Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,758
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: High Explosive Familiarization Class in SW PA

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    They are no permit needed state! So yes.
    Say whaaaatttt????? Why aren't hundreds of thousands of them killing each other down there then?
    Where's Hunter?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mohnton, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    6,049
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: High Explosive Familiarization Class in SW PA

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Say whaaaatttt????? Why aren't hundreds of thousands of them killing each other down there then?
    Everyone is related.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    West Alexander, Pennsylvania
    (Washington County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,180
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: High Explosive Familiarization Class in SW PA

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I don't think the price would cover a junk car and clean up. He did say something about a tree...
    Correct - no vehicles due to cost and flying metal danger zone. Students will be taking down 18"+ diameter trees with C4, removing multiple stumps with Helix, cutting ~3" metal pipe with 100gr DetCord, cutting electrical cables with 25gr DetCord, cutting 6"x6" wooden posts with SemTex, and etc. Students will be trained on Time Fuses, but 99% of shots will be initiated with instant electrical blasting caps.

    Every student will do multiple firings, aka "shots", including getting out supplies from the magazine, prepping the explosives, prepping the target, arming the "blasting machine", connecting the "Det" aka Detonator (we use electrical blasting caps as detonators), and initiating the shot with the blasting machine.

    It's going to be a busy day for students.
    Last edited by WCMG; August 22nd, 2019 at 04:02 PM.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affliated Club -- 07/02 FFL/SOT and Type 20 FEL (Manufacturer of High Explosives)
    Specializing in Bachelor parties with 50+ machine guns including M2HB, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, and M60.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USN Retired, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Posts
    3,491
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: High Explosive Familiarization Class in SW PA

    Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    Correct - no vehicles due to cost and flying metal danger zone. Students will be taking down 18"+ diameter trees with C4, removing multiple stumps with Helix, cutting ~3" metal pipe with 100gr DetCord, cutting electrical cables with 25gr DetCord, cutting 6"x6" wooden posts with SemTex, and etc. Students will be trained on Time Fuses, but 99% of shots will be initiated with instant electrical blasting caps.

    Every student will do multiple firings, aka "shots", including getting out supplies from the magazine, prepping the explosives, prepping the target, arming the "blasting machine", connecting the "Det" aka Detonator (we use electrical blasting caps as detonators), and initiating the shot with the blasting machine.

    It's going to be a busy day for students.


    ok ok- I want to go, just got to get a few things set.
    TriggerTime LLc 01/02 FFL CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun MB Counselor

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    West Alexander, Pennsylvania
    (Washington County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,180
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: High Explosive Familiarization Class in SW PA

    If anyone is interested in the finer technical details of using explosives, here's an excellent read:

    https://www.bits.de/NRANEU/others/am...50%2892%29.pdf
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affliated Club -- 07/02 FFL/SOT and Type 20 FEL (Manufacturer of High Explosives)
    Specializing in Bachelor parties with 50+ machine guns including M2HB, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, and M60.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    West Alexander, Pennsylvania
    (Washington County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,180
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: High Explosive Familiarization Class in SW PA

    Three tickets left....
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affliated Club -- 07/02 FFL/SOT and Type 20 FEL (Manufacturer of High Explosives)
    Specializing in Bachelor parties with 50+ machine guns including M2HB, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, and M60.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USN Retired, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Posts
    3,491
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: High Explosive Familiarization Class in SW PA

    damm I just can't do it right now- unless there is a muti ticket discount.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; September 3rd, 2019 at 08:18 PM.
    TriggerTime LLc 01/02 FFL CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun MB Counselor

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    West Alexander, Pennsylvania
    (Washington County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,180
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: High Explosive Familiarization Class in SW PA

    SOLD OUT

    Going to be a fun day.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affliated Club -- 07/02 FFL/SOT and Type 20 FEL (Manufacturer of High Explosives)
    Specializing in Bachelor parties with 50+ machine guns including M2HB, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, and M60.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mohnton, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    6,049
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: High Explosive Familiarization Class in SW PA

    Woo hoo great day. Yes had to hall my fat ass down and up the Swiss alps but man o man worth every bit of time money and effort. Thanks to every single person there. Great bunch of people teaching, training and supporting. BOOM! lol
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,758
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: High Explosive Familiarization Class in SW PA

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Woo hoo great day. Yes had to hall my fat ass down and up the Swiss alps but man o man worth every bit of time money and effort. Thanks to every single person there. Great bunch of people teaching, training and supporting. BOOM! lol
    Bogey's teaching a local class, no hills to climb either.
    Where's Hunter?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AR-15 Familiarization Class. July 23rd, 2017 w/ Rogue Elite
    By RFlowers in forum Training Courses
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 10th, 2017, 08:32 AM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: September 1st, 2016, 12:56 PM
  3. AR-15 Operator Familiarization Course
    By Celticfozzie in forum Training Courses
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 3rd, 2014, 10:03 AM
  4. Woman's Familiarization Course
    By TMOwen5257 in forum Training Courses
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 12th, 2013, 04:34 PM
  5. Review of VSM Pistol class by Low Speed High Drag, LLC
    By Thrill in forum Training, Tactics & Competition
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 15th, 2011, 07:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops