Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Arrow Inside America's Gun Tracing System

I thought this 10 minute video to be extremely well-done, neutral, and informative - had no idea the technology being used was so antediluvian.

If you're interested in learning where a Form 4473 goes once your purchase is approved, it's on its way to to the "Firearms Tracing Division" in Martinsburg, West Virginia...

https://www.theatlantic.com/video/in...cing-division/
    - bamboomaster

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Inside America's Gun Tracing System

WOW! What a fantastic post! Thank you!!

I have passed this on to many people. It is very encouraging to know they have conformed to the law prohibiting a registry.

I'd like to have seen mention of percent of crimes solved (shooter identified) by it all. My take...gun recovered. Traced. Owner victim of theft. Thief not known. Now what?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    I thought this 10 minute video to be extremely well-done, neutral, and informative - had no idea the technology being used was so antediluvian.

If you're interested in learning where a Form 4473 goes once your purchase is approved, it's on its way to to the "Firearms Tracing Division" in Martinsburg, West Virginia...

https://www.theatlantic.com/video/in...cing-division/
    I didn't watch the video yet, but I thought maybe I would point out that a 4473 does NOT go to ATF after purchase.
    - It stays with the FFL until 1 of 2 things happens
    --1. The FFL goes out of business. The FFL sends all of their records to the ATF.
    --2. The 4473 matures at the age of 20 years and the FFL can destroy or send to the ATF
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Montgomery County)

Good information, but still had an undertone of guns are only bad. Of course they only showed news clips of criminal shootings, not defensive shootings.

Also that has to be one of the worst jobs in America.

(Berks County)

Wait until AI gets to look at the document pictures ant it becomes a searchable database in an instant. They don’t destroy those pictures ever. Now let’s talk about Pa state police data base, the registry that’s not a registry.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Chester County)

It's easier to keep track of gun buyers using NICS. Even though according to law NICS must get rid of the background check for gun buyers there is no law that the Federal Government has to obey because there is no one that is able to hold them responsible for obeying the law. Who's going to do that? The FBI? The Justice Department? As sure as I am sitting here typing this the database of gun buyers is being kept by some company associated with the Federal Government and here in PA there's an extra added on component to the database called PICS and they make no bones about keeping a list of guns and gun buyers.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC