• Yes, one day, inside.

27 38.03%
  • Yes, both days, outside.

8 11.27%
  • Yes, one day, outside.

19 26.76%
Page 110 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1155

Default Re: ****PAFOA Representation**** Harrisburg Capitol Building, 9/24 and 9/25

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    The context here is that Mikieg disagreed with my choice of terminology and seemingly left the forum as a result.
    Discussion is fine, but when it results in losing guys that are passionate about the 2A it hurts our communal effort.

This is not anyone's fault, it is just an unfortunate side effect of impersonal communication via written text.
    Many disagreements in the forum are secondary to misinterpretation of posts and their author's intent.

I would prefer to avoid these disagreements as much as possible by utilizing the big tent approach without insisting on commonality.
    When we engage the Legislature our 2A volunteers will meet face to face facilitating commonality with minimal misunderstanding.
    Agreed that we want to be as inclusive as possible. Please know that I was not suggesting that we insist on commonality.

I'm suggesting that this board is changing and that as we become a greater real-world identity, there will be critically important issues that we need to deal with. Successfully navigating those waters will require discussion and that will surely include at least some disagreement.

My preference would be that we learn to be courteous toward one another in our disagreement. In doing so, if someone leaves because they’re butt-hurt, oh well. We need people who are willing to behave as mature adults.

With all of that out of the way, I’d like us to consider doing a day in Harrisburg, at the fountain. Maybe we can even do a day every month for the next 2 or 3 months. If so, we should decide on a single message to promote and push hard. I think the 2nd Amendment Committee of the Lehigh Valley Tea Party would be willing to donate 50 corrugated plastic signs (18"x24"). Below is a quick example. People can bring flags, but we ask (not force) everyone to use our signs in order to get our message out.

Proof.jpg
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Mercer County)

Default Re: ****PAFOA Representation**** Harrisburg Capitol Building, 9/24 and 9/25

Having a PAFOA table at as many PA gun shows as possible is a good idea.
    Some Poofa guys did that at one of the larger Oaks shows recently, I think they partnered with FOAC.
    We can have people volunteer to divide up the coverage during the shows.
    It would be a good way to expand political cooperation within the PA 2A community.
    I agree we need to get the PAFOA name out there and partner with FOAC and GOA. We are a "no cost group" to be a member of but FOAC, GOA, Josh Prince are the boots on the ground that need the cash. And bringing more people in can help spread the financial burden as well as the "time" burden. I've "invested" quite a bit (time & money) in the last couple years in our cause (not just 2A but resisting tyranny in general). And there are limits.

A while back someone brought up having people as point of contacts for areas. A localized group could stay abreast of events locally and participate as they can. Maybe we can set up "county reps" and start delivering/having a consistent presence and message.

I'd volunteer for Mercer County. I might be ale to recruit a couple local people to help share the time burden.

The banner I have and bring to events was done by vistaprint. I got it for $25 delivered. There were a few discounts as a first time customer. It was well worth the $25.

I had this 5 x 7 postcard "in progress" in my cart. If something like this is something to put out there, we would have to get permission from the identified groups.

Postcard.jpg
    Last edited by PA_Robert; October 5th, 2019 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PA_Robert View Post
    I agree we need to get the PAFOA name out there and partner with FOAC and GOA. We are a "no cost group" to be a member of but FOAC, GOA, Josh Prince are the boots on the ground that need the cash. And bringing more people in can help spread the financial burden as well as the "time" burden. I've "invested" quite a bit (time & money) in the last couple years in our cause (not just 2A but resisting tyranny in general). And there are limits.

A while back someone brought up having people as point of contacts for areas. A localized group could stay abreast of events locally and participate as they can. Maybe we can set up "county reps" and start delivering/having a consistent presence and message.

I'd volunteer for Mercer County. I might be ale to recruit a couple local people to help share the time burden.

The banner I have and bring to events was done by vistaprint. I got it for $25 delivered. There were a few discounts as a first time customer. It was well worth the $25.

I had this 5 x 7 postcard "in progress" in my cart. If something like this is something to put out there, we would have to get permission from the identified groups.

Postcard.jpg
    I like the idea of county reps. 2A advocates definitely need to get more informed and organized . Regular meetings would help and I am all for a monthly rally at the fountain. Maybe the more often we do the rally, the more we can ride share and get to know everyone.

I am from Columbia county and I want to be more involved in my local politics. So, I'm tentatively "interested" in being a Columbia Count PAFOA Rep.

Like the 5x7 postcard!!
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Agreed that we want to be as inclusive as possible. Please know that I was not suggesting that we insist on commonality.

I'm suggesting that this board is changing and that as we become a greater real-world identity, there will be critically important issues that we need to deal with. Successfully navigating those waters will require discussion and that will surely include at least some disagreement.

My preference would be that we learn to be courteous toward one another in our disagreement. In doing so, if someone leaves because they’re butt-hurt, oh well. We need people who are willing to behave as mature adults.

With all of that out of the way, I’d like us to consider doing a day in Harrisburg, at the fountain. Maybe we can even do a day every month for the next 2 or 3 months. If so, we should decide on a single message to promote and push hard. I think the 2nd Amendment Committee of the Lehigh Valley Tea Party would be willing to donate 50 corrugated plastic signs (18"x24"). Below is a quick example. People can bring flags, but we ask (not force) everyone to use our signs in order to get our message out.

Proof.jpg
    Thank you for offering to donate signs, that will certainly be helpful.

The next thing I am trying to do is put 2A volunteers in the Capitol to counter the constant anti 2A presence of Bloomberg/Goodman.
    We are doing this together with FOAC so we will be coordinating message and the most effective session days to be at the Capitol.

We know that the Capitol fountain is the best spot to be noticed by legislators, especially during the lunch hours when lots of people swarm the food trucks.
    It would probably be most effective for us to coordinate your fountain presence with our session days inside the Capitol.

Your fountain signs can be your own, they don't necessarily have to follow whatever message we are pushing inside.
    I think any 2A messaging will help add pressure on the Legislature.

I am a little concerned about setting up too many Capitol rally days and burnining our people out.
    Getting a day off and/or getting to the Capitol is not easy for a lot of people, and it may be sensible to concentrate our presence when it's most effective.

Let me follow up with FOAC and then I can start a thread dedicated to this next step.
    I agree with your concept, I just want to do it in the best way possible for maximum result.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

Postcard.jpg
    The postcard may be problematic with the groups on it.
    It may be simpler to print postcards and/or business cards with "Friends of PAFOA" and then the address of a dedicated and locked outreach thread.

We could then populate that thread with whatever links we want to direct people towards.
    This is essentially how we as users can utilize Poofa as a space to independently organize.

As for local contacts, it's not a bad idea if enough people from enough places want to participate.
    We may find that keeping it simple is more practical, with everyone funneled to a single Poofa information distribution thread address.

There is an easy way to test the local contact idea.
    We can divide up the state and ask people to deliver the Poofa card (and flyer) to every range and shop in their section.

Each local section could then report back with the contact information for all the ranges and shops in their section.
    This information could then be compiled in a list and we would be able to see how much of the state we were able to cover with local contacts.

Regardless of the coverage, we could then use that range/shop contact information to push 2A political information out across the state in real time.
    This would allow Poofa to act as a central distribution point of timely state level 2A political action and increase 2A cooperation throughout the state.

We could then see which areas lacked local coverage and address those areas to complete our statewide 2A network.
    If enough people get involved as local 2A section contacts, then they would be well situated to expand their reach through their local shops and ranges.
    -

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 11B3Y View Post
    I like the idea of county reps. 2A advocates definitely need to get more informed and organized . Regular meetings would help and I am all for a monthly rally at the fountain. Maybe the more often we do the rally, the more we can ride share and get to know everyone.

I am from Columbia county and I want to be more involved in my local politics. So, I'm tentatively "interested" in being a Columbia Count PAFOA Rep.

Like the 5x7 postcard!!
    Thank you for wanting to get more involved.
    I hope you will be able to take an active role once we get this moving.

Thank you for offering to donate signs, that will certainly be helpful.

The next thing I am trying to do is put 2A volunteers in the Capitol to counter the constant anti 2A presence of Bloomberg/Goodman.
    We are doing this together with FOAC so we will be coordinating message and the most effective session days to be at the Capitol.

We know that the Capitol fountain is the best spot to be noticed by legislators, especially during the lunch hours when lots of people swarm the food trucks.
    It would probably be most effective for us to coordinate your fountain presence with our session days inside the Capitol.

Your fountain signs can be your own, they don't necessarily have to follow whatever message we are pushing inside.
    I think any 2A messaging will help add pressure on the Legislature.

I am a little concerned about setting up too many Capitol rally days and burnining our people out.
    Getting a day off and/or getting to the Capitol is not easy for a lot of people, and it may be sensible to concentrate our presence when it's most effective.

Let me follow up with FOAC and then I can start a thread dedicated to this next step.
    I agree with your concept, I just want to do it in the best way possible for maximum result.
    Two things:

First, I disagree that *any* message adds pressure and that fountain signs don't need to follow what we are pushing inside. Messaging is critical. To be at all effective it must be simple, powerful and used consistently. Does CeaseFire show up with a dozen different messages? Hell no. Do any leftist groups? Absolutely not. They decide on a message and drive it home. A consistent message across large numbers shows strength and unity. It suggests that the organizers control this block of voters.

Second, the example sign specifically targeted Sen. Baker. IMO, she is the weak link right now, and as a new chair, she will always be a weak link if we don't pressure her directly. I believe we need at least one more rally at the fountain and that it is to leverage Baker, specifically.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Two things:

First, I disagree that *any* message adds pressure and that fountain signs don't need to follow what we are pushing inside. Messaging is critical. To be at all effective it must be simple, powerful and used consistently. Does CeaseFire show up with a dozen different messages? Hell no. Do any leftist groups? Absolutely not. They decide on a message and drive it home. A consistent message across large numbers shows strength and unity. It suggests that the organizers control this block of voters.

Second, the example sign specifically targeted Sen. Baker. IMO, she is the weak link right now, and as a new chair, she will always be a weak link if we don't pressure her directly. I believe we need at least one more rally at the fountain and that it is to leverage Baker, specifically.
    My point is that if you disagree with the FOAC message inside the Capitol, you have the freedom to go with whatever message you prefer.
    After following up with FOAC we can figure out the details.

Postcard.jpg
    What about official PAFOA business cards with simply a "mission statement" or line about the 2A and our web address...to be put into gun shops for customers to take from the counter?

Of course we'd have to get permission.

I wouldn't want 20 versions floating around the state either...it's easy enough to mail someone 50 business cards to put in their LGS.

From there, we keep up the site's top banner action with legislative and organizing updates.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    What about official PAFOA business cards with simply a "mission statement" or line about the 2A and our web address...to be put into gun shops for customers to take from the counter?

Of course we'd have to get permission.
    Official MS:

Mission Statement
    Here's what we hope to do for you, and all Pennsylvanians
    The mission of the Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association is to preserve the rights of firearm owners in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as guaranteed by Article 1, Section 21 of the Pennsylvania Constitution and the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution. To achieve this goal the Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association will participate, and encourage its members to participate in the political process through activism, lobbying, and voter education.

In addition to our primary goal, the Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association also seeks to provide the public with the necessary resources to educate themselves on the safe and legal ownership of firearms.

Page 110 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast