Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
I was going to copy this and bring some next week as "educational handouts" But I'm not sure of the source or accuracy. Thoughts?

Reality of Gun Control

Taking away guns gives control to governments. The founders of this nation knew that regardless of the form of government, those in power may become corrupt and seek to rule as the British did by trying to disarm the populace of the colonies. It is not difficult to understand that a disarmed populace is a controlled populace.

Thus, the second amendment was proudly and boldly included in the U.S. Constitution. It must be preserved at all costs . So, the next time someone tries to tell you that gun control is about saving lives, look at these facts and remember these words from Noah Webster: “Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed.”

Sent from my iPhone

I've been screaming about this for at least a decade, but who ever listened to me?

Remember these words, my friends: "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". The genius himself, Benjamin Franklin.