Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: YHM, MWI, and other fore end questions....

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Just ran across this while looking for something else.

I took a look at your classified.
    I did a search for most of that list and while the products are good quality, they are somewhat old designs.
    Almost all are quad rail hand guards, which fell out of favor long ago.
    You may do OK selling at the pries listed - or it may take a while - hard to say.

At least it's quality stuff though and not a box of junk.
    Good luck!
    apparently no one wants this stuff unless its in a $5 bin. to be honest, its not worth my time so i will more than likely just toss it in the trash. this is why i don't ever want to be in the parts game. too many fads, too many cheap skates, too many "will this fit my AR SKS 200 Sub Gun pistol launcher?" guys.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    apparently no one wants this stuff unless its in a $5 bin. to be honest, its not worth my time so i will more than likely just toss it in the trash. this is why i don't ever want to be in the parts game. too many fads, too many cheap skates, too many "will this fit my AR SKS 200 Sub Gun pistol launcher?" guys.
    It's a tough sell - there are hundreds of manufacturers of hand guards these days and they must all offer a dozen styles in at least 6 different lengths because that's where the AR15 building market is these days. People build them the way they want them because they have options.

Used to be a time when you bought a kitchen sink in your choice of white, or white.
    AR15 parts are the same - used to be there were very few choices - everyone's rifles looked the same. Not any more.

images and descriptions may help you sell them, but that takes time.
    Nobody knows what a YHM 1234 hand guard is - they have to google it just to see it - then it may nit even be the length they want. Lots of work for the potential buyer too, so most won't bother.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    Id happily take them off your hands if your going to trash them, but id try listing info and a pic for each model first.

(York County)

tried listing them here...no interest. sold some online, but got tired of the 8 million questions from guys about specifics that were already mentioned in the listing or title. this more modern stuff isn't my forte, and i have noticed that the a really large majority of the buying market doesn't know much about them either. I've seen this more and more lately and unfortunately this is what's killing the market these days. guys want an item, see how much it costs, then google check it on the internet, then see a chinese know off for $10, and now that's all they want to pay for high end stuff, and then beat up a dealer to try and get something 60% off an already discounted price. I keep my prices lower than almost every other seller at a show, then see people loo at my items, walk 10 feet down the aisle and pick up the same exact item from another dealer for $20 more and they buy it. i honestly dont understand this business anymore.

I would rather have quad rails. A lot of people still run them. It's easier to move lights and lasers around and for heat.
    When I build my ARs, I most of the time buy quad rails.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    I would rather have quad rails. A lot of people still run them. It's easier to move lights and lasers around and for heat.
    Nobody buys lasers any more either.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    I went with quad rail on my 7" build

(Beaver County)

Your time and investment is worth money, but to trash them seems wasteful and a tad spiteful. If you have the space to stash them, save them for a rainy day. I gave up selling my overstock bc the increased loss over an ever flooding market just wasn’t worth it. I paid the bills on it and am now just saving it. Maybe it’ll pay off or maybe I’ll have just agonized over constantly reorganizing and finding a new spot that won’t cause me to move it out of the way for something else.

I will say, I do still enjoy a quad rail. That MI G2 quad rail is actually very nice feeling. Great for a shorty! I don’t enjoy the proprietary rail mounting options like Troy had. Ugh. What a pain that was the other day.
    Last edited by ViperHummel; October 6th, 2019 at 05:12 AM.

(York County)

its not spiteful at all....just a common sense business decision. These things take up a lot of real estate on a gun show table. at $90 per table, and a sale price of $5 each, why bother bringing something that takes up 1/3 of a table to make $1 profit (more than likely loosing money given the table rent, per square footage ROI). The better decision would be to take something with a higher ROI and that would actually sell to a show. These things just tend to bring in the wrong crowd and at the end of the day....it really isn't worth the hassle with such a low return. There are many items that i have found that simply do not sell for me at shows. AR parts are the worst of the worst when it comes to items that do not sell. Everyone sees the chinese knock off junk at shows and then expects that what your items are or at least should be priced the same way. YHM is a high end item....but i couldn't sell a single one of them at the Oaks show....only one person even looked at them! at a major show like that, i thought an item that was discounted up to %80 off, would sell.....i was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Nobody buys lasers any more either.

Lot's of guys building military clones from Desert Storm on up and many are mounting pec15's and other past devices to them which are still in use to this day. The only way to get anything 100% secure and rock solid is still the quad rail. While that pretty much doesn't apply to any civilian it still does to the military.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast