Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: So who else is a libertarian?

Philosophically I am libertarian. I have always voted Republican because realistically we are a two party system. I can bitch about how we are suppose to be more..... but it doesn’t matter. We are what we are.

My vote can matter one of two ways. I can vote for the party that I prefer of the two.

Or

I can vote 3rd party which helps the party that I don’t prefer of the two.

I choose to vote for the party that I prefer and make my vote matter that way. There are representatives in the Republican Party who are far from perfect and some who just plain suck. But I agree with Republican Party platform philosophically more than the Democratic Party.

Btw.... every day I wake up and realize I am not saying “President Clinton” I am very content with my vote. I truly hope that come January of 2021 I am not saying President Sanders, Biden, Harris, O’Rourke, Warren etc........

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    That is T-shirt worthy!
    +1

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by pacodelahoya View Post
    I'm a libertarian at heart, but vote republican because of democrats.
    That's pretty much me too.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thdimension View Post
    I am a libertarian but typically sided with Republicans since they were usually the best option when compared to libtards. Trump and Republicans in general have really lost my support recently with their gun control antics. Fuck'em!. I am really tired of Republicans and libtards at this point.
    Me, but I'm still voting for Trump until we get another SCOTUS pick and a few more other court appointments. Up until 2016, I voted Libertarian, but now I'm a single issue voter and the best way that I see to protect the 2A is proper court stacking. That's just the way it is.

Whether or not Trump personally likes bumpstocks and such is irrelevant. The long term protection of the 2A starts with the courts.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

I'm registered Constitutionalist , but generally vote Republican.

FWIW; employers who keep copies/records of your PA drivers license , or anyone with your DoB and PA D/L# can easily find out which party you registered to. Not supposed to , but they can.

https://www.pavoterservices.pa.gov/P...ionstatus.aspx
    Last edited by abner13; August 16th, 2019 at 11:00 AM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thdimension View Post
    I am a libertarian but typically sided with Republicans since they were usually the best option when compared to libtards. Trump and Republicans in general have really lost my support recently with their gun control antics. Fuck'em!. I am really tired of Republicans and libtards at this point.
    You're in a Catch 22 on this forum and maybe in general. The Republicans promise the world but generally end up only slightly better than the Democrats when actual votes get cast. "R's" labor under the mistaken belief that if they pander to moderates and left leaners, they may pick up some votes. Libertarians tend to support my views more accurately, but voting for one will almost certainly cause a Republican to lose. A big piece of the me that is a "cut off my nose to spite my face" personality wants to vote Libertarian to send the Republicans a hearty "F" you in the hopes that they might change. But doing so will lead to a few years of chaos while the Republicans figure it out, during which time the Democrats will run rampant over most if not all of our rights.

So I continue to vote "R" and say that the judicial appointments are a worthwhile trade off. But, I gotta tell you, Trump and the other Republicans have REALLY disappointed me on guns, healthcare, tax reform and border control and one of these days the overgrown kid that I can sometimes regrettably be is going to have a voting tantrum! That may well happen this time if the Republicans cave in any meaningful way on gun control!

As I've said before, "R's" play good defensive ball and are good at blocking "D's" law making attempts, but are not so good at leading from the front. Although I don't want to necessarily test my theory, I believe that if the "R's" lost power, they would not only not cave to "D's" on gun control, instead they would fight even harder for us in an attempt to win back the base. Although if we lost both House and Senate along with the White House, we would be in trouble because the "D's" most CERTAINLY know how to lead from the front and will waste no time in ramming through all of their pet plans.
    So I guess for now, the only solution is to vote Republican as long as they don't shaft us again.

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    You're in a Catch 22 on this forum and maybe in general. The Republicans promise the world but generally end up only slightly better than the Democrats when actual votes get cast. "R's" labor under the mistaken belief that if they pander to moderates and left leaners, they may pick up some votes. Libertarians tend to support my views more accurately, but voting for one will almost certainly cause a Republican to lose. A big piece of the me that is a "cut off my nose to spite my face" personality wants to vote Libertarian to send the Republicans a hearty "F" you in the hopes that they might change. But doing so will lead to a few years of chaos while the Republicans figure it out, during which time the Democrats will run rampant over most if not all of our rights.

So I continue to vote "R" and say that the judicial appointments are a worthwhile trade off. But, I gotta tell you, Trump and the other Republicans have REALLY disappointed me on guns, healthcare, tax reform and border control and one of these days the overgrown kid that I can sometimes regrettably be is going to have a voting tantrum! That may well happen this time if the Republicans cave in any meaningful way on gun control!

As I've said before, "R's" play good defensive ball and are good at blocking "D's" law making attempts, but are not so good at leading from the front. Although I don't want to necessarily test my theory, I believe that if the "R's" lost power, they would not only not cave to "D's" on gun control, instead they would fight even harder for us in an attempt to win back the base. Although if we lost both House and Senate along with the White House, we would be in trouble because the "D's" most CERTAINLY know how to lead from the front and will waste no time in ramming through all of their pet plans.
    So I guess for now, the only solution is to vote Republican as long as they don't shaft us again.
    It is certainly difficult to tell the difference between the Rs and the Ds today.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

A lot of libertarians run as Republicans. I've always suspected David Parker was a libertarian. His stance on issues seemed to imply that. I supported him when he was my representative.

(Wyoming County)

Since I first registered to vote I registered as a "R". I was young, naive and not very politically active. Never much gave it any thought for 25+ years.

As I slowly became more Politically aware I learned I was more a Libertarian in ideology. When PA did their recent enhanced emergency protection orders I over-reacted and switched parties to Libertarian, wrote a letter to both my State Senator(Lisa Baker-R) and my State Rep.(Karen Boback-R) and sent them a picture of my new registration card and told them I was financially done with the Rep party. While I have since come to consider my action premature - it did earn me a phone call from Boback.

Long story short- as far as I'm concerned the republicans have done nothing to encourage me to return to the party. There are many on this board that are still able to sway me to voting for the lesser of 2 evils but as far as I'm concerned the only difference between the 2 parties is- while the Republicans are walking us to the cliff, the Democrats are going pedal to the floor towards it.

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast