Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: I earned a PA Act 235, but was denied a conceal carry permit.

When I was in class for my ACT 235 at LEASOT Academy, the instructor told me that you can travel with your weapon (this was when i was waiting to get my Concealed Carry approval letter) as long as it is in a locked case and the bullets in a separate container and in a separate part of the vehicle. (Basically gun inside locked case in passenger seat and box of bullets in the trunk or vice versa).

Quote Originally Posted by HoggyBear Thoughts View Post
    When I was in class for my ACT 235 at LEASOT Academy, the instructor told me that you can travel with your weapon (this was when i was waiting to get my Concealed Carry approval letter) as long as it is in a locked case and the bullets in a separate container and in a separate part of the vehicle. (Basically gun inside locked case in passenger seat and box of bullets in the trunk or vice versa).
    Did he say that because you had your ACT 235? You have links to the statutes and State police website in this thread so you can research it yourself and not be going based on what someone else said (whether people on this site or the instructor). The exceptions are listed in post 20 for you to check yourself.

(Montgomery County)

When lawfully transporting, the gun must be unloaded and cased/bagged, and stored in the trunk or rear storage area, not the passenger seat.
    When lawfully transporting, ammo can be with the gun as long as the gun is unloaded and the ammo is in a separate container/pouch.
    You need to find out if you are in fact lawfully transporting, and you need to find out how to appeal your LTCF denial.
    You really should talk to Phil immediately.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    When lawfully transporting, the gun must be unloaded and cased/bagged, and stored in the trunk or rear storage area, not the passenger seat.
    When lawfully transporting, ammo can be with the gun as long as the gun is unloaded and the ammo is in a separate container/pouch.
    You need to find out if you are in fact lawfully transporting, and you need to find out how to appeal your LTCF denial.
    You really should talk to Phil immediately.
    Like I said ianal he needs one and not just any one but one who is a firearms lawyer. That said. It’s well discussed and cited in other threads that the destinations allowed are ffl dealer gunsmith and place to shoot. Gas and bathrooms not included. It’s another world with the ltcf. Things get somewhat normal. Even the site for the act235 states you will be needing a ltcf. What a wonder that someone teaching act235 gets it wrong. Most lawyers, judges, prosecutors and cops don’t know firearms law. Prohibited is really tough to come back from. Not many do.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Erie County)

Well, guess what? He was dead wrong. And if you should be apprehended with your firearm on the way to or from work, you will probably lose you right to own a firearm. Please speak to a knowledgeable lawyer. The law is pretty clear on this. Have you read ANY of the information more than a few of us have given you. Especially the info from the other poster from Erie, which specifically mentions Act 235 qualification not being a substitute for a LTCF. OK, I'm done. You are either stubborn or very dense. You deserve any penalties you may incur.

(Erie County)

My first post pertains to your situation.

This link pertains to the PA Uniform Firearms Act, which is something you need to know; https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...&div=0&chpt=61

Good luck on your appeal, but as always, obey the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123