Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default YHM, MWI, and other fore end questions....

I recently bought a storage tub of new AR-15 fore ends from a dealer to help him out. He needed to move out some inventory as he didn't have room for it, and I don't really get into parts but i bought them and now I'm the owner of a huge tub of fore ends. They are new in the packaging and were made by Yankee Hill Machine, Midwest industries, UTG, Magpul, and others. There are also a bunch of YHM gas blocks. I have no idea how to tell if these are good quality or if they are complete. I dont want any of them, so what do you think my best option is? are these good enough to take to a gun show and put them on the table for sale? is there a market for these things? did i just get hosed? I think there are about 30 fore ends and 10 gas blocks if that helps

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: YHM, MWI, and other fore end questions....

Without knowing what you paid, I cannot say if you got a bargain or a bummer, but these should be good for selling. My thought is the YHM is decent stuff. There are a lot if poofers who build so maybe you can clear some out on here.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Allegheny County)

YHM and Midwest Industries is both good stuff. The Magpul forends are good to go, but won't sell for much since their retail price is so cheap. Depending on what you paid you might make out with a couple bucks in your pocket.

(York County)

So i was doing some research on these and checking gun broker and such for prices and apparently, i kind of fell into a great deal. i think i will try and blow them out because i dont want to be in the parts business, and there is a ton of this stuff so i would like to move it fast and be done with it. I had no clue just how much some of these retailed for and im into it right. maybe i can offer them here? would it be something i need to take pics of each item? im unfamiliar with them but would a buyer know exactly what it is they are getting from a picture? i dont want to upset anyone (in this business that's near impossible) so how do i know if they are complete?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    So i was doing some research on these and checking gun broker and such for prices and apparently, i kind of fell into a great deal. i think i will try and blow them out because i dont want to be in the parts business, and there is a ton of this stuff so i would like to move it fast and be done with it. I had no clue just how much some of these retailed for and im into it right. maybe i can offer them here? would it be something i need to take pics of each item? im unfamiliar with them but would a buyer know exactly what it is they are getting from a picture? i dont want to upset anyone (in this business that's near impossible) so how do i know if they are complete?
    List them in this thread bud, us poofa folks will gobble them up..
    List some bargain basement flat rates prices where you makes a good profit and its still cheap. Heres the pic, what you see is what you get.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...7821&page=1603

(Montgomery County)

MI makes some solid stuff.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    If they are new in packaging, just listing a maker and part number would work. Some folks lay out a number of small parts on a blanket and post that picture to cover a lot of ground with only a few pictures. Need to make it clear, what you see is what you get. If price is good, it will be OK for most of us and the rest are just not worth worrying about. The classifieds are calling...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(York County)

just did some more research and yes, they are all new in packaging except for one new one that is out of the box. almost all of them are still sealed so i would imagine they are complete. im a bit overwhelmed at the retail price of these things! will be making a classified ad for them soon with sale prices and trades. i need inventory because its going out faster than its coming in, so maybe you can trade me some dusty stuff for my dusty stuff!

(Centre County)

I’d be interested in a MI handguard in the 10-12” range. PM me if you have anything like that...
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Allegheny County)

Just ran across this while looking for something else.

I took a look at your classified.
    I did a search for most of that list and while the products are good quality, they are somewhat old designs.
    Almost all are quad rail hand guards, which fell out of favor long ago.
    You may do OK selling at the pries listed - or it may take a while - hard to say.

At least it's quality stuff though and not a box of junk.
    Good luck!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast