• Yes, one day, inside.

27 38.03%
  • Yes, both days, outside.

8 11.27%
  • Yes, one day, outside.

19 26.76%
Page 106 of 116 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1155

Default Re: ****PAFOA Representation**** Harrisburg Capitol Building, 9/24 and 9/25

Well, I was able to make it both days, but didn't feel comfortable on Tuesday carrying OC and didn't want to leave my pistol in the vehicle.

Made it back again Wednesday, unarmed, and was able to meet a lot of people. I was displaying a Gadsen flag and had a James Mason T-shirt on.
    I look forward to seeing you all again this coming May 2020 for the annual rally.

Maybe sooner if there's another event.

Thanks you everyone who made it!!!
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: ****PAFOA Representation**** Harrisburg Capitol Building, 9/24 and 9/25

Quote Originally Posted by 11B3Y View Post
    Well, I was able to make it both days, but didn't feel comfortable on Tuesday carrying OC and didn't want to leave my pistol in the vehicle.

Made it back again Wednesday, unarmed, and was able to meet a lot of people. I was displaying a Gadsen flag and had a James Mason T-shirt on.
    I look forward to seeing you all again this coming May 2020 for the annual rally.

Maybe sooner if there's another event.

Thanks you everyone who made it!!!
    Thank you for standing with us for the 2A.
    OC or not, you were there and you made a difference, and we appreciate your effort.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by MIKIEG View Post
    At the expense of sounding like a sexually frustrated headmistress, EVERYONE who is a member of PAFOA, if you have not done so already, needs to take 10 minutes from their idiot-box time and send Representative Robert Kaufman, Chair of the House Judiciary Committee, a heartfelt 'Thank You' for actually honoring the sworn Oath he (as well as the rest of his colleagues) took to uphold both the PA Constitution and the US Constitution.

It's good to continue to hound and heckle the communist members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, but it is equally, if not more, important to THANK those rare elected officials who listen to both their constituents and their consciences as true Americans, and act accordingly - in very significant ways. Rep Kaufman is definitely our hero this week in terms of shutting down the nonsense that spewed forth from the mouths of idiots over the Sept 24th & 25th "public" hearings.

Thank him now, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    For people who have not kept up with all the details.
    Would it be possible to provide a link for contacting him and provide examples of exactly why we are thanking him ?

Sorry but I was not inside and have not had the time to watch all the related videos.

Pennsylvania House Judiciary Committee Chairman Rob Kauffman
    Capitol Office
    312 Main Capitol
    PO Box 202089
    Harrisburg, PA 17120-2089
    PHONE: 717-705-2004
    FAX: 717-787-9840
    Hours: Mon-Fri 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

Online message form: http://www.repkauffman.com/Contact.aspx

Here is an example of my email to PA Rep Kauffman.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Pennsylvania House Judiciary Committee Chairman Kauffman,

Thank you very much for defending the Constitutionally protected Civil Rights of law abiding Pennsylvania gun owners.

I agree with you that "Red Flag Laws" are unconstitutional and violate the Civil Rights of law abiding citizens. Red Flag Laws are a dangerous example of unlawful governmental overreach, and demonstrate the willingness by some in power to sweep aside our Civil Rights when and where it suits them. Red Flag Laws are already being abused regularly in states that have implemented them such as Florida, and they represent the polar opposite of how our Constitutionally protected society is supposed to function.

Thank you very much again for defending the Constitutionally protected Civil Rights of law abiding Pennsylvania gun owners.

Sincerely and respectfully,
    [Your name here]

Here is an article on the issue.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/0...red-flag-bill/

Pennsylvania House Judiciary Chairman Won’t Consider Red Flag Bill

September 25, 2019
    by Tom Knighton

Gun control proposals go through cycles, kind of like fashion. Decades ago, it was all about banning handguns. Then it was assault weapons (that one’s come back in fashion…it’s like my seven-year-old calling something “fly”). Right now, the big rage in gun-grabber circles is red flag laws. The idea sounds good, especially when you don’t understand the laws already on the books. I mean, taking guns from potential mass murderers sounds pretty good.

But we don’t need to do that. We have other laws on the books that can stop mass shootings. We’ve done it.

In Pennsylvania, a state I’ve argued is becoming an important battleground for gun rights, a number of gun control bills have been presented. However, at least one won’t get very far. That would be their red flag bill.

A state House panel advanced mandatory minimum sentences for gun criminals, preemption legislation of local firearms laws, and a slate of other bills Tuesday aimed at deterring gun crime.

The votes by the House Judiciary Committee marked the first legislative action on firearms after a summer dominated by mass shootings, including two in one August weekend that left 29 people dead.

The day’s agenda drew criticisms from Gov. Tom Wolf’s administration, as well as Democratic members of the General Assembly, who were frustrated by a lack of action on measures favored by gun-violence reduction advocates.

That includes consideration of an extreme risk protection proposal sponsored by Rep. Todd Stephens, R-Montgomery, which allows for the court-ordered temporary seizure of a person’s firearms.

“We will not be considering red flag in the House Judiciary Committee so long as Chairman Kauffman is chairman,” Rep. Rob Kauffman, R-Franklin, said, referring to himself in the third person.

I’m not a big fan of talking in the third person like that, but I am a big fan of Kaufman keeping red flag laws in check.

Look, the idea sounds nice. It really does. But a potential murderer–or even someone who is suicidal–who is merely disarmed is someone who is still free to use other weapons. You’ve kicked the can down the road and that’s about it.

Now, will mandatory minimums work? Who knows. I tend to dislike pretending a crime is somehow worse because of the weapon being used, but Kaufman argues, “If the deterrent doesn’t work, the bars will keep [gun criminals] out of our hair.” That’s a fair point. Plus, tougher sentencing isn’t likely to encourage crime, that’s for sure.

But the big story is the red flag bill. If Kaufman keeps to that vow, then Pennsylvanians can rest a bit easier knowing that an offhand comment won’t lead to an excitable family member or coworker reporting them to the authorities. That’s a huge win for the state and for gun rights. It’s a shame that it is, though. This should be a big old nothing, but it’s not.

It’s also unfortunate that this might be the big win for Pennsylvania for a little while as the state is also considering a number of other gun control measures.

Still, take the wins where you can find them. They’re not guaranteed.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Capitol Office
    312 Main Capitol
    PO Box 202089
    Harrisburg, PA 17120-2089
    PHONE: 717-705-2004
    FAX: 717-787-9840
    Hours: Mon-Fri 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

Online message form: http://www.repkauffman.com/Contact.aspx

Thank you very much for defending the Constitutionally protected Civil Rights of law abiding Pennsylvania gun owners.

I agree with you that "Red Flag Laws" are unconstitutional and violate the Civil Rights of law abiding citizens. Red Flag Laws are a dangerous example of unlawful governmental overreach, and demonstrate the willingness by some in power to sweep aside our Civil Rights when and where it suits them. Red Flag Laws are already being abused regularly in states that have implemented them such as Florida, and they represent the polar opposite of how our Constitutionally protected society is supposed to function.

Thank you very much again for defending the Constitutionally protected Civil Rights of law abiding Pennsylvania gun owners.

[Your name here]

Here is an article on the issue.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/0...red-flag-bill/

Pennsylvania House Judiciary Chairman Won’t Consider Red Flag Bill

September 25, 2019
    by Tom Knighton

Gun control proposals go through cycles, kind of like fashion. Decades ago, it was all about banning handguns. Then it was assault weapons (that one’s come back in fashion…it’s like my seven-year-old calling something “fly”). Right now, the big rage in gun-grabber circles is red flag laws. The idea sounds good, especially when you don’t understand the laws already on the books. I mean, taking guns from potential mass murderers sounds pretty good.

But we don’t need to do that. We have other laws on the books that can stop mass shootings. We’ve done it.

In Pennsylvania, a state I’ve argued is becoming an important battleground for gun rights, a number of gun control bills have been presented. However, at least one won’t get very far. That would be their red flag bill.

A state House panel advanced mandatory minimum sentences for gun criminals, preemption legislation of local firearms laws, and a slate of other bills Tuesday aimed at deterring gun crime.

The votes by the House Judiciary Committee marked the first legislative action on firearms after a summer dominated by mass shootings, including two in one August weekend that left 29 people dead.

The day’s agenda drew criticisms from Gov. Tom Wolf’s administration, as well as Democratic members of the General Assembly, who were frustrated by a lack of action on measures favored by gun-violence reduction advocates.

That includes consideration of an extreme risk protection proposal sponsored by Rep. Todd Stephens, R-Montgomery, which allows for the court-ordered temporary seizure of a person’s firearms.

“We will not be considering red flag in the House Judiciary Committee so long as Chairman Kauffman is chairman,” Rep. Rob Kauffman, R-Franklin, said, referring to himself in the third person.

I’m not a big fan of talking in the third person like that, but I am a big fan of Kaufman keeping red flag laws in check.

Look, the idea sounds nice. It really does. But a potential murderer–or even someone who is suicidal–who is merely disarmed is someone who is still free to use other weapons. You’ve kicked the can down the road and that’s about it.

Now, will mandatory minimums work? Who knows. I tend to dislike pretending a crime is somehow worse because of the weapon being used, but Kaufman argues, “If the deterrent doesn’t work, the bars will keep [gun criminals] out of our hair.” That’s a fair point. Plus, tougher sentencing isn’t likely to encourage crime, that’s for sure.

But the big story is the red flag bill. If Kaufman keeps to that vow, then Pennsylvanians can rest a bit easier knowing that an offhand comment won’t lead to an excitable family member or coworker reporting them to the authorities. That’s a huge win for the state and for gun rights. It’s a shame that it is, though. This should be a big old nothing, but it’s not.

It’s also unfortunate that this might be the big win for Pennsylvania for a little while as the state is also considering a number of other gun control measures.

Still, take the wins where you can find them. They’re not guaranteed.
    Copy this to the lounge.

I recommend sending a thank you to Rep Kauffman in the “Thank You” thread as well.

This thread is mostly viewed by those who attended and others like me who wanted to but were unable. Now that the event is over and people have posted their experiences, I’d imagine this thread has a rather limited audience. Possibly start 2 new identical threads, SPECIFICALLY detailing who/why as Bern did above. Put one thread in the lounge for us reprobates, and have one in the PA section.

This is a separate call to action that otherwise may go widely unnoticed on page 36 of a thread whose specific topic is now in the past

Rep Kauffman needs to hear from as many supporters as possible. I know he has support from certain very pro-2A house members, but he is likely being bombarded with hate filled calls & emails from the antis. We need to show him he has a sizable cheering section and that his willingness to stand up is greatly appreciated

(Chester County)

I just took time to thank Rep. Kauffman, thank you for the reminder.

Thanks for posting that article. I had begun my letter and wanted to put the exact quote in it. Now I have it. Am cc'ing the letter to my Rep asking him to support Rep. Kauffman and also thanking my Rep for his solid record on protecting the 2A. My Senator Lisa Baker was sent a very different letter.

"We read a news article quoting your statement refusing to take up Red Flag bills in the House Judiciary Committee. Thank you for taking that stand. We support your position and appreciate your having the courage to take it as your position will most certainly be mischaracterized by the media and relentlessly attacked by your political opponents and gun control advocates who have no regard for the civil right to keep and bear arms guaranteed by the Commonwealth Constitution and the Constitution of the United States of America.

As Pennsylvania citizens we oppose the whole array of new anti-firearms laws. None of them solve problems they pretend to solve and there is little common sense in any of them. They are, however, well-designed to eviscerate our Constitutionally guaranteed civil rights one Bill at a time; to the point where those protections become meaningless.

We also support your effort to put real teeth into the existing State Preemption Laws. Those laws are frequently violated, with Pittsburgh City Council’s flagrant violation being the most recent. The cost of attempting to enforce the laws against the public officials violating them by average citizens is prohibitive and risky. And, unsurprisingly, the public officials charged with the duty of enforcing the law against other public officials, refuse to do so.

We have copied our State Representative, a strong supporter of our rights, encouraging him to support your position and to continue to work to protect our rights as Pennsylvania Citizens.

Again, thank you."
    Last edited by Wilderness 1864; September 28th, 2019 at 01:52 PM.

Received a personal note back from representative Kauffman. That was nice that he's actually reading them.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Received a personal note back from representative Kauffman. That was nice that he's actually reading them.
    Same for me.
    He replied to me about 9:30pm.
    --ET

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Same for me.
    He replied to me about 9:30pm.
    944 here hahaha. We know what he's doing on Saturday night! That's great!
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post

[Your name here]
    Just one small, but very important correction...

These are not "civil" rights which are being continuously threatened, rather, they are natural, innate, God-given, UNALIENABLE rights, inherent from birth within every free man on Earth.

We are bestowed civil rights protections by the governing body of a society, which can always be changed by said governing authority.

Unalienable rights are rights that supersede alteration, limitation or restriction of any degree by any government or man. These are the rights protected within the Bill of Rights, and acknowleged, recognized and confirmed by the government that it will never attempt to rescind or restrict said rights in any fashion.

Big difference.

Please edit your letters accordingly.

Thanx.

Page 106 of 116 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast