Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Is two months until expiration too early to start renewal process?

I got down to the LTCF unit today and it was pretty crowded. I signed in at about 9:10 and got out about 12:15. Everything went smoothly (aside from the waiting), as I had everything needed and in order. I had a nice young lady take care of me. Overall a good experience. I only wish I left early enough to get there when it first opened, so I could be one of the first to sign in. Now the wait. But my LTCF is still good for almost 2 more months, so it should be ready before this one expires.
    Thanks for all the input.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tmygun View Post
    I got down to the LTCF unit today and it was pretty crowded. I signed in at about 9:10 and got out about 12:15. Everything went smoothly (aside from the waiting), as I had everything needed and in order. I had a nice young lady take care of me. Overall a good experience. I only wish I left early enough to get there when it first opened, so I could be one of the first to sign in. Now the wait. But my LTCF is still good for almost 2 more months, so it should be ready before this one expires.
    Well done.
    Help us protect our right to arms, join us in Harrisburg Sept 24-25 to stand for the 2A.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Indiana County)

Meanwhile, in Indiana County, I was in and out in under ten minutes, with the new LTCF in my hot little grubbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Meanwhile, in Indiana County, I was in and out in under ten minutes, with the new LTCF in my hot little grubbies.
    Not rubbing it in or anything are you? On another positive note, the unnecessary fingerprinting is much quicker now; you simply place your right and left thumb on a machine and wait a minute or two to see if it takes. I know it's not much, but it's highly advanced for Philly.

(Indiana County)

Not rubbing it in or anything are you? On another positive note, the unnecessary fingerprinting is much quicker now; you simply place your right and left thumb on a machine and wait a minute or two to see if it takes. I know it's not much, but it's highly advanced for Philly.
    So why can't Philadelphia simplify the process the way the other 66 counties in the Commonwealth do it?

24 days and nothing yet.

(Franklin County)

24 days and nothing yet.
    Calm down. They legally have 45 days to issue or deny.

Yes, it's a pain. Yes, some counties will issue on the spot, but at 24 days, they are still well within the confines of the legal window.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Calm down. They legally have 45 days to issue or deny.

Yes, it's a pain. Yes, some counties will issue on the spot, but at 24 days, they are still well within the confines of the legal window.
    Oh I'm calm, I still have till October 17th on my current license. And in reality (for Philly) it's only been about 16 or so days, since they say that only business days count. Not to mention Labor day. Of course we know that flies in the face of the rest of PA, but they get away with it. I can't remember how long it took for my first LTCF from Philly, but I seem to remember it being fairly quick, comparatively speaking.

(Allegheny County)

unless Philly is different!! and it just could be ...you should have 6 months PAST your expiration date and still be OK.. That's what was printed on my renewal letter from the other side of the state.. ( in Philly I wouldn't want to try it ) and you can renew early but your NEW LTCF starts over on the new date, so 5 years from that date not from when the old one expired.

(Philadelphia County)

As result of lawsuit, they have been holding to the 40 tolal (not business) days. Last time I did it, it was about 30 when I received notice to pick it up.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast