Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: Purchased pistol new - never used it - dealer has it on Gunbroker as used?

I think your missing the point. Your pistol became used the moment you paid for it. Condition, shot or not has no bearing. I for one have bought several firearms from dealers that were (not shot), they were described as used and priced accordingly. It's not uncommon to find firearms that haven't been used but owned by others in shops. I like these type of finds. You get get a nice gun for a discounted price. As far as your mags go I wouldn't pay retail for them either. You may find somebody that will but that's on them.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Purchased pistol new - never used it - dealer has it on Gunbroker as used?

Also a picture is worth a thousand words. Who cares how they have the description listed, people are only going to look at pictures. I'd be more worried about how good those look...

Plus Tanner's is Top 10 on GB. I'd trust them to do it right. They have an incentive to get you the most money as well as I'm sure they're taking a percentage.

(Montgomery County)

So, from the factory to dealer for sale is factory new.
    Once it is sold at that point it is considered a used item if sold again no matter if it were used or not.
    It is absolutely impossible for a sealed item to be used if the sealed box or bag from the factory was never broken.
    Therefore, until that seal is broken and no matter how many people own it is will be considered factory new.

I have some 40/50/60yr old Colts and S&W's , unfired in original box with original wax paper wrap , paperwork , warranty cards , tools in sealed plastic bag. Some hammers have never been cocked , cylinders have never been turned. Guess what , they're still considered USED.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

Yes since they are not actually sealed where they cannot be used.
    If there was seal that had to be broken in order to use the pistol, but it was not then it still would be considered new.
    In that case it would be impossible for you to use the pistol unless the seal was broken.
    So no one could doubt if you used it or not.

I guess it is about perception. Personally if I am buying something from another person that they bought from a dealer I am not considering it as “new”. “Like new” yes. It might be splitting hairs but there is a difference.

Someone is selling a car they just bought with 30 miles on it....... and wanted to sell it to me I would not consider it new because it has been in their hands.

If someone has a brand new stereo in a box that they just bought..... and wanted to sell it to me I would not consider it new because it has been in their hands.

If someone is selling an iphone they just bought 5 minutes before..... and wanted to sell it to me I would not consider it new because it has been in their hands.

If I bought a gun from a dealer that they listed it as new, and as we were doing the transaction they said “ yeah we got this from some guy but everything was untouched so no problems” my perception would be that it was not in fact new and the ad was deceptive.

I do have an ar in my safe that is probably 2+ years old and never used. If I were to sell it I might say “like new”.... but would not list it as “new”

Just me and how I would perceive it.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by lraklrak View Post
    So, from the factory to dealer for sale is factory new.
    Once it is sold at that point it is considered a used item if sold again no matter if it were used or not.
    It is absolutely impossible for a sealed item to be used if the sealed box or bag from the factory was never broken.
    Therefore, until that seal is broken and no matter how many people own it is will be considered factory new.
    Quote Originally Posted by lraklrak View Post
    Yes since they are not actually sealed where they cannot be used.
    If there was seal that had to be broken in order to use the pistol, but it was not then it still would be considered new.
    In that case it would be impossible for you to use the pistol unless the seal was broken.
    So no one could doubt if you used it or not.
    No honey, its not new, because you bought it. Doesn't matter what you did or didn't do to it. Like I said in my other post stop making a big deal out of this, that gun is basically worthless regardless of being new or used. Calling it new is going to add exactly 0% to it's desirability. The only people in the market for a p-95 are people looking for a cheap blaster, it has no value as a collectible piece. Same with the mags, there are plenty of new p95 mags out there, nobody is going to pay you the same price they can order them for on the internet.

(Perry County)

Guns, unlike your magazines or a box of cereal have a serial number. When a 4473 is completed for that gun, it is a used gun. Doesn't matter if it's in a sealed bag, inside a sealed shipping box, that gun is now a used gun. It belonged to someone else. The exception is if a dealer sells to another dealer, since the transfer occurs only in the bound books of the dealers. I have some ARs banging around in my safe. Never fired but with a few safe scuffs and they would be sold as new-old stock with any imperfections noted, since I'm an FFL.

Being "used" isn't a bad thing if you have a collectible firearm that's 30 years old in that condition. It will sell for more than any other firearm of that type that has been fired or even opened. If you have a used gun like you do, no collectible interest, it is what it is. You'll get more than one that's been banged around for awhile but they just aren't worth much overall.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Given a choice between buying something that only the maker, the wholesaler, and the dealer touched before me, or something that some amateur took home and may have fiddled with, if they're the same price then EVERYBODY prefers the former.

That's why "used" or "previously-owned" guns cost less, because they have to cost less or people will buy brand-new, never-fucked-with.

"New" is "never sold to anybody at retail before". Everything else is some flavor of "used". It's really that simple, and almost everybody agrees with that.

Maybe it would be better if we all drove on the left side of the roads, but as long as everyone else is doing the right-side thing here, we should probably just go with that.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Berks County)

It all depends on exactly what it is that has been fiddled with, fingered up and shot. My P7 would sell quickly for twice what I paid for it, maybe more and possibley my 91. My 'NIB' 94 with all accessories factors much higher than that.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast