Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Juniata County)

Default Re: Is two months until expiration too early to start renewal process?

Quote Originally Posted by Tmygun View Post
    Yes, a passport sized photo and a $20.00 money order made out to the city of Philadelphia. I'm glad I only need to go through all of that every five years.
    There is no requirement to provide a photo. That requirement is illegal and in violation of the law. And more then likely one, if not both of the court orders they're under from lawsuits they've lost for violating the law.

Get a lawyer.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    There is no requirement to provide a photo. That requirement is illegal and in violation of the law. And more then likely one, if not both of the court orders they're under from lawsuits they've lost for violating the law.

Get a lawyer.
    They also do fingerprinting. I don't see anything about that in the state laws about LTCF. Does any other licensing authority require that? Another interesting thing I found, on the PA SP site, was that if you pass the checks, and fill out the forms correctly, the county MAY issue your license. Funny, I thought PA was a SHALL issue state.

The exact wording:
    "If the PICS check is approved and the subject is of good character, the sheriff may issue a License to Carry Firearms."

From https://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-info...nsylvania.aspx

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post

Get a lawyer.
    A legitimate suggestion. I balked at a very similar "request" in my local county by not complying. The application was kicked back to me. I consulted an experienced 2A attorney who agreed that I may technically be right, but a favorable verdict was a coin toss and offered some insightful thoughts on why what they wanted could reasonably be considered part of the "investigation" the sheriff is compelled to complete. Based on my respect for the attorney, and his history of sound advice, I provided what was requested.

I share this because I consider myself a pretty adamant "no exceptions" opponent to BS interference with my rights, and I'd like to think that's how I'm known by others, but this type of thing is a little more gray area than something like "your references must be from this county", so based on the odds, and expense involved, I decided it was a really bad gamble.

I'd absolutely support anyone who decided to mount such a challenge, but would hope they were entering into it with a clear understanding of the entirety of the situation.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Bucks County)

The more is better syndrome. A part of that syndrome being, they cannot control criminals and that makes them look and feel bad so they control those they can, in the belief that they look like they are accomplishing above and beyond.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Bucks county never sent out 60-day notices for all the years a particular sheriff held the office. Don't know what the current sheriff is doing.
    I didn't get a notice. Mine old one expired in April 19.

(Bucks County)

This thread made me pull out mine. Expires end of 2022. Got enough time to renew and the state enough time to screw my and our rights.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234