Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: YHM, MWI, and other fore end questions....

I’m still not seeing how throwing whatever you paid for the lot away is good business. I get you pay for table space and lose time and money dealing with tire kickers. But you definitely lose money throwing product away. If someone offered the amount I mentioned right now through your ad here, would you take it or still lean on throwing product away?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    I’m still not seeing how throwing whatever you paid for the lot away is good business. I get you pay for table space and lose time and money dealing with tire kickers. But you definitely lose money throwing product away. If someone offered the amount I mentioned right now through your ad here, would you take it or still lean on throwing product away?
    i already made my money back on them. so they are literally taking up space without giving an ROI. they aren't a valuable commodity to take to a show because you need to maximize the real estate with items that will sell or at least have a chance of selling. if you pay $1000 out of pocket to do a weekend show....would you take an item that is in high demand that you could move and make 10% on, or would you take fore ends that no one wants to look at and will not sell at all? the common sense choice is to take the items you think will appeal to the masses, and leave behind clutter that will clog your table and cause people to just walk past your tables because they see several items that they have no interest in. i dont have a shop, i tried selling these here, i tried selling them on other sites, i took them to several shows, all with no interest, so i gave it a good run.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    The last 2 posts you (the OP) seem to be getting pissy with me.

I have no beef with you. I posted my views on products and tried to offer assistance initially.
    My comments about you trying to sell things that are not in demand have nothing to do with you as a person - that's just the way it is - you have items that are not in demand. Calling people names and calling trends "fads" do nothing to help you sell stuff that isn't in demand.

Personally, I'm glad you're doing well. I don't know how you do it these days. "Gun shops" certainly have a lot working against them.
    seeing your post below, it would appear that you were the one getting pissy first. but i guess im supposed to over look that until you cry foul. that being said...no i was not being pissy with you. Im trying to tell you what the market will bear...you claim im bitching about it. you also take issue with the word "fad" and cost me for using it as it will somehow do me no good. IM not sure why you take issue with this word because it has been properly applied to the situation and has been evidenced over the last 10-15 years (of which you too have, or should have noticed) in this business with things like "zombie" guns, gas piston, and more. its not exclusive to modern firearms and has taken place even in the C&R world as we all watched garlands get stupid in price and then fall back to the $800 to $850 reality, same with M1 carbines, same with Lugers, and many more. its all a fad and fads are created by buying trends which directly correlate to what the buying public deems as "in" or "hot". So, like i said....not sure why you are trying to nitpick that issue either. also, it should be noted that i never called you a name...you simply assumed too much and inferred that i was speaking about you personally, which i was not. perhaps you are the one needlessly taking offense here. That being said, you are correct about one thing in your posts. gun shops do have many things going against them. some things are coming from the outside like anti-2A forces. others are coming from within our own ranks, such as the folks internet checking prices, lowball offers, guys who have no clue what they want....they just want it cheap, and the list goes on and on. i was merely trying to illustrate to those who are ignorant of how the market is right now that dealers aren't making millions of dollars here so beating them up on prices wont help your case. ever wonder why those internet prices are cheaper? its because those big boys who offer guns at $50 or $100 less than dealer pricing are buying hundreds of them at a time...through stocking dealer programs....which actually gives them a "buy 5 get one free" or "buy 10 get 1 free" deal. the little guy doesnt have the buying power to do this. So, when you guys start quoting what you can get it for on the internet....theres no need. most of us already know. but there are margins to meet, and when dealers can't make enough money at shows....they stop coming. that leaves you (the people who actually pay to get in to a show), complaining about bath fitter, socks, flea market bug displays, cell phone accessories, and more and fewer gun dealers. im all for a free market and i stay competitive by stocking items that no one else does, matching or almost matching internet prices, and being able to operate on a much lower overhead cost because i have no store. but then again....this means that i cannot stock everything, i cant take less than i paid for something, and other things. if i told you how much profit i made from a run of the mill AR lower at $60 out the door, you would laugh. i cant charge more than that because if i do, i have to listen to the guys bitch about "Andersons on sale, i'll just order them on the interwebs". rest assured that im not being pissy with you...but you should also know that there are far more things going on behind the scenes that you dont know about, but maybe you think you do. I wish the market was like it was 10 years ago. Yes we will always have some dealers out there trying to gouge people....i can name several of them off the top of my head and i would never do business with them again. and yes, we will always have the guys looking to get something for nothing. but trust me...in the end those two types of people are the ones that get exposed.

LOL

If 50 more people posted here saying that they prefer quad rails, it would not change the fact that "nobody wants quad rails any more".

If people truly wanted them, the manufacturers would all be making them vs smooth, lightweight, handguards that are 100% more versatile because you can add things wherever you want without having to hold onto a cheese grater. Online vendors would also be selling them at a premium vs how you actually see them now - on sale, dirt cheap, or on ready-built budget guns in order to get rid of them. (just like Keymod stuff)

If they were truly desirable, the OP would not be bitching that he can't sell an item that was desirable 10 years ago, but not today.

Try selling a 10 year old "high end" cell phone today at 80% off. Same deal.

(Allegheny County)

OK. My intent was not to be a dick towards you. Maybe my typed words came across in a way I didn't intend.

Sorry you typed all that, but without paragraphs I can't read it. I tried.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

OK. My intent was not to be a dick towards you. Maybe my typed words came across in a way I didn't intend.

Sorry you typed all that, but without paragraphs I can't read it. I tried.
    ah yes, another backhanded comment. an apology with a jab tucked in there. and then you accuse me of being pissy. im just sorry you cant read text without paragraph spacing. attacking someones grammar is usually what someone does when they are losing an argument. is this how moderators are supposed to respond?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    ah yes, another backhanded comment. an apology with a jab tucked in there. and then you accuse me of being pissy. im just sorry you cant read text without paragraph spacing. attacking someones grammar is usually what someone does when they are losing an argument. is this how moderators are supposed to respond?
    a. I'm not a moderator - I resigned years ago.
    b. I'm not attacking your grammar - I'm simply letting you know that I can't read the wall of text.
    It's not just me - people in general can not easily read copy like that - it's difficult. I tried and I just can't get far.

I didn't lose any argument. I wasn't arguing.

Have a good one.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Fwiw I offered OP $20 shipped for the magpul handguard set and he declined, though he's got it listed at $15. Could have stuck it in a priority box for 6.50 and sold it, or come back with 21.50 to break even (negotiating!!1) which I still would have done, but he just noped me. So now I've got a nice quadrail I had laying around instead and saved the $ I would have had to spend on a delta ring assembly. Twas fate.
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Handyandy View Post
    Fwiw I offered OP $20 shipped for the magpul handguard set and he declined, though he's got it listed at $15. Could have stuck it in a priority box for 6.50 and sold it, or come back with 21.50 to break even (negotiating!!1) which I still would have done, but he just noped me. So now I've got a nice quadrail I had laying around instead and saved the $ I would have had to spend on a delta ring assembly. Twas fate.
    Twas fate. you lowballed me. it was sold for my asking price at a show, so i didn't have to lose any more cash by shipping it to you for less than i offered. hell i priced it low enough, but you still wanted more off. like i said...there will always be people who want something for nothing.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    Sounds like someone is making an offer for whats left of the lot...

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Sounds like someone is making an offer for whats left of the lot...
    More of a tire kicking offer based in cash value for a low grade Mosin. I’d buy the lot at that, but since we aren’t near each other and shipping would be in the hearty side, that isn’t a realistic offer IMO. Better than trash, but he’s made it clear that trash is better than cash.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234