Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Wolf executive order

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    How do we start a recall campaign against governor wolf?
    I honestly doubt we could garner enough support that we could successfully recall him. Then he'd be even more emboldened since he "has the will of the people" behind him.

When was the last time a governor was successfully recalled?

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    How do we start a recall campaign against governor wolf?
    Does the PA Constitution have provisions for citizen recall of the Governor?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by TB3 View Post
    How did we not manage to vote this douche bag out?? I swear, I’m getting really let down with “our side” I know we have the numbers but we can’t get out and make noise like the other side does. I realize people have jobs and busy lives but really it’s not that hard to make our voices louder. How many of us call and write these legislators, how many of us urge others to do the same, how many of us actually do more then just bitch on line and on the comments sections of various sites. I’m not saying anyone in this thread is guilty I’m just asking the question are we really all fighting or just talking about fighting. I’m constantly reading comments from people other places saying all manner of “shall not be infringed” “come and take it” “cold dead hands” , and while those are all valid statements and I use them myself what I’m not hearing from those people is how they write and email their reps and how they’ve contacted the president or joined to GOA or other group or donated to the groups bringing lawsuits. These politicians are scum, I can’t stand them but that doesn’t stop me from trying my best to influence them with threatening their cushy employment status. I’m getting really discouraged lately. The turn out at the May rally in Harrisburg was good as far as 2A rally’s go big in reality in a state like PA it should have been easily double that. Just in the wake of these past shootings I’ve seen multiple “marches” or “rally’s” that put ours in May to shame.
    The solution isn't to make more noise to the politicians, but instead to make ourselves more visible in society. Take people to the range. Take their kids to the range. Speak up to teachers, ministers, local business owners, etc. Be the person everyone knows instead of keeping to ourselves. Wear gun related t shirts and hats everywhere and have bumper stickers. Be the norm in society rather than being told what it is by those who hate us.

Winning elections doesn't work if you don't first win the ideas of the public the other 364 days of the year.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    90% of those deaths caused by people using guns to murder other people happen in 4 cities in PA. Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh and Allentown. The solution then is to make it harder for people living in the suburbs to protect themselves from the people from those cities. Any place that is run by democrats is run down and dangerous place to go or live.
    Hey, let's be fair. A lot of us are in those four cities as well and don't want more restrictions.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    90% of those deaths caused by people using guns to murder other people happen in 4 cities in PA. Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh and Allentown. The solution then is to make it harder for people living in the suburbs to protect themselves from the people from those cities. Any place that is run by democrats is run down and dangerous place to go or live.
    And 99% of those are long time violent assholes like Maurice Hill. Yet they roam free......Do we even have a law enforcement community? They're great at writing meaningless traffic tickets but protecting the public? Not a democrat chance in Hell.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Monroe County)

shit stain postponed it due to philly
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    The solution isn't to make more noise to the politicians, but instead to make ourselves more visible in society. Take people to the range. Take their kids to the range. Speak up to teachers, ministers, local business owners, etc. Be the person everyone knows instead of keeping to ourselves. Wear gun related t shirts and hats everywhere and have bumper stickers. Be the norm in society rather than being told what it is by those who hate us.

Winning elections doesn't work if you don't first win the ideas of the public the other 364 days of the year.
    I agree and I engage in those things daily, I’m wearing a pafoa hat right now and a ruger t shirt. Took my brother in law to the range for his first time ever firing a gun on Saturday. I try and normalize firearms culture every and dispel common myths every chance I get, but I really do believe we need to be a constant and not easily ignored voice in the ears of these politicians, I can’t tell you how many people I’ve engaged over the years that like guns and shooting and when the topic of gun control comes up I ask if they vote and they say no my vote doesn’t count or some such thing. In fact, the ex boyfriend of my other sister has been calling me lately because he just got his first AR rifle and he’s had some questions. He knows I build and shoot a lot. We got on the topic of gun control and he’s one that doesn’t vote, I asked him what about when they ban that rifle you just bought? He shrugged and said I guess I’ll have to turn it in..I’ve since been working on him and will continue to bust his chops and get him registered to vote then come election time will be again bugging him. We need to really keep the heat on these politicians. They go where the loudest voice leads them.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Scott Wagner was the GOP nominee opposing Wolf. I (and many others) worked hard for his campaign, but it was not enough.

Yes, the PA GOP (Val DiGiorgio) talked like they supported him, but in reality did nothing.

The PA GOP is funded in large part by Bob Asher (Asher chocolates) who is a #neverTrumper. So, no money went to Wagner, Barletta, and others. Our opposition had much more funding, in every race.

We have a new PA GOP chair. Things should get better, but will take time.

My question: did everyone in this forum vote against Wolf? My guess is that many did not even vote.

Did everyone get at least 2 other pro-gun people to the polls? (I doubt it.)

Does everyone know that statewide, Democrats have a major voter registration advantage? Democrats: 4,033,475 Republicans: 3,231,565 Other Parties and Non Affiliated: 1,213,069

So D's have an 800k advantage over R's. (One can assume that "others" split about evenly or slight advantage D.) So, beating D's at the polls is all about us turning out at a much higher rate than D's.

To do that, everyone voting against the D's must bring 2 people to the polls who would not normally vote.

Gun owners are just too busy to vote or they're all the same so why bother. Whatever the excuse gun owners as a voting block doesn't exist any longer.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

The Bald Headed Chicken Choker Wolf along with Shit for Brains Casey is speaking now on Channel 6
    Wants to ban “Weapons of War” Casey says we have to do this for the children,,,,We are Americans and we don’t surrender.
    Root of the problem is to many weapons! To many handguns!
    Wow what a shit show! Live out of Philadelphia.....
    Last edited by loknload; August 15th, 2019 at 02:41 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by loknload View Post
    The Bald Headed Chicken Choker Wolf along with Shit for Brains Casey is speaking now on Channel 6
    Wants to ban “Weapons of War” Casey says we have to do this for the children,,,,We are Americans and we don’t surrender.
    Root of the problem is to many weapons! To many handguns!
    Wow what a shit show! Live out of Philadelphia.....
    Of course they have to politize it....ban assault weapons...weapons of war....so is a Glock19...are they going to ban that?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast