Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Hybrid View

(Lancaster County)

Default From looks alone which one of these 1960s era revolvers do you prefer? (Colt vs S&W)

I’m not trying to open a debate about which is the better revolver or manufacturer. From these two examples alone I just want to see how my opinion stacks up to the rest of the forums. I’m simply asking which do you consider the better looking revolver? They are a 1964/65 Smith and Wesson model 29–2 44 magnum with 6.5” barrel and a 1969 Colt Python 357 with 6” barrel. For me it’s the Smith and Wesson. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by bripro; August 16th, 2019 at 02:40 PM.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Bucks County)

Default Re: From looks alone which one of these 1960s era revolvers do you prefer? (Colt vs S

You said the Smith & Wesson? I second that.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: From looks alone which one of these 1960s era revolvers do you prefer? (Colt vs S

The barrel on the colt looks better, but everything else is more visually pleasing on the smith.

(Berks County)

In that era the Smith had a more "updated" look to it IMHO.

Subjective, of course.

(Chester County)

Both.

(Lancaster County)

I just think it’s funny how our own opinions, well at least my own opinion, changes. About 10 years ago if a wheel gun didn’t have a full under lug I thought it looked like it was missing something. That was even regardless of the barrel length. Somewhere between now and then I started preferring the half lug look. I still haven’t warmed up to the non shrouded ejector rod but who knows, 10 years ago I wanted to hang everything I could on my AR as well. I’ve gone completely full circle there as well.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    The barrel on the colt looks better, but everything else is more visually pleasing on the smith.
    This is the correct answer