Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Purchased pistol new - never used it - dealer has it on Gunbroker as used?

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Also a picture is worth a thousand words. Who cares how they have the description listed, people are only going to look at pictures. I'd be more worried about how good those look...

Plus Tanner's is Top 10 on GB. I'd trust them to do it right. They have an incentive to get you the most money as well as I'm sure they're taking a percentage.
    Tanners may only be in the top ten on Gunbroker, but they're numero uno around here. Go in there on a Wednesday morning, ten minutes after they open up, and it's packed. They have a huge selection. Sometimes their prices are as good as online. Their staff is great, and they know their shit.
    Last edited by McSull; August 18th, 2019 at 11:37 AM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Purchased pistol new - never used it - dealer has it on Gunbroker as used?

Tanners has a reputation to uphold and selling a new pistol advertised as used will fare much better for them than selling a used one and calling it new. One can't blame them for obtaining and maintaining a 5 star reputation. To risk that on one sale just isn't worth it. OTOH if I bought a 'used' gun from them and felt like it was new that would fare extremely well for them. If I was selling it myself I would call it NIB or ANIB, as a buyer you would be aware that I already bought it from a dealer.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    Tanners may only be in the top ten on Gunbroker, but they're numero uno around here. Go in there on a Wednesday morning, ten minutes after they open up, and it's packed. They have a huge selection. Sometimes they're prices are as good as online. Their staff is great, and they know their shit.
    No joke they are an absolutely stand up shop your hard pressed to do better I travel over an hour and a half to shop there and I know of several others who do the same. As for the pricing I'd say they are comparable to most online prices in general depending on what you want and when they put something on sale it's really on sale. They are one of 3 shops I will shop at locally and they are technically not local to me.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Well, if Grandma had wheels, she'd be a streetcar. But she doesn't, and she's not.

The only sealed new firearm of which I am familiar is the Mossberg Shockwave which is shrink wrapped to a piece of corrugated cardboard. A dealer friend sold one to a customer who brought it back two months later, still sealed, and exchanged it and cash for a pistol. My dealer friend gave the guy 70% of what he paid for the Shockwave, then turned around and put a tag price on it that was $35 less than the new, not-previously-owned Shockwaves in inventory. "Previously Owned" the tag stated, despite being "sealed." He would tell customers, "Anybody with shrink wrap, a Seal-a-Meal, and a hair dryer can make a Shockwave look like that. It looks factory to me, but I have no way of knowing; you're looking at a used gun."

Noah
    Even the Shockwave packaging is not really sealed at all. You can pull the firearm out and put it back and have it be exactly the same. The plastic wrap gets tension because of the folding cardboard wings on either side.

(Montgomery County)

I purchased quite a few firearms off of Tanners.
    What I like is their staff knows there stuff.
    And they treat you nicely and of course they have great deals and prices of their inventory.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345