Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)
    Posts
    459
    Rep Power
    1289635

    Default Re: Centre Hall - OSC Gun Show, September 21 & 22, 2019

    Got there about 10:45am on a gorgeous sunny Saturday. Pretty big crowd there, the parking lot was as full as I have ever seen. I think scheduling this show on a weekend where PSU football team does not have a home game (it has a bye-week) is a really good idea. Traffics around State College could be really intimidating on a home football game weekend... Business seemed brisk at the show. I definitely had a great time there.


    Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I wanted to go, as the one in May was awesome, but I had to go be an adult and buy a dryer.
    Today was awesome for me. Took home 3 weapons that Beto would disapprove of. Plus a can of Lake City .30-06 M2 balls to feed my Garands, and a few magazines and some accessories. Ran out of money before I could really start shopping for accessories and for more ammo, though.

    Special thanks to Noah_Zark for giving me a deal too good to pass up on a RDB carbine. It cut short of my accessories and ammo shopping -- this was not the first time Noah did this to me, by the way. But the price was just too sweet. So now my RFB has a little brother to keep it company. (errr, that is, if I didn't lose my RFB in a boating accident years ago, it would have a little brother to keep it company, yep that's the story!) Noah always has some random, and frequently unusual, firearms for sale, and he is always willing to deal.

    There is always next spring's show to buy more ammo and accessories... Back to rebuilding up my gun fund!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    814, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    677
    Rep Power
    4672169

    Default Re: Centre Hall - OSC Gun Show, September 21 & 22, 2019

    What that Lake City cost ya if don't mind?
    Full parking lot?
    I could've hit my truck with a stone from the food stand.
    Parking has always been great here I think , I don't need to get up to the door.
    I had to leave sooner than planned , it was just getting too hot inside.
    But I did better than some poor soul on 322 west who's car caught fire.
    I should go back tomorrow .....I might ....... we'll see
    I did see a marlin 39 I wanted to ask about ........... I dunno....

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)
    Posts
    459
    Rep Power
    1289635

    Default Re: Centre Hall - OSC Gun Show, September 21 & 22, 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    What that Lake City cost ya if don't mind?
    Full parking lot?
    I could've hit my truck with a stone from the food stand.
    Parking has always been great here I think , I don't need to get up to the door.
    I had to leave sooner than planned , it was just getting too hot inside.
    But I did better than some poor soul on 322 west who's car caught fire.
    I should go back tomorrow .....I might ....... we'll see
    I did see a marlin 39 I wanted to ask about ........... I dunno....

    The M2 balls I got 340 rounds in a .50 cal can for $200 out of door (he had 20 boxes of those in the can initially, I guess, but sold 3 boxes before I got there, I asked to buy the whole lot of the remaining 17 boxes, and was given the can for free on top). This was at the River Valley Surplus tables near the back of the first building. If you do go back tomorrow, ask for Ralph or Noah, introduce yourself, and ask for your Poofa discounts -- just kidding, there is no such thing as a Poofa discount, but they are VERY willing to make deals and are very friendly and easy to work with.

    Well, "full" is a relative term here... It is the Grange Fairground, so there are lots of places to park. What I meant was that all the grass areas in the immediate vicinity of the 2 buildings, well past the food stand, were pretty much filled when I got there.

    Sometime in the early afternoon they opened the garage-style door at the back of each building for better ventilation... But my budget was already spent by then and I was ready to leave, so I didn't quite felt the heat.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    814, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    677
    Rep Power
    4672169

    Default Re: Centre Hall - OSC Gun Show, September 21 & 22, 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    The M2 balls I got 340 rounds in a .50 cal can for $200 out of door (he had 20 boxes of those in the can initially, I guess, but sold 3 boxes before I got there, I asked to buy the whole lot of the remaining 17 boxes, and was given the can for free on top). This was at the River Valley Surplus tables near the back of the first building. If you do go back tomorrow, ask for Ralph or Noah, introduce yourself, and ask for your Poofa discounts -- just kidding, there is no such thing as a Poofa discount, but they are VERY willing to make deals and are very friendly and easy to work with.

    Well, "full" is a relative term here... It is the Grange Fairground, so there are lots of places to park. What I meant was that all the grass areas in the immediate vicinity of the 2 buildings, well past the food stand, were pretty much filled when I got there.

    Sometime in the early afternoon they opened the garage-style door at the back of each building for better ventilation... But my budget was already spent by then and I was ready to leave, so I didn't quite felt the heat.
    Given your local .... I sometimes in the past have seen the HXP stuff in 192rds in a sealed can with enblcos at Morris for $150.00

    When you say the first building ... I assume you mean the building on the left?
    I know R&J Welch was set up near the back in a large square shaped arrangement..... he's always been decent.
    In the back of the building on the right was the guy with muzzle loaders and powder.
    I bought a stripped lower once from River Valley but at their store in Ridgeway .....
    I highly doubt I would recognize him again ..... he was supposed to sell me some more when they came in ...
    but he never contacted me.....
    I think I was giving him bad vibes that day ....
    He didn't say anything but I got the impression he may have thought me ATF or some illegal buyer or something cause I was from a bit far away.
    I suppose I can have that effect on people?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)
    Posts
    459
    Rep Power
    1289635

    Default Re: Centre Hall - OSC Gun Show, September 21 & 22, 2019

    I meant the building closer to the food stand. So it would be the one on the right when you are facing their entrances. The very back of that building is usually taken up by the Minutemen Ammo with its large spread of ammo and reloading supplies. River Valley Surplus' set up its shop in the square of tables just in front of Minutemen.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    814, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    677
    Rep Power
    4672169

    Default Re: Centre Hall - OSC Gun Show, September 21 & 22, 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    I meant the building closer to the food stand. So it would be the one on the right when you are facing their entrances. The very back of that building is usually taken up by the Minutemen Ammo with its large spread of ammo and reloading supplies. River Valley Surplus' set up its shop in the square of tables just in front of Minutemen.
    Ah , I got it.
    Yes I did see them ... had pistols under glass at the one corner I believe .... couldn't get to it as a gentleman customer was standing over the case with a 1000 yard stare and drooling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: April 17th, 2019, 07:00 PM
  2. Centre Hall Gun Show April 21st & 22nd - Centre County
    By mpyingling22 in forum Gun Shows
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: April 22nd, 2018, 08:53 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: September 15th, 2017, 08:09 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 18th, 2016, 07:49 AM
  5. 4
    By Boondox in forum Gun Shows
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 28th, 2016, 05:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops