Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Charged with murder during a crime

In this story, 5 criminals tried to steal a car. The homeowner shot one of the thieves. His accomplices are being charged with his murder.

It’s easy to say “fuck em” but I agree with the author of the article to an extent. I think the thieves should be charged with attempting to steal a car and any other crimes they may have actually committed. I think the homeowner was justified in his actions. I do not think the others thieves should be charged with murder however. I am not a fan of charging people with crimes they did not commit.

What do you say?

https://www.newser.com/story/279176/...nt-commit.html

Homeowner Shoots Teen, but Murder Charges Go Elsewhere

5 teens charged because police say they were committing a burglary at time of shooting

Five Illinois teens are charged as adults with first-degree murder in the shooting death of a 14-year-old—despite not touching the trigger. The deceased was fatally shot in the head by a homeowner in Old Mill Creek who described an attempt to steal a 2011 Audi from his driveway around 1:15am Tuesday, reports ABC News. According to police, the 75-year-old homeowner told the suspects to leave, then fired at least three shots from his porch as two individuals approached, one with "something in his hand." All suspects took off in a 2015 Lexus SUV reported stolen two days earlier, leaving behind a knife, before encountering officers three miles away, police say, per NBC Chicago. A 17-year-old "calling for help" was arrested, while the 14-year-old was whisked to a hospital where he died. The remaining suspects allegedly led police on a chase until the SUV ran out of gas.

Those suspects were detained after a brief foot chase, police say. A 16-year-old, three 17-year-olds, and 18-year-old Diamond Davis—each from Chicago and held on a $1 million bond—are now charged with first-degree murder as they were "in commission of a forcible felony" when their friend was shot, according to the Lake County Sheriff's Office. In Illinois, a person can be charged with murder if a death occurs during the commission of a serious crime, even if there is no intent to kill. But at least one person wants that to change. "This provision, known as the felony murder rule, is unjust" and "downright shameful" when applied to children, writes Chicago Tribune columnist Dahleen Glanton. If the suspects did intend to commit a burglary, they "deserve to be held accountable," she says, not "charged with a murder they did not commit." (Read more first-degree murder stories.)

(Berks County)

Default Re: Charged with murder during a crime

I see your point but since I hates thieves and think they should all have been shot I'm good with it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Their actions caused their cohort to be shot and killed.Fuck em!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Bucks County)

What difference does it make what they charge them with? These poor kids are just troubled Chicago youth from a bad home.

They will be out before they are 25.

(Lehigh County)

(Carbon County)

this is not news and many states have this law
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Berks County)

Someone dies while you committed a felony, you are responsible. Your actions led to their death. Don’t be a criminal.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Monroe County)

Part of that play stupid games with stupid prizes.

You and your butt buddies think it's a great idea to pull this shit and one of then gets killed- it's your fault. Any one of them could of walked away.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Someone dies while you committed a felony, you are responsible. Your actions led to their death. Don’t be a criminal.
    Yep, called felony homicide. So sorry, so sad.

(Bucks County)

Fuck those assholes

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast