Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Waffen Werks Circle 10 AK74

Anyone own one ? Looking at a 2013 Waffen Werks Circle 10 AK74 with a spam can of ammo and a few Bulgarian circle 21 saddle brown mags.. I know Waffen Werks have questionable quality but am told the older Circle 10's are good? Anyone ??????????
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Default Re: Waffen Werks Circle 10 AK74

There were ones that ran okay but they are not and were never considered excellent builds.

These were low line entry level AK rifles as far as I am concerned. Having handled a few that ran okay but were sloppy builds I wouldn’t be to fast to jump on it. Buying a cheap or shitty AR is typically an easy fix if there is an issue not as easy with an AK.

Price dictates if it’s worth it or not.

(Cumberland County)

Thanks, I am torn. From what I have read/seen the circle 10 were the better of the 74's and ones that ran well for Waffen Werks? This rifle has maybe 800 rounds through it with no issues ( reliable source ). With WW out of business as well as the company that took them over ( Destructive Devices or something like that ) if anything breaks I'm sure it's a pricey fix after finding a qualified gunsmith! Decisions, decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    There were ones that ran okay but they are not and were never considered excellent builds.
    These were low line entry level AK rifles as far as I am concerned. Having handled a few that ran okay but were sloppy builds I wouldn’t be to fast to jump on it. Buying a cheap or shitty AR is typically an easy fix if there is an issue not as easy with an AK.

Price dictates if it’s worth it or not.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

If you know how to inspect an AK like the rivets, front trunion, carrier and bolt for deformations and it’s a really good price it maybe worth a look over but I would not buy it without a full field strip and inspection.

DDI purchased WW and used what parts they could but they had to scrap a lot as well. Their early Hungarian parts kit builds were excellent (DDI) their all American builds not so much. PSA purchased them and their tooling and are doing some good work.

(Cumberland County)

Know the history and owner. He was original purchaser. Says it has never failed and a "hoot" because it ejects brass about 25 feet. Says very accurate, no key holes, etc, etc..
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Know the history and owner. He was original purchaser. Says it has never failed and a "hoot" because it ejects brass about 25 feet. Says very accurate, no key holes, etc, etc..
    I personally would still inspect it. Unless the guy is a big AK enthusiast most people don’t know what to look for when a rifle is internally beating itself to death. An AK will appear run fine even though it’s way out of spec and internally a mess. Century has proven this time and time again.

(Philadelphia County)

I remember when WW first showed up on the scene and there was a lot of hype over them. That died off within a year or two because of a variety of issues with their builds. Then they went on to curse DDI when they were acquired.

(Cumberland County)

Thanks guys - after a day of pondering, I decided to pass and not take the chance. It was a good deal, but not a crazy good one so I'll wait for the next deal
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"