Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWB Holster

(Northampton County)

Default IWB Holster

I'm a fairly new gun owner. I received my LTCF last week so I bought a holster. I don't plan to carry but there's been some crazy stuff happening lately.

I bought a Werkz M2 for my Glock 19 with TLR-6. (no picture for this one for some reason) I also considered an Alien Gear Shapeshift 4.0

The Werks has good retention and fits perfectly, but there's no barrier between the holster plastic (or whatever the material is called) and your body. The back of slide and handle rubs against your body. Not very comfortable. The Alien Gear comes with a piece leather or some other kind of soft material barrier between the holster and the body that comes up to the end of the slide and part of the handle.

Any suggestions?

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: IWB Holster

You said you already bought the Werkz which I don't have but i do have the Alien Gear. I'm not sure what your question is- "how to make the Werkz work?" lol🙂.

I like to wear an undershirt between me and the IWB holster whichever brand I'm wearing

(Beaver County)

Wearing a T shirt underneath if it bothers you is a good suggestion. Getting a holster with a larger body shield that extends all the way up to the end of the slide is another option. Getting used to it is a third option.

If you've never carried before, anything is going to feel odd at first. Kydex IWB holsters bother some people and not others. I carry AIWB every day with a Kydex holster, and for me there was just an adjustment period, as I transitioned from my old IWB holster that was leather.

The truth is no matter what you do it will take you a while to get used to it.

Most importantly, if you decide to carry, PLEASE learn proper techniques for drawing and reholstering. There are safe ways to do it, and there are many ways that make it easy to shoot yourself.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by HRoark View Post
    Most importantly, if you decide to carry, PLEASE learn proper techniques for drawing and reholstering. There are safe ways to do it, and there are many ways that make it easy to shoot yourself.
    Already working on this.

(Lycoming County)

Undershirts will be your knew best friend. Seriously.

(Montgomery County)

Holsters are a personal preference for your needs and comfort, and it may take some time to figure out what is best for you.
    Personally I find that for my comfort less holster works better than more.

I carry a G23 (G19 frame) in a Relentless Tactical leather holster and find it very comfortable.
    https://www.amazon.com/Relentless-Ta...ay&sr=8-3&th=1

I also wear a good quality 1-1/2 inch reinforced carry belt which is essential for good holster comfort and performance.
    There are many good carry belts available, this one from Relentless Tactical is as good as any.
    https://www.amazon.com/Relentless-Ta...ZJ2AKP7E2HM369

Carry belt size should be one size larger than your pants waist size to allow room for the inside the waistband holster.
    As an example, if you are a size 32 you would get a size 34 carry belt.

I also like that it is a clip-on holster which makes it very easy to put on and off as needed.
    When I take off my gun at home I remove it together with the holster so the holster acts as a trigger guard safety.
    Keeping your G19 within the holster is a good way to help prevent negligent discharges as you become familiar with safe gun handling.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

I carry everyday. bigfoot belt. alien gear 3.5

belt is super sturdy

3.5 iwb is really comfortable. not impressed with the shape shift. i want the best of a single product instead of one that's ok doing multiple tasks

(Butler County)

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck. I can carry a Browning Hi Power all day with no problem. Kinda the same shape as an Alien gear. Wear it for a week and it will form to your shape and be even more comfy

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post

Undershirts will be your knew best friend. Seriously.
    Ditto.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(York County)

I wear an IWB Garrity "Inconspicuous" holster. It gets stuck to my side when I don't wear a tshirt, and removes little bits of skin if it stays against me too long. I bonded a piece of sheepskin to the inside of the holster and it works great with very little added bulk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast