Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Grove City, Pennsylvania
    (Mercer County)
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    2489998

    Default Re: Question about background checks

    Background checks are a joke. All they do is verify you have never been caught/ convicted. It does not prove you are not psycho, that you have not or would not harm anyone else or yourself, that you would not give the gun to someone who is prohibited,.....I could go on and on but you get the point

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,764
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Question about background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by rellisonii View Post
    Background checks are a joke. All they do is verify you have never been caught/ convicted. It does not prove you are not psycho, that you have not or would not harm anyone else or yourself, that you would not give the gun to someone who is prohibited,.....I could go on and on but you get the point
    Actually, it finds records (if any) that you *have* been proven psycho adjudicated mentally ill. I generally agree with the remainder of your statement.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Grove City, Pennsylvania
    (Mercer County)
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    2489998

    Default Re: Question about background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Actually, it finds records (if any) that you *have* been proven psycho adjudicated mentally ill. I generally agree with the remainder of your statement.
    not all mentally ill people have been adjudicated mentally ill or ever been treated for mental illness.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Apolacon Township, Pennsylvania
    (Susquehanna County)
    Age
    73
    Posts
    5,043
    Rep Power
    11416847

    Default Re: Question about background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by rellisonii View Post
    not all mentally ill people have been adjudicated mentally ill or ever been treated for mental illness.
    True enough, but doesn't necessarily mean involuntarily committed to a mental institution by court order. Don't forget what they did to disabled vets who appointed a fiduciary agent.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Levittown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    7,451
    Rep Power
    21474853

    Default Re: Question about background checks

    Or, in Kalyvornja, that you are not a justice-involved person.
    Legislating to prevent people's acts is fantasy

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,764
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Question about background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by rellisonii View Post
    not all mentally ill people have been adjudicated mentally ill or ever been treated for mental illness.
    No, but those that have will show up in NICS.

    Assuming the relevant agencies submit the paperwork as required by law.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Gunshow background checks in other states question
    By internet troll in forum General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: July 31st, 2019, 02:07 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 4th, 2016, 08:47 PM
  3. Background checks
    By Mdervish in forum National
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: December 1st, 2015, 03:23 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: July 8th, 2015, 09:32 PM
  5. The question of "Do you support background checks?"
    By alethialogos57 in forum National
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: May 6th, 2013, 07:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops