Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: GOA asking for more calls/emails NOW to keep 2A pressure on Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    The GOA is a true grassroots organization.
    It fights for our 2A rights with donated money.
    GOA doesn't have a Bloomberg billionaire paying their bills.
    It costs money to fight a political war for our 2A rights.

Every group that sends out requests for action includes an appeal for a donation.
    This is standard practice with any advocacy group, it is not limited to the GOA.
    I get requests for action with included appeals for money from over a dozen different groups, 2A and otherwise.

You are not required to donate money to take the requested political action.
    The political action is always done first, and the request for money comes after.
    Everyone has the option to exit the page without donating any money.

The reason the GOA and others send out appeals for money, is because by being involved we are the only people willing to help.
    90% of gun owners don't even care enough to join the GOA/NRA/FOAC/SAF/etc let alone support the fight to protect their 2A rights.

So yeah, it's annoying, that's how these things are done, just send your 2 minute email, make your 2 minute phone call, and exit the page.
    If I choose to donate extra money to the people fighting for my 2A rights every 10th mailer or so, then their appeals are worthwhile.

They didn't kick you in the nuts, or steal your car, or screw your dog, they just asked for some 2A support so they can protect your rights.
    I don't think it's wrong for them to do so.
    The appeals for donations don’t bother me one bit, GOA is a good organization and like you said they need money to fight a political war in a town dominated by big money interests. It would be insane for gun owners who claim to care deeply about their rights to expect an organization can do the fighting for you all funded from someone else’s pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by TB3 View Post
    The appeals for donations don’t bother me one bit, GOA is a good organization and like you said they need money to fight a political war in a town dominated by big money interests. It would be insane for gun owners who claim to care deeply about their rights to expect an organization can do the fighting for you all funded from someone else’s pocket.
    This. If you don't have the money to spare, then don't donate. But every time you get annoyed with a donation request and delete the email could be a time when you are actually taking action. Redirect that frustration into something productive, like reminding our Senators and Representatives (and our President) that they serve the people and that they swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and that you expect them to vote PRO-GUN. Their willingness to infringe on our fundamental rights is the reason why orgs like GOA need to exist and solicit money in the first place.

Be thankful that GOA (and other orgs) are around and doing the bulk of the day-to-day organizing work, research, and keeping us informed about what's going on.

Fundamentally, as Berncly said, GOA is a grass roots organization. That means as much as we rely on them to defend our rights, they need US to make the calls, send the emails, write the letters, and VISIT our Senators and Representatives.

Right now it's all hands on deck. If you value your rights, it's time to get active.
    I am not a lawyer.

7 minute hold,May indicate that a lot of callers want to share their opinions also !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12