• Yes, one day, inside.

27 38.03%
  • Yes, both days, outside.

8 11.27%
  • Yes, one day, outside.

19 26.76%
Page 80 of 116 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: ****PAFOA Representation**** Harrisburg Capitol Building, 9/24 and 9/25

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Well, anger fresh in my veins and a big Cuban sandwich still in my belly, I just fired off this book to Senator Lisa Baker, copying my Senator Mike Regan, also on the Committee today.

Good evening, Senator Baker.

First, thank you for the your willingness to lead an open discussion on the issues of mental health and the Second Amendment.

I was in attendance today for the first hearing seated in a front row and was interested in hearing how you and the rest of the committee would approach the calls for gun control. Of course in our form of Government, it is important to hear both sides of every issue to make an informed decision for the good of the whole. However, that's where I am very concerned about how today's hearing was organized and run. We were able to hear extensively from many speakers in the fields of medicine, law enforcement and the courts. The speakers from the Philadelphia hospitals in particular, were given an enormous allotment of time despite their speeches being full of emotion with little substance or solutions. When it was time for the representatives of the people, the pro-Second Amendment speakers, there was suddenly no interest by the committee in hearing their words. Three-quarters of the Committee members filed out and the remaining three, including yourself, were not focused on their content, but on the clock.

I, and the rest of the public in attendance noticed. We felt slighted by our representatives who pushed our views and the speakers representing us aside. While the gentleman in the back of the room who shouted for fairness at the end of the meeting may have broken Senate decorum, he was exactly right and said what the rest of of were thinking...our lawmakers need to give us equal time and a chance to stand up for our rights as they come under attack. You must realize that many gun control laws do very little to actually affect crime, because the simple fact that's ignored by proponents of gun control and the legislators who vote for it is...criminals will never follow laws. Any and all gun control will only affect law-abiding gun owners, not those committing crimes.

As we listened to the Senator representing Philadelphia and the doctors from his city go back and forth about "good guys with a gun" and all of the shootings they see in their city, they failed to acknowledge or admit that their city's shootings are not because of our freedoms to bear arms, but they are due to the broken homes and cultural issues in city, like most urban areas with crime problems. It's a problem that sadly carries on from generation to generation but isn't the result of firearms being owned in our country, but a lack of respect for human life and disregard for laws. As we've seen in London and other areas that managed to completely ban guns, the attacks will continue with other means. Now London is trying to ban knives. Acid attacks have become commonplace there too. Guns are NOT the problem, but ARE a means for the good people of America to protect themselves and their children from those who break laws and seek to kill.

In May, Senator Baker, I personally sat in your office and joined in a discussion with you and representatives from GOA after our annual 2A rally in the rotunda. You had assured us that you've used guns in your lifetime, supported our rights and you had no intentions of considering any gun control "at that time". This statement still is on the minds of many of us in attendance today, as we are hopeful that through the pressure of these testimonies we're hearing, that you will stand strong and stay true to what you had told us that day. Your Oath of Office should be kept in mind whenever considering a law that would strip or restrict the freedom of the people who chose you to serve and represent them. I truly hope that freedom and the important of maintaining it will overcome those who wish to restrict it. Without our freedoms, especially the 2A, our nation will cease to be free.

We will be in attendance tomorrow and do hope that both sides get a fair chance to speak and be heard. That was the most disheartening part of the Tuesday hearings...that anti-gun proponents received preferential treatment and near unanimity in the timeshare. Ten minutes at the end, to a quarter of the committee, for those needing to defend our freedoms was honestly a farce.

Thank you for your time.

Concerned PA resident and Second Amendment supporter.

<name>

CC: My Senator, Mike Regan
    Somebody rep the alpaca for me, I'm all outa love.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: ****PAFOA Representation**** Harrisburg Capitol Building, 9/24 and 9/25

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Somebody rep the alpaca for me, I'm all outa love.
    I got him - beyond well deserved.

I've decided I'll be staying outside tomorrow. Looking forward to enjoying the weather and hanging around. I'll have an Ox Ranch, Texas "keep calm, carry on shirt" and a full size Gadsden flag.

I hope we get additional news coverage.

(Dauphin County)

For those of us outside, will we be staying by the fountain, or meeting up on the steps by third street?
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    For those of us outside, will we be staying by the fountain, or meeting up on the steps by third street?
    Fountain.
    It's the business end of the Capitol, and there is nothing going on in the Rotunda on the front end.
    Keep together at the fountain, don't split the turnout.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Dauphin County)

Just wanna say hi. I was there this morning and joined the forum as I was standing outside with some of you. This was my 1st time participating in something like this. Definitely won't be my last. I can't make it tomorrow. I'll be with you in spirit, though. Good luck. I'll be thinking of y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie21 View Post
    Just wanna say hi. I was there this morning and joined the forum as I was standing outside with some of you. This was my 1st time participating in something like this. Definitely won't be my last. I can't make it tomorrow. I'll be with you in spirit, though. Good luck. I'll be thinking of y'all.
    Thank you so much for standing with us today, and welcome to the forum. Pro tip, avoid the Lounge.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Dauphin County)

Thanks Bern. Just wanted to make sure because I will be walking from 7th St and right now I don't have tons of energy for walking.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Okie21 View Post
    Thank you for standing with us for the 2A.
    Please make sure you are registered to vote, and check here for 2A voter guides before the election.
    The deadline to register to vote is October 7, 2019.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    Thanks Bern. Just wanted to make sure because I will be walking from 7th St and right now I don't have tons of energy for walking.
    Yeah, I know, it's very spread out and no close parking.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Yeah, I know, it's very spread out and no close parking.
    I park at my work site, my client contact is pro 2A and personally knows the hornady family.

Page 80 of 116 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast