17 23.94%
  • Yes, one day, inside.

27 38.03%
  • Yes, both days, outside.

8 11.27%
  • Yes, one day, outside.

19 26.76%
Page 61 of 116 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Default Re: ****PAFOA Representation**** Harrisburg Capitol Building, 9/24 and 9/25

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I agree we need to be there both days, and many of us will be there Sept 24-25.
    But I agree with Val that if people can only do one day then it should be Sept 25.
    Given the Ceasefire email Stainless printed, I think this approach is sensible.
    Ceasefire is having a press conference in Hearing Room 1 at 12:00pm on Sept 25, and we should all be there to participate.
    Val is *not* telling people "if you can only come 1 day, come the 25th". That's the problem.

Where on your own post here http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...96#post4061296 does he even mention the 24th, or if you can come 1 day?

I don't want to create more of a problem. I just find it frustrating that others agree to specific messaging and then turn around and talk some other shit. Frankly, I'm tired of the nonsense, and tired of other people undermining the effort, nearly every time.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: ****PAFOA Representation**** Harrisburg Capitol Building, 9/24 and 9/25

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Val is *not* telling people "if you can only come 1 day, come the 25th". That's the problem.

Where on your own post here http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...96#post4061296 does he even mention the 24th, or if you can come 1 day?

I don't want to create more of a problem. I just find it frustrating that others agree to specific messaging and then turn around and talk some other shit. Frankly, I'm tired of the nonsense, and tired of other people undermining the effort, nearly every time.
    I understand your frustration.
    As a grassroots movement, the 2A community does not have a controlled singular message.
    We have to do the best we can with what we have, sometimes it works well sometimes it doesn't.
    We have been consistent here in asking people to attend both days if possible.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Lancaster County)

25th it is, I will request off from work.

What time are the shenanigans kicking off?
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post

Yes he is telling people that. First with his single day event because apparently the one already going with both days wasn't good enough, and again with the comments shown below.

I spoke to him out of confusion and frustration and had to update my event that he and GOA are putting out the 25th but poofa is putting out both days.

Then FOAC has an event. There's now 3 Facebook events to add to the confusion of the single day GOA is pushing.

But more exposure I guess.

Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

we always get so tied up in the minute details.
    like which caliber, which model, which brand.
    so here is the official message of the 2A. brought to you from some random dumbass guy on the internet.

JUST
    FUCKING
    GO
    TO
    HARRISBURG

*or any local rep office. just do it. the day doesn't even matter. just GO!!!
    ideally during business hours when they're present.
    bonus points for going when other like minded people are there.
    bonus bacon(sometimes free) for those who attend pre/post event activities.

remember, our competition is either unemployed or paid to attend. we're not as available. it might almost be better for smaller groups or individuals to show up more frequently than to try to arrange huge meetings.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Allegheny County)

As I said before, you can't be surprised that a 2A org is pushing the day that has the MAIN focus on the 2A.

If it were a mental health professional group, they would be getting the word out about the 24th and ignoring the 25th since it's a "gun day" and only has "mental health" as a PART of day two.

I don't see it as something to be upset about.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    As I said before, you can't be surprised that a 2A org is pushing the day that has the MAIN focus on the 2A.

If it were a mental health professional group, they would be getting the word out about the 24th and ignoring the 25th since it's a "gun day" and only has "mental health" as a PART of day two.

Agree.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Mercer County)

Thank you.

I think many "higher ups" recognize that a 2A movement is typically not a strong turn out therefore try to promote a singular strong presence than a split weaker presence.

People here are active and attend but the other 3,576,996 gun owners in PA couldn't be bothered.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    25th it is, I will request off from work.

What time are the shenanigans kicking off?
    September 24-25, 2019 Pennsylvania Capitol anti gun hearings information:
    Pennsylvania Capitol Building, 501 North 3rd Street, Harrisburg, PA 17120

Tuesday September 24, 2019 **9:00am-12:00pm** (please arrive 2 hours early to attend the hearings)
    Wednesday September 25, 2019 **1:00pm-4:00pm** (please arrive 2 hours early to attend the hearings)
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

I'm not upset (as in angry). I'm frustrated.

Here's the main reason Empty: Mental health is the entire basis for red flag/erpo confiscation. For those who don't understand, I repeat, Mental health is the entire basis for red flag/erpo confiscation. If we ignore the mental health conversations, we can *never* be prepared for the fight that is coming.

The second reason is the media. They'll be there for the kick-off. By Day 2, it is old news. So, there will be much less interest. If we have a small group on day 1, they'll report "nearly, a dozen gun owners showed up".

Third, it's less about which day and more about coordination among the primary players. In joint operations, if the parties don't communicate and stick to the plan, people die from friendly fire. The Left is well coordinated. They have the money to spread around and therefore demand compliance with a single message and specific operational tasks. A few people here at POOFA (not me) worked hard on this event and prior events to secure agreement on a message. And make no mistake, messaging is critical. When one group leader then deviates from the agreed upon message, it hurts the entire effort to get people out there.
    Last edited by longcall911; September 20th, 2019 at 07:44 AM.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Page 61 of 116 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast