Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Purchased pistol new - never used it - dealer has it on Gunbroker as used?

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    If you buy a car new from a dealer, that dealer delivers it to your driveway on a rollback, it sits in your garage any length of time 30 seconds to 30+ years, and never driven, then you decide to sell it....it’s used.

Title was transferred at time of sale. Used

Works the same
    I cannot believe this is even a question!
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Default Re: Purchased pistol new - never used it - dealer has it on Gunbroker as used?

Quote Originally Posted by lraklrak View Post
    Now if the pistol was in a sealed bag that was never opened like so many products are would it be classified as new?
    I know firearms are not, but what if they were?
    I have magazines that are sealed in a plastic bag that I sell as new since they were never removed.
    You could have dropped the bag, your kid could have thrown it against the wall. You could have left it out in direct sunlight for months (UV radiation degrades plastic)
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Or used it in a murder.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Cumberland County)

You can argue the point all you want but the answer is the same. You wanted to know why and it has been stated several times by experienced people. It is what it is and it ain't changing. Welcome to the real world.

(Chester County)

Use the words "rare" and "Collectible" and increase the price by $200. I've seen this used successfully on this very forum.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Use the words "rare" and "Collectible" and increase the price by $200. I've seen this used successfully on this very forum.
    'Vintage' seems to have the same affect.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Elk County)

Now if the pistol was in a sealed bag that was never opened like so many products are would it be classified as new?
    I know firearms are not, but what if they were?
    I have magazines that are sealed in a plastic bag that I sell as new since they were never removed.
    Well, if Grandma had wheels, she'd be a streetcar. But she doesn't, and she's not.

The only sealed new firearm of which I am familiar is the Mossberg Shockwave which is shrink wrapped to a piece of corrugated cardboard. A dealer friend sold one to a customer who brought it back two months later, still sealed, and exchanged it and cash for a pistol. My dealer friend gave the guy 70% of what he paid for the Shockwave, then turned around and put a tag price on it that was $35 less than the new, not-previously-owned Shockwaves in inventory. "Previously Owned" the tag stated, despite being "sealed." He would tell customers, "Anybody with shrink wrap, a Seal-a-Meal, and a hair dryer can make a Shockwave look like that. It looks factory to me, but I have no way of knowing; you're looking at a used gun."

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Montgomery County)

If something has a factory seal that is not broken then the item could have never been used thus making it factory new since the factory is the ones who placed the seal on it in the first place.
    I sold two older model train sets that were factory sealed as new old stock that I had for over 30 years.
    And yes I did get the amount I was asking for them since I posted them as new old stock - never used.
    Exact ones that were used only brought half the price.
    Firearms are different this way and of course automobiles are.
    They get used so that is what they are.

(Bucks County)

If something has a factory seal that is not broken then the item could have never been used thus making it factory new since the factory is the ones who placed the seal on it in the first place.
    I sold two older model train sets that were factory sealed as new old stock that I had for over 30 years.
    And yes I did get the amount I was asking for them since I posted them as new old stock - never used.
    Just because some people are swayed by new old stock, doesn't make it so.

I get the feeling your mind is made on the matter.

Good luck with the Ruger.

(Clearfield County)

Well if you know better than the rest of the world why don't you march on down to Tanners and get the gun, then list it on gunbroker yourself however you want?

BTW new Ruger mags don't come in plastic bags.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast