Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Pat Toomey email and response

So much for Republican control of the Senate and White House protecting our rights for a few years.

Email excerpt from Pat Toomey:

Statement on Philadelphia Shooting

The shooter who attempted to murder brave Philadelphia police officers this week is a convicted felon who had no right to possess a firearm. In the coming weeks, more information will hopefully come to light on how the suspect obtained his weapons, and I have asked ATF and the Department of Justice to keep me apprised of any new information. We can do more to strengthen our gun safety laws and better protect law enforcement. When Congress reconvenes, these issues, such as strengthening background checks to keep guns out of the hands of violent criminals, should be a top priority.

I will be writing up this response and sending out tomorrow morning:

___
    Hi, I just received your email. You stated, in bright red capital letters, "The shooter who attempted to murder brave Philadelphia police officers this week is a convicted felon who had no right to possess a firearm."

Reading further down the email, you state, "We can do more to strengthen our gun safety laws and better protect law enforcement. When Congress reconvenes, these issues, such as strengthening background checks to keep guns out of the hands of violent criminals, should be a top priority."

According to the US Department of Justice, only 1.3% of criminals got their gun from a retail source, and 0.8% from gun shows. I fail to see how strengthening background checks will protect anyone.

What will help protect people is enforcing laws on the books. According to news sources Maurice Hill has a record going back 20 years, including prior firearms offenses. It is obvious that he did not care how strong background checks were, or that current laws do not allow convicted felons to have guns. With at least 90% of criminals getting guns illegally, including Maurice Hill for the last 20 years, are background checks really the issue here?

I do not like the fact that my representatives, especially my Republican representatives, seem to be caving on the gun issue. The choices my representatives make now will influence where my vote goes next November.
    ___

Now I need to write Wolf, that letter is taking a bit longer...
    Last edited by shawmutt; August 18th, 2019 at 03:44 PM.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Pat Toomey email and response

Quote Originally Posted by shawmutt View Post
    So much for Republican control of the Senate and White House protecting our rights for a few years.

I do not like the fact that my representatives, especially my Republican representatives, seem to be caving on the gun issue. The choices my representatives make now will influence where my vote goes next November.
    ___

Get used to it. Gun owners are no longer a political force. Bloomberg has attacked and taken down the NRA and gun owners don't show up to vote. Why would your representatives need to listen to you anymore? The 2nd amendment and the US Constitution no longer has any sway with members of Congress or the State Legislature. In PA democrats own the PA Supreme Court because gun owners stayed home instead of showing up and voting for clear choices.

As I've mentioned before I've spent the last 40 years of my life contributing, calling, writing, rallying for the 2nd amendment but apparently the following generations have no interest and during their lifetime they will see full gun control like that of UK and the Queen's Colonies with registration, confiscations and outright bans on the private ownership of firearms. All this Red Flag, enhanced background checks etc... is just the beginning of the set up to see where the guns are and implement the plan to actually control who has guns. You can bet it won't be the average Joe or Joan that will be allowed to own guns.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Columbia County)

Bob casey winning a 2nd term in 2018 was beyond ridiculous.

The shooter who attempted to murder brave Philadelphia police officers this week is a convicted felon who had no right to possess a firearm. In the coming weeks, more information will hopefully come to light on how the suspect obtained his weapons, and I have asked ATF and the Department of Justice to keep me apprised of any new information. We can do more to strengthen our gun safety laws and better protect law enforcement. When Congress reconvenes, these issues, such as strengthening background checks to keep guns out of the hands of violent criminals, should be a top priority.

___
    Hi, I just received your email. You stated, in bright red capital letters, "The shooter who attempted to murder brave Philadelphia police officers this week is a convicted felon who had no right to possess a firearm."

Reading further down the email, you state, "We can do more to strengthen our gun safety laws and better protect law enforcement. When Congress reconvenes, these issues, such as strengthening background checks to keep guns out of the hands of violent criminals, should be a top priority."

According to the US Department of Justice, only 1.3% of criminals got their gun from a retail source, and 0.8% from gun shows. I fail to see how strengthening background checks will protect anyone.

What will help protect people is enforcing laws on the books. According to news sources Maurice Hill has a record going back 20 years, including prior firearms offenses. It is obvious that he did not care how strong background checks were, or that current laws do not allow convicted felons to have guns. With at least 90% of criminals getting guns illegally, including Maurice Hill for the last 20 years, are background checks really the issue here?

___

Have you signed our "no Red Flag laws, No ERPO's, No Universal Background checks" petition?

It's been out for 1 week and has 500 signers. I'd like 5000. With that we can go to his office, meet with his chief, and maybe send a clear message. Please sign and circulate.

flyer-petition-redflag-cropped-536.jpg
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Have you signed our "no Red Flag laws, No ERPO's, No Universal Background checks" petition?

It's been out for 1 week and has 500 signers. I'd like 5000. With that we can go to his office, meet with his chief, and maybe send a clear message. Please sign and circulate.

Just signed it

(Cumberland County)

Thank you, must signed!

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Allegheny County)

I’ve written Toomey’s office recently myself, I’ve yet to get a reply but I know I will. I have gotten a reply from Casey’s office tho. It was an infuriating virtue signaling reply. Casey’s reply states he supports the 2A but....after the sandy hook massacre... he knew we needed change and he goes on to invoke the sandy hook tragedy multiple times, as justification for his opposition to 2A issues as if he were pro 2A before that. So basically his office is using the sandy hook tragedy as a political cudgel to beat gun owners with. Summing up his reply, If you support gun rights you are ok with school children being murdered and he’s not so you must be a bad person. The repeated bludgeoning with the invocation of the sandy hook massacre really got under my skin and I am working on a reply letter to his reply. I could care less if my voice influencers him, I still plan on forcing his office to catalog my correspondence and waste resources dealing with my letter.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by TB3 View Post
    I’ve written Toomey’s office recently myself, I’ve yet to get a reply but I know I will. I have gotten a reply from Casey’s office tho. It was an infuriating virtue signaling reply. Casey’s reply states he supports the 2A but....after the sandy hook massacre... he knew we needed change and he goes on to invoke the sandy hook tragedy multiple times, as justification for his opposition to 2A issues as if he were pro 2A before that. So basically his office is using the sandy hook tragedy as a political cudgel to beat gun owners with. Summing up his reply, If you support gun rights you are ok with school children being murdered and he’s not so you must be a bad person. The repeated bludgeoning with the invocation of the sandy hook massacre really got under my skin and I am working on a reply letter to his reply. I could care less if my voice influencers him, I still plan on forcing his office to catalog my correspondence and waste resources dealing with my letter.
    I got the same reply from Casey. I wrote what I thought was a well thought out reply and sent it. Was auto rejected. Apparently he won't accept replies to his emails and wants to you fill out a new contact form on his website.

(Berks County)

You seem to forget that he is not representing you. He is making a career for himself.

Time for you to get WOKE.

He believes in the 2nd ammendment BUT...

(Montgomery County)

___

___

Well done.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast