Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Charged with murder during a crime

Quote Originally Posted by jesemd View Post
    I will ask the question no one else wants to. Was it worth taking a life to protect your Audi?

If the thugs were threatening the man, he had a right to defend himself. However he also could have gone inside and called the police. Or tossed them the keys.

Putting aside morals and law, the economic impact to this man of hiring attorneys, having to move due to public outcry and antifa protests, etc will surely exceed the deductible on the Audi.
    Why do you assume that just because he tossed them the keys they would have stopped there? What if he did retreat inside and they followed him in? You don't know what they were thinking, but turning your back on them would have been incredibly dangerous.

Maybe the question should be, was their life worth the Audi?

It seldom goes well when you give in to the criminals. Just ask any one of the people that nicely walked into that cooler and then were shot in the back of the head all those years ago.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Southern South Western South Eastern York county, Pennsylvania

I’m not saying he shouldn’t have defended himself. I’m just saying that retreating to inside the home may have prevented a shooting, lots of heartache on both ends and a media firestorm.

Perhaps I read the story incorrectly and he had no choice, but I’ve seen guys randomly shoot at car thieves too many times.

If he went inside the house and they tried to enter, then there is absolutely no choice but to use force to protect yourself. But someone is more than welcome to have my car...I’m not going to shoot someone for that.

(Allegheny County)

No need to charge them with murder.

Just execute ALL of them for the crime they committed.

I have the answers to all of life's tough questions.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Why do you assume that just because he tossed them the keys they would have stopped there? What if he did retreat inside and they followed him in? You don't know what they were thinking, but turning your back on them would have been incredibly dangerous.

Maybe the question should be, was their life worth the Audi?

It seldom goes well when you give in to the criminals. Just ask any one of the people that nicely walked into that cooler and then were shot in the back of the head all those years ago.
    agreed no way to assure they would not have continued to go after him into his home to make sure he could not call the police. Just because you retreat doesn't mean the threat has ended. I don't even feel like this was unfortunate for the kid who was shot. The unfortunate thing is that if this result occurred more often there would be a whole lot less crime for fear of this exact situation.

Just a statistical truism: All but one of the kids involved will commit more crimes.

Look at the aftermath of the Bernie Goetz shootings; I think the only one of the 4 punks he shot who didn't commit additional crimes was the one he put in a wheelchair, and I'm not so sure about him, either.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Wayne County)

I’m not saying he shouldn’t have defended himself. I’m just saying that retreating to inside the home may have prevented a shooting, lots of heartache on both ends and a media firestorm.

Perhaps I read the story incorrectly and he had no choice, but I’ve seen guys randomly shoot at car thieves too many times.

If he went inside the house and they tried to enter, then there is absolutely no choice but to use force to protect yourself. But someone is more than welcome to have my car...I’m not going to shoot someone for that.
    I'll be right over. What was your address again?
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Berks County)

I will ask the question no one else wants to. Was it worth taking a life to protect your Audi?

If the thugs were threatening the man, he had a right to defend himself. However he also could have gone inside and called the police. Or tossed them the keys.

Putting aside morals and law, the economic impact to this man of hiring attorneys, having to move due to public outcry and antifa protests, etc will surely exceed the deductible on the Audi.
    When the scum complete their juvie time you can have them move into your abode and give them lots of hugs while teaching them the difference between right and wrong.

Southern South Western South Eastern York county, Pennsylvania

Wow. Lots of haters here. I never said thugs need hugs. I said that personally, if I have an opportunity to remove myself from the conflict and NOT shoot someone, to me that is the better outcome. Even if it comes at the loss of a car, or TV, or a lawn gnome. And that I would not shoot someone simply for stealing my car.

Threaten my life or my family and things change....

(Berks County)

Wow. Lots of haters here. I never said thugs need hugs. I said that personally, if I have an opportunity to remove myself from the conflict and NOT shoot someone, to me that is the better outcome. Even if it comes at the loss of a car, or TV, or a lawn gnome. And that I would not shoot someone simply for stealing my car.

Threaten my life or my family and things change....
    I don't consider it hatred, more like tough love.

Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast