Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Wolf executive order

Gov Wolf delayed the signing of EO due to police shooting yesterday. However, he didn't hold back last night calling it a "Mass Shooting" on twitter.

(Allegheny County)

How did we not manage to vote this douche bag out?? I swear, I’m getting really let down with “our side” I know we have the numbers but we can’t get out and make noise like the other side does. I realize people have jobs and busy lives but really it’s not that hard to make our voices louder. How many of us call and write these legislators, how many of us urge others to do the same, how many of us actually do more then just bitch on line and on the comments sections of various sites. I’m not saying anyone in this thread is guilty I’m just asking the question are we really all fighting or just talking about fighting. I’m constantly reading comments from people other places saying all manner of “shall not be infringed” “come and take it” “cold dead hands” , and while those are all valid statements and I use them myself what I’m not hearing from those people is how they write and email their reps and how they’ve contacted the president or joined to GOA or other group or donated to the groups bringing lawsuits. These politicians are scum, I can’t stand them but that doesn’t stop me from trying my best to influence them with threatening their cushy employment status. I’m getting really discouraged lately. The turn out at the May rally in Harrisburg was good as far as 2A rally’s go big in reality in a state like PA it should have been easily double that. Just in the wake of these past shootings I’ve seen multiple “marches” or “rally’s” that put ours in May to shame.

(Lackawanna County)

Political posturing gobbledygook .

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TB3 View Post
    How did we not manage to vote this douche bag out?? I swear, I’m getting really let down with “our side” I know we have the numbers but we can’t get out and make noise like the other side does. I realize people have jobs and busy lives but really it’s not that hard to make our voices louder. How many of us call and write these legislators, how many of us urge others to do the same, how many of us actually do more then just bitch on line and on the comments sections of various sites. I’m not saying anyone in this thread is guilty I’m just asking the question are we really all fighting or just talking about fighting. I’m constantly reading comments from people other places saying all manner of “shall not be infringed” “come and take it” “cold dead hands” , and while those are all valid statements and I use them myself what I’m not hearing from those people is how they write and email their reps and how they’ve contacted the president or joined to GOA or other group or donated to the groups bringing lawsuits. These politicians are scum, I can’t stand them but that doesn’t stop me from trying my best to influence them with threatening their cushy employment status. I’m getting really discouraged lately. The turn out at the May rally in Harrisburg was good as far as 2A rally’s go big in reality in a state like PA it should have been easily double that. Just in the wake of these past shootings I’ve seen multiple “marches” or “rally’s” that put ours in May to shame.
    Are you suggesting that “it’s time”?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TB3 View Post
    How did we not manage to vote this douche bag out??
    For starters, the PA "republican" party didn't back the candidate because he wasn't a party swamp dweller.

How many people can even remember his name without googling?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    For starters, the PA "republican" party didn't back the candidate because he wasn't a party swamp dweller.

How many people can even remember his name without googling?
    I can, Wagner and he wasn't much of a candidate.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Scott Wagner was the GOP nominee opposing Wolf. I (and many others) worked hard for his campaign, but it was not enough.

Yes, the PA GOP (Val DiGiorgio) talked like they supported him, but in reality did nothing.

The PA GOP is funded in large part by Bob Asher (Asher chocolates) who is a #neverTrumper. So, no money went to Wagner, Barletta, and others. Our opposition had much more funding, in every race.

We have a new PA GOP chair. Things should get better, but will take time.

My question: did everyone in this forum vote against Wolf? My guess is that many did not even vote.

Did everyone get at least 2 other pro-gun people to the polls? (I doubt it.)

Does everyone know that statewide, Democrats have a major voter registration advantage? Democrats: 4,033,475 Republicans: 3,231,565 Other Parties and Non Affiliated: 1,213,069

So D's have an 800k advantage over R's. (One can assume that "others" split about evenly or slight advantage D.) So, beating D's at the polls is all about us turning out at a much higher rate than D's.

To do that, everyone voting against the D's must bring 2 people to the polls who would not normally vote.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    Are you suggesting that “it’s time”?
    These days, to answer that question makes you liable to having your door kicked in and your dog killed at 4 am.

The absurdity of that situation should answer your question.

(Beaver County)

" More than 1,600 people died in Pennsylvania from gunshot wounds in 2017, a rate above the national average. "

AND more people died in Chicago year to date (1700) than in a year in the whole state of Pennsylvania. Almost all the killings happen in the Pittsburgh and Philly areas, the rest of the state in very peaceful.

(Montgomery County)

How do we start a recall campaign against governor wolf?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast