Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Moved to Beaver county, looking for new range

Hello,

I moved to Beaver county about 7 months ago. I previously lived in Allegheny county and I am a member of Pitcairn Monroeville sportsman's association. I am looking for a range a bit closer to my house. I would like a range that has a rifle and pistol Bay, preferably allows non hunting rifles, and has a shotgun Bay. I live in South heights and visited the bucktails yesterday, however I was informed that the new membership season is almost over and there is little chance I would make it in this year

Does anyone have any advice on where may be a good range to look at? I am 23, and most of my friends around here don't really shoot. I was originally from southern York county and was a member of the izaak Walton league. Would also enjoy getting to meet some of the fine folks in the firearms community up here. Preferably looking for a range that is not over 40 minutes away

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Moved to Beaver county, looking for new range

The only range in Beaver County that offers close to what you are looking for would be Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club, next to Brady’s Run Park.

All of the other clubs in the immediate area are more for “hunting” stuff, as per they have rules against drawing from a holster, no “rapid fire”, and similar rules boring range rules.

Rochester Sportsman club has openings, you need to have a valid NRA membership though(they do call to check).

Your other options would be 5 Points Hunt club(independence/Hopewell), Midland Sportsman Club(Midland/ohiovile), Ambridge Sportsman Club(Ambridge/Economy boro), Beaver Falls Sportsman association(Chippewa), and there are a few smaller hole in the walls I don’t know much about.

(York County)

Thank you very much.

I did a search of the Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol club and they seem to be exactly what I am looking for. Do you know if they have any events so I can go down and take a look and meet the members? Based on what I viewed on their website, they seem to have everything I am looking for. Do you need to have a member recommend you before you visit for the initial meeting, or do you bring the application and have one of the members fill it out?

(Beaver County)

Contact Sam Picaniny over at Master Ammo Company in Rochester, Pa. I do believe he is the vice president of the club.

Besides Sam is a good guy to know if you need ammo.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Allegheny County)

I don't think Sam is on the board anymore. Our monthly meeting is the second Monday of the month (8pm). Look at the calendar on the web site. Show up and introduce yourself.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I don't think Sam is on the board anymore. Our monthly meeting is the second Monday of the month (8pm). Look at the calendar on the web site. Show up and introduce yourself.

This is correct. Sam is no longer on the board, and he was never vice president. You don't need to go to a meeting if you don't want to, although you would be welcome if you felt like attending.

If you want to get a look at the club, there are public events every month. There's a monthly IDPA match, SASS, Hi power rifle, and trap is every weekend.

You can probably get a reference from someone on PAFOA. Once you get their info, all you have to do is mail the application to the membership secretary. You'll be voted in at the next meeting and then contacted to schedule orientation.

Just a reminder you need an NRA membership to join BVRP.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Beaver County)

Does anyone know about the Aliquippa Bucktails? I’m primarily interested in trap and skeet but I also do pistol bullseye shooting with my current club on Long Island. I’m moving to Clinton, PA and they look like a great club and was wondering if anyone here had information on their club.

Thanks

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzer View Post
    Does anyone know about the Aliquippa Bucktails? I*m primarily interested in trap and skeet but I also do pistol bullseye shooting with my current club on Long Island. I*m moving to Clinton, PA and they look like a great club and was wondering if anyone here had information on their club.

Thanks

http://www.bucktails.us/

(Beaver County)

I saw their website but was wondering if anyone had first hand experience. I should*ve been more clear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast