Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    (Union County)

Default Re: Wolf executive order

Sure Commie Tommy Wolfe recognizes the 2nd Amendment and Article 1 Section 21 of our State Constitution.

He sees them, recognizes them, and despises them.

(Susquehanna County)

Here's my short note to Wolfe:

I just read about your "Sweeping Executive Order to Reduce Gun Violence" if there's anything that you should be working on it is getting facts correct. Since the "subject du jour" is "gun violence" (a phony term in itself since a gun is an implement and requires human control to activate) you should know that according to the FBI the year 2017 saw 735 Murders in Pa. of that number firearms were used in 567 (source Table 20 FBI UCR 2017). A far cry from the 1,600 violent fatalities you hope others shall think of as murders.

No matter the number, and no matter the weapon used it is too many, but seriously if you want something done start demanding strict enforcement of the Commonwealth's laws! There are more than ample laws to force those of questionable mental health into temporary evaluation, more than ample to pursue and indict those who'd do straw purchases or those who'd lie and try to obtain guns from legal sources. Or "prohibited persons" illegally in possession of firearms.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Luzerne County)

Do we have any recourse to deal with this? Since its an executive order, what can we do? Aside from calling and writing.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa View Post
    Do we have any recourse to deal with this? Since its an executive order, what can we do? Aside from calling and writing.
    Elect a Republican Governor who can get rid of all Wolf EO's with the stroke of a pen like Trump did to Obama's.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    Why don't we find and propel candidates from our own ranks? We should work to put something together that would help prospective candidates get into and win local and state races. Would something like that be against the site rules in regards to it's incorporation status?

I'm a nobody and I'd totally run for something. I'm not in the best districts (jerry-mandered to hell) but I don't have any skeletons in my closet.
    We are able to politically organize here as much as we want.
    PAFOA cannot officially endorse our political activity.
    As long as that separation exists we as forum users are good to go.

If you want to run for office please do so.
    PA gun owners must start to participate in politics.

We need to offer organic 2A candidates from among our ranks just like the Tea Party did before.
    I will support any grassroots 2A candidate here willing to make the effort to run for political office.

The only way to protect the 2A in PA is for us to take back control of our politics at all levels of government.
    Complaining that there are no true Conservative candidates is not enough, we must make the transition from passive to active participation in our government.

No elected office is too big or too small.
    School board, township board, city council, state rep, whatever.
    We must start participating in the political process and taking an active role in our own governance.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post

We need to offer organic 2A candidates from among our ranks just like the Tea Party did before.
    I will support any grassroots 2A candidate here willing to make the effort to run for political office.

The only way to protect the 2A in PA is for us to take back control of our politics at all levels of government.
    Complaining that there are no true Conservative candidates is not enough, we must make the transition from passive to active participation in our government.

We must start participating in the political process and taking an active role in our own governance.
    Well said

(Berks County)

Only a glutton for punishment would take a seat on a School Board or Twp.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Only a glutton for punishment would take a seat on a School Board or Twp.
    Yes.
    I think it's time that the 2A community accepts a little self sacrifice and punishment to save our rights and our country.
    It's our turn.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Yes.
    I think it's time that the 2A community accepts a little self sacrifice and punishment to save our rights and our country.
    It's our turn.
    Now you're pushing the limits!
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    Why don't we find and propel candidates from our own ranks? We should work to put something together that would help prospective candidates get into and win local and state races. Would something like that be against the site rules in regards to it's incorporation status?

I'm a nobody and I'd totally run for something. I'm not in the best districts (jerry-mandered to hell) but I don't have any skeletons in my closet.
    Yes we should 'propel' candidates from our ranks.... that's the point I was making. Otherwise we allow ourselves to be governed by our opposition.

As for you running, there is lots of "how to" info around already. The problem for now is that you'll need to wait a couple of years. It is too late for 2019 municipal elections and they don't come around again until 2021.Of course, you could use that time to get ready, identify local groups that will help by providing volunteers, and identify donors.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast