27 38.03%
  • Yes, both days, outside.

8 11.27%
  • Yes, one day, outside.

19 26.76%
Page 107 of 116 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1155
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: ****PAFOA Representation**** Harrisburg Capitol Building, 9/24 and 9/25

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Seriously, we don't even have to be chicks to get all weak-kneed by his voice.

I'm secure enough to admit that's one sexy beast.

I'll show my wife the video tonight and see what she says...if she doesn't pack her bags for Pittsburgh.

We are really fortunate to have him on our side. Incredible smart, high character and so well-spoken.
    While I appreciate the sentiment, I have one wife already that that's plenty for me.

Also, I like to say that I am what Morgan Freeman wishes he sounded like.
    Last edited by Walt_Daddy; September 29th, 2019 at 01:23 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: ****PAFOA Representation**** Harrisburg Capitol Building, 9/24 and 9/25

Quote Originally Posted by MIKIEG View Post
    Just one small, but very important correction...

These are not "civil" rights which are being continuously threatened, rather, they are natural, innate, God-given, UNALIENABLE rights, inherent from birth within every free man on Earth.

We are bestowed civil rights protections by the governing body of a society, which can always be changed by said governing authority.

Unalienable rights are rights that supersede alteration, limitation or restriction of any degree by any government or man. These are the rights protected within the Bill of Rights, and acknowleged, recognized and confirmed by the government that it will never attempt to rescind or restrict said rights in any fashion.

Big difference.

Please edit your letters accordingly.

Thanx.
    You are correct, I don't dispute that.
    But this is politics, and winning the fight is more important than being technically accurate.
    To win the fight you have to reach the largest audience possible with a message that is easily digestible.

I use the term civil rights because it reaches a larger audience than unalienable rights.
    We have reached a point where people dismiss the Constitution as an outdated document that means little to them.
    The term civil rights strikes a nerve in people today, and it is harder for them to dismiss those rights as outdated and meaningless.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    Copy this to the lounge.

I recommend sending a thank you to Rep Kauffman in the “Thank You” thread as well.

This thread is mostly viewed by those who attended and others like me who wanted to but were unable. Now that the event is over and people have posted their experiences, I’d imagine this thread has a rather limited audience. Possibly start 2 new identical threads, SPECIFICALLY detailing who/why as Bern did above. Put one thread in the lounge for us reprobates, and have one in the PA section.

This is a separate call to action that otherwise may go widely unnoticed on page 36 of a thread whose specific topic is now in the past

Rep Kauffman needs to hear from as many supporters as possible. I know he has support from certain very pro-2A house members, but he is likely being bombarded with hate filled calls & emails from the antis. We need to show him he has a sizable cheering section and that his willingness to stand up is greatly appreciated
    I will make new lounge and PA politics threads for this and the GOA stuff.
    I've got some stuff to do for a while so I will get to it later today.
    If someone wants to make the new threads before I get back please do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt_Daddy View Post
    While I appreciate the sentiment, I have one wife already that that's plenty for me.

Also, I like to say that I am what Morgan Freeman wishes he sounded like.
    Uh oh, Walt saw that post. We are fortunate to have you fighting for and with us.

South Western Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

Representative Kauffman:

I was in attendance Tuesday and Wednesday for the Senate Judiciary Committee hearings on Mental Health issues and Gun Control. While participating word came down that you had unequivocally precluded any advancement of ERPO and UBC legislation in the House.

I am sincerely thankful for your principled stand in support of the PA and US Constitutions on these issues. Please know that you are both respected and supported by thousands of PA law abiding citizens who revere the “law of the land” and seek only to protect ourselves, our families and our friends from the evil that walks among us.

Although I am not a constituent of your district – I can only wish for a representative such as you – I support you in your efforts to serve all the people of PA.

In Liberty,
    Rob Kauffman (Rkauffma@pahousegop.com)To:you Details
    Thanks for your encouragement & support on this! It’s been a rough week but I’m honored to be leading the fight to protect the 2nd Amendment in PA!

Best regards,

Rob

Rob Kauffman
    State Representative
    89th Legislative District
    Done

dude must get his mail on his phone, just got a read receipt an hour after sending.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15_shooter View Post
    He looked like he had pure hatred coming out of him for a few minutes there. I was expecting him to start screaming at the audience at some point in there.
    Yeah, he was putting on a good show for his base.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    You are correct, I don't dispute that.
    But this is politics, and winning the fight is more important than being technically accurate.
    To win the fight you have to reach the largest audience possible with a message that is easily digestible.

I use the term civil rights because it reaches a larger audience than unalienable rights.
    We have reached a point where people dismiss the Constitution as an outdated document that means little to them.
    The term civil rights strikes a nerve in people today, and it is harder for them to dismiss those rights as outdated and meaningless.

Unfortunately, winning the fight MEANS being accurate. Civil rights vs unalienable rights are two entirely different animals.

Your reasoning is analogous to holding up an image of an elephant and calling it a mouse, and when someone corrects the error, you claim that they may be technically correct, but they're both mammals, so it doesn't matter.

It matters. These people know the difference very well between civil rights and unalienable rights protected by The Bill of Rights, and it's important to the cause that we show them we also understand what's involved.

The use of the term "civil rights" in this fight is wrong.

The opposition will take whatever ammunition (pun intended) we give them to weaken our position, so the last thing we should strive to be is Constitutionally illiterate, since it's the Constitution we are trying to defend.

Unfortunately, winning the fight MEANS being accurate. Civil rights vs unalienable rights are two entirely different animals.

Your reasoning is analogous to holding up an image of an elephant and calling it a mouse, and when someone corrects the error, you claim that they may be technically correct, but they're both mammals, so it doesn't matter.

It matters. These people know the difference very well between civil rights and unalienable rights protected by The Bill of Rights, and it's important to the cause that we show them we also understand what's involved.

The opposition will take whatever ammunition (pun intended) we give them to weaken our position, so the last thing we should strive to be is Constitutionally illiterate, since it's the Constitution we are trying to defend.
    No, the 2A isn't an unalienable right. It is correct to talk about it in terms of civil rights (civil liberties). Not even life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are unalienable, hence the 5th amendment.

There is absolutely no discussion of unalienable rights in the COTUS, speaking of constitutional literacy.
    Last edited by Justin///M; September 30th, 2019 at 10:14 AM.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Montgomery County)

I appreciate your passion, and I wish we had more of it.
    If everyone was passionate about the 2A we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.

My approach these days is the big tent approach, the macropolitical approach.
    I want people from all walks of life to understand why the 2A is important and why it needs to be defended.
    I see no harm in using any language that I think helps make that happen.

Please continue to defend the 2A any way that you feel is best.
    We are lucky to have you and appreciate your effort.

Page 107 of 116 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast