Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Default Re: Wolf executive order

his executive order will be as effective as his year+ of SOE opioid crisis virtue signaling.
    another way to redistribute our money, ideally with as little oversight as possible.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    his executive order will be as effective as his year+ of SOE opioid crisis virtue signaling.
    another way to redistribute our money, ideally with as little oversight as possible.
    Yessss but...he...he AT LEAST did something!

Attachment 120492

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Yes we should 'propel' candidates from our ranks.... that's the point I was making. Otherwise we allow ourselves to be governed by our opposition.

As for you running, there is lots of "how to" info around already. The problem for now is that you'll need to wait a couple of years. It is too late for 2019 municipal elections and they don't come around again until 2021.Of course, you could use that time to get ready, identify local groups that will help by providing volunteers, and identify donors.
    Agree with this 100%.
    Anyone that wants to get involved with running for elected office should start doing their research and preparations now.
    Waiting for the next election cycle to prepare guarantees a much more difficult and stressful process.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Agree with this 100%.
    Anyone that wants to get involved with running for elected office should start doing their research and preparations now.
    Waiting for the next election cycle to prepare guarantees a much more difficult and stressful process.
    gunlawyer for governer.
    i like his writings.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    gunlawyer for governer.
    i like his writings.
    I asked Phil but he can't do it.
    UncleJ is also an excellent candidate and he is considering entering politics.
    People should let him know they want him to run for any office of his choice.
    The rest of us should all consider if we are willing and able to run for lower offices.

The geographic area we need people most is SE. That's Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, Lehigh, Northampton.

People who have never run should be looking at city council in decent sized cities. But, we can't wait for those people to run, win and serve before moving up to State Rep.

So, we should be trying to identify pro-gun people currently in city councils who would run for state Rep jobs and convince them to get rid of these damned RINOs in the SE in 2020. Someone with a good track record, an ability to raise money, who has a base of volunteers, and who has won an election previously should be able to successfully primary a RINO then win in the fall, riding a Republican wave for Trump. (hopefully)

To do that, the city council person would need to raise $50k with no help from the state GOP and would need 20 solid volunteers, for a state rep seat.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Delaware County)

All my RINOS have lost to full fledged anti gun demonrats. Only RINO left is two faced Toomey. The RINOS tried to play both sides and pandered to the liberals and lost to the real thing.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I asked Phil but he can't do it.
    UncleJ is also an excellent candidate and he is considering entering politics.
    People should let him know they want him to run for any office of his choice.
    The rest of us should all consider if we are willing and able to run for lower offices.
    the best people for office are the ones pushed into doing it.
    do it jumbo!

i'm shooting for hoa board this time around. it's not much but hopefully i can keep the NY/NJ from ruining my home.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    The geographic area we need people most is SE. That's Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, Lehigh, Northampton.

People who have never run should be looking at city council in decent sized cities. But, we can't wait for those people to run, win and serve before moving up to State Rep.

So, we should be trying to identify pro-gun people currently in city councils who would run for state Rep jobs and convince them to get rid of these damned RINOs in the SE in 2020. Someone with a good track record, an ability to raise money, who has a base of volunteers, and who has won an election previously should be able to successfully primary a RINO then win in the fall, riding a Republican wave for Trump. (hopefully)

To do that, the city council person would need to raise $50k with no help from the state GOP and would need 20 solid volunteers, for a state rep seat.
    What does the $50k number translate into on the ground?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    All my RINOS have lost to full fledged anti gun demonrats. Only RINO left is two faced Toomey. The RINOS tried to play both sides and pandered to the liberals and lost to the real thing.
    This happened in a lot of the state. Many anti gun women, progressive Democrats won, and a bunch were first timers.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast