces to
    Have the short treated barrel..... ( I have a .22 can that Elite Iron rebuilt a few years back with stainless baffles....
    That I might risk .22 magnums through)

I have a feeling there is no way of doing it without going the SBR route.... But figured I'd ask!
    Thanks!
    F.
    If you e-file, Form 1s are being approved in an average of 21 days. The ATF emails you the tax stamp.

(Bucks County)

21 days.... No kidding..... That changes the arithmetic quite a bit..... I Form 4'd a suppressor in early December (2018) still
    Waiting on approval.... So I assumed the wait was the same for form 1's.....

This may just be worth making it happen!

Thanks!
    Fred

21 days.... No kidding..... That changes the arithmetic quite a bit..... I Form 4'd a suppressor in early December (2018) still
    Waiting on approval.... So I assumed the wait was the same for form 1's.....

This may just be worth making it happen!

Thanks!
    Fred
    Efile is the key, paper forms take longer. But no it can never be a pistol legally. Now if you were to buy one that had been demilled you could build the parts into whatever you want.

(Bucks County)

My E-File Form 1 I think was 22 or 23 business days and even then there was a holiday (4th of July) in there to delay it. Total days I think was like low 30's but you really can't count the weekend.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by EB85 View Post
    My E-File Form 1 I think was 22 or 23 business days and even then there was a holiday (4th of July) in there to delay it. Total days I think was like low 30's but you really can't count the weekend.
    I did my E-Form 1 exactly 21 calendar days ago. Not approved yet, but if you don't count weekends or holidays, I'm only at 14 business days.

I don't know if the Examiners normally only work an M-F schedule or not, but someone I know recently submitted an E-Form 1 for an SBR and was approved on a Sunday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast