Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: Website for states that honor PA LTCF

[QUOTE=Tmygun;4050759]
    Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    Recently tried to renew my nonresident LTCF....sheriff shut me down....I’m a NY resident...licensed to carry except in NYC... I asked if it was because NY didn’t reciprocate with Pa...honestly I would of accepted that answer...he said no...it’s because NY lists your handguns on their permits and we don’t....come on, fess up...I’m ok..not happy but ok with lack of reciprocity....this was near Reading...not sure of county. Pike county is closer to where I live and they also said no. Any county willing to take my $20 so I can cover up the gun...? Anyone know..help appreciated in advance[/QUOTE

18 Pa.C.S. ยง 6109: Licenses
    (e)(1) A license to carry a firearm shall be for the purpose of carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle and shall be issued if, after an investigation not to exceed 45 days, it appears that the applicant is an individual concerning whom no good cause exists to deny the license. A license shall not be issued to any of the following:
    (ix) A resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by that state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury under 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(19) (relating to definitions).

Since you do have a NY license to carry, you should be able to obtain a PA LTCF. I don't buy the Sheriff's excuse of "listing your handguns on the NY license". What difference does that make for PA?
    Came down to me not wanting to get into a pissing match with the sheriff...I understand that at the moment he was interpreting rather than enforcing the law...just wanted him to admit to it...lot of respect for LE...NY is ridiculous for not reciprocating...this is a stand he’s making and honestly I may have done the same in his position...Seems like the politics of the day has forced people to take a stand and he’s drawn his line...think he’s on a slippery slope...if another sheriff issues me a permit and I’m stopped for whatever reason in his county....permit is valid....but he doesn’t believe it is....
    In NY judges issue “conditional carry” licenses....locals call them Sportsman Licenses....fishing, hiking, hunting..to and from bona fide fire gun range...basically a joke for political appeasements....NY Penal code 400 recognizes only 2 types of gun permits...carry concealed and premise only....So you’d really be violating the issuing judges order if you carry outside of the restrictions he placed on you...it’s stupid...
    No arsenal ... is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.

(Centre County)

Seems that a few years ago, Centre County was the place to go for non-resident LTCF. I would give their office a call and discuss the problems you have had and see if they can help.
    https://centrecountypa.gov/index.aspx?NID=405
    https://centrecountypa.gov/Directory.aspx?did=51

Thank you...
    No arsenal ... is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by timdennis View Post
    There was once a site that had all you described, packing.org. Don't know what became of it.
    I think packing.org became usacarry.com.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12