Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Is two months until expiration too early to start renewal process?

Hello, I live in Philly and recently received a notice that my LTCF will expire in 60 days. It expires 10-17. It included a renewal form. Can I start the process this week, or do I need to wait longer? It didn't say on the notice. I'd hate to go all the way down to 660 Erie only to be told I'm too early. I already printed out my proofs of residency and got a MO. I only need to get a passport sized pic. Any help appreciated.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Is two months until expiration too early to start renewal process?

Quote Originally Posted by Tmygun View Post
    Hello, I live in Philly and recently received a notice that my LTCF will expire in 60 days. It expires 10-17. It included a renewal form. Can I start the process this week, or do I need to wait longer? It didn't say on the notice. I'd hate to go all the way down to 660 Erie only to be told I'm too early. I already printed out my proofs of residency and got a MO. I only need to get a passport sized pic. Any help appreciated.
    Id do it now.

(Bucks County)

I agree with icp on this...get it done now before you forget or philly tries to pass some stupid laws. I always renew mine as soon as I get the notice.

(Montgomery County)

Should be good to renew.
    If they sent the notice it should not be a problem.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Thanks very much, I appreciate it. If there's any problems I'll tell them you guys on here told me it was okay

(Montgomery County)

Thanks very much, I appreciate it. If there's any problems I'll tell them you guys on here told me it was okay
    For extra authorita, make sure you say you got the ok from the guy that pooped today

Seriously though, I don't think there is any cut off date for early renewal, you could probably renew a year early if you wanted to.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Erie County)

So...you need to provide your own photo? Philadelphia is really strange. And a money order? Erie only takes cash.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    So...you need to provide your own photo? Philadelphia is really strange. And a money order? Erie only takes cash.
    Yes, a passport sized photo and a $20.00 money order made out to the city of Philadelphia. I'm glad I only need to go through all of that every five years.

(Northumberland County)

Columbia county used to be like that too. Where you had to provide your own photo. Not sure if it is still like that now.
    Member of Zerbe Township Rod & Gun Club.

(Juniata County)

Yes, a passport sized photo and a $20.00 money order made out to the city of Philadelphia. I'm glad I only need to go through all of that every five years.
    There is no requirement to provide a photo. That requirement is illegal and in violation of the law. And more then likely one, if not both of the court orders they're under from lawsuits they've lost for violating the law.

Get a lawyer.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast